Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If You Listen To Your Iphone In Your Car Read This!

Default If You Listen To Your Iphone In Your Car Read This!
    So do you hate controlling your iPhone with your cd deck? Well I have discovered how to controll your ipod with your ipod! This works with a jailbroken 1.1.2 and a pioneer deck with the 30 pin cable. So basically you have to get the ipod to stop and not pause. To do this, while you have the ipod connected on and playing, change a setting on summerboard. once you go back to springboard, open up the ipod, you now have control and the sound still goes through your cd player. I would love to se ean app made that simply stops the ipod from playing. Please let me know if this works for you. I was so happy when i discovered this.

Jeb

What kind of adapter are you using? I've installed a few ipod to aux port adapters in the last few years and most of them have a dipswitch or something that allows you to change how the deck and the ipod interact. If you want complete ipod control just use an aux port adapter and an RCA to headphone adapter and plug into the top of the iphone instead.

I call bogus!!!

Post the specs or go home..
    What, I upgraded to 1.1.2 and now my iPhone is bricked?

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish there was a way to switch back and forth, I have a top of the line pioneer 9800bt, and the ipod control works very well when you have a small playlist, trying to search or navigate through a very large playlist is impossibly slow. But now that I think about it, if u undock your iphone, select a new song, and reconnect it, it will pick up right at the new song. Sometimes I wish I could do this for movies though, an audio passthrough app would be cool
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

i have a pioneer head unit with built in ipod control, and when i connect the iphone it works just like the ipod, full control and everything, but im not able to receive call for some reason

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minitrk View Post
    but im not able to receive call for some reason
    well if u put it in airplane mode it wont receive calls, if u mean u can receive calls but the voice doesn't come out your speakers, well its not supposed to. Some pioneers have a bluetooth module for voice, and it works great
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

Quote Originally Posted by dgdimick View Post
    I call bogus!!!

Post the specs or go home..
    What specs do you want? And why would you call bogus? Do you think I would just decide to lie about something and get flamed? I'll post "specs" when I get off work. But until then quit being such a pessimist.

Quote Originally Posted by scottvalentine View Post
    well if u put it in airplane mode it wont receive calls, if u mean u can receive calls but the voice doesn't come out your speakers, well its not supposed to. Some pioneers have a bluetooth module for voice, and it works great
    I didnt have the iPhone on airplane mode, and I could use apps and stuff, but after i disconnected it I started receiving calls and complaints about not having my phone turned on, I haven't tried again to confirm it,

the new 06 eclipses have an audio in its quite nice
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple

dude, I kick it old school w/ my cassette tape adapter
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monadzback View Post
    So do you hate controlling your iPhone with your cd deck? Well I have discovered how to controll your ipod with your ipod! This works with a jailbroken 1.1.2 and a pioneer deck with the 30 pin cable. So basically you have to get the ipod to stop and not pause. To do this, while you have the ipod connected on and playing, change a setting on summerboard. once you go back to springboard, open up the ipod, you now have control and the sound still goes through your cd player. I would love to se ean app made that simply stops the ipod from playing. Please let me know if this works for you. I was so happy when i discovered this.

Jeb
    why wouldn't you want to control your iphone with your deck? That's what I love about my car.

Are you guys serious? the iphone works with alot of stuff. Try the sony explode deck, works great. Got two twelves and bumps hard. The twelves are kickers. Never had a problem with the iphone and my deck!
    Last edited by jarthurs1981; 2008-02-02 at 09:39 AM. Reason: just read the other posts!

Quote Originally Posted by monadzback View Post

Jeb
    I noticed that sometimes I am able to use the iPhone to control, but most of the time the controls are on my Kenwood HU. Maybe you can open iPod and then hold homebutton till iPod quits? I'm gonna try that...

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

i also have a pioneer deck and for some odd reason it gives me an error when i connect my phone, it still plays music but i cant browse playlists etc
    on a couple occasions it allowed me to, not sure why it does that
    i just want to note tho that as someone above mentioned, if you unplug it and choose a new song, and then plug it back in, the new song will continue playing over your car speakers
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Worked Great on my Sony FX with my Ipod Adapter Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    dude, I kick it old school w/ my cassette tape adapter
    lol, my friend used to have an old caprice or impala with 8-track! ya know he rocked it.

Worked great on my Nissan Murano 2005 (re-spring baby)
    8gb 2G iPhone 2.1 (Pwned)

I have my phone clipped to my sunvisor with an aux cable plugged into the headphone jack that I ran behind the windshield trim, down the side of the windshield, tucked between the doorjam and under the dashboard to the aux in on my stereo. I have full access to the phone/pod controls and you can answer the phone and the other party's voice comes through the speakers in the car. works great! All you need is about a ten ft stereo audio cable. You can shave down the male plug to fit the iphone or just buy the adapter. But it's a cheap and easy setup that works awesome!

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

i like my kenwood 7" flipout. i control my ipod and all my iphone controls via the touchscreen. pretty cool

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i use my iphone in my car, i have a Alpine HU. I LOVE how i can control the iphone with the HU. its perfect!! althou i have used new alpine HU's and some pioneer's and its terrible.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Alpine owns.lolol i havnt even used iphone in car, i kno my jack wont fit. But i just use the alpine cd changer adapter to, left right AUX to 1/8inch. and my ipod is awsome. i never bought the brain for my radio so i can not control through radio. But hey its got to be cheaper than it used to be. i never bought it becuz it was like almost as much as my ipod. Barley related but wht r u gonna do. haha
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!