Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looking to install OS X on PC

Default Looking to install OS X on PC
    Ok you read the title so you know what I want but I have some questions.. I know absolutley nothing about mac's OS idk what tiger leopard or anything other cats they have maybe a puma.. So what's the differences between them and any tips for installing it is appreciated...

thanks

Update: I succesfully installed OS X I used Kalyway 10.5 and EasyBCD for dual boot worked flawlessly Leopard is really nice and people should just buy PC hardware to save from buying the super expensive apple hardware. BTW updates work and everything I recommend a 15GB partition minimum
    Last edited by rosskey711; 2008-08-17 at 03:19 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rosskey711 For This Useful Post:

Sullivan0930 (2008-08-09)

Google "osx86" you will find all you need to know
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

rosskey711 (2008-08-09)

thanks i did lots of googlin and i think i'm ready to try it for realz but i think i'll just buy a cheap tiny harddrive to play with so i don't mess anything up

try the leo4allv3 install...greatest osx86 build out there. Compatible with pretty much every piece of hardware...i have it running on my hp dv6000 beautifully! once you get a hold of it, its very simple to install...you'll get the hang of it. If you can't figure it out yourself, then you shouldn't even be attempting something like this or you may screw up your HD. Keep in mind that the Sleep function doesn't work on any system and if you have a laptop, the battery drains drastically...i can get up to 3 hours on windows, and about an hour on leopard.
    Last edited by relientmt; 2008-08-09 at 02:50 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to relientmt For This Useful Post:

rosskey711 (2008-08-09)

If you don't mind doing a bit of reading, these 2 sites will take you a long way to setting up a Hackintosh:
    InsanelyMac Forum

HCL 10.5.2 - OSx86

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    If you don't mind doing a bit of reading, these 2 sites will take you a long way to setting up a Hackintosh:
    InsanelyMac Forum

HCL 10.5.2 - OSx86
    I agree, insanelymac is a great resource. It can be painless to set up and can be a nightmare, sometimes you get lucky. Its always worth it though. Do your homework first, makes the process a lot easier. I've successfully set up OSX on more than 15 machines and its always a unique adventure!

Thanks

I used Kalyway 10.5.2 and it took me a good while to get it set up the way I want it. Still a few blips (QE/CI not working, and no Line In) but it works great and more efficiently than my Windows side. I don't really boot into Windows anymore.

I don't have the balls to try it 'for real', as it were, so am in the process of doing it using VMware. See instructions here PCWiz Computer - [Mac OSx86] 10.4.8 VMware Installation Guide
    Can't say yet whether it works properly or not.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by rosskey711 View Post
    . I know absolutley nothing about mac's OS idk what tiger leopard or anything other cats they have maybe a puma..
    i actually loled at that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sullivan0930 For This Useful Post:

rosskey711 (2008-08-09)

googled.. and nothing on leopard4all

am I spelling it wrong?

j

oh so sorry. its actually leo4all very sorry. just google that and you will find loads of hits.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hairlessheart View Post
    I don't have the balls to try it 'for real', as it were, so am in the process of doing it using VMware. See instructions here PCWiz Computer - [Mac OSx86] 10.4.8 VMware Installation Guide

Doug
    This works fine. I used it for about 20 minutes then got bored. Didn't have ethernet though, and it runs pretty slow. Might try it again
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hairlessheart View Post

Doug
    You can create a new partition on your hard drive pretty easily and play with it there. You won't mess anything up. If it doesn't work or you don't like it, all you gotta do is delete the partition and viola!

just buy a mac

/end

Quote Originally Posted by preston03 View Post
    just buy a mac

/end
    why the hell would i want to buy a mac they're way too expensive and i'm a hardcore gamer no thanks.. I will dual boot vista and os x... i got my partition all ready and set up my Osx86 is at 20% right now w00t
    Last edited by rosskey711; 2008-08-09 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by rosskey711 View Post
    why the hell would i want to buy a mac they're way too expensive and i'm a hardcore gamer no thanks.. I will dual boot vista and os x... i got my partition all ready and set up my Osx86 is at 20% right now w00t
    Hardcore gamers dont use vista

Quote Originally Posted by commandersafi View Post
    Hardcore gamers dont use vista
    Uhmm yeah we do... DirectX 10 is a must have that's the main reason I left Xp so I could use directX 10.. it makes a difference with all the thousands of articles directX 10 allows for

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I wish I could use my 10.5 install disks on my Vaio. I'd like to eliminate windows from the house completely. At least maybe run VMware and be able to use my apple Leo 10.5 disk or something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I wish I could use my 10.5 install disks on my Vaio. I'd like to eliminate windows from the house completely. At least maybe run VMware and be able to use my apple Leo 10.5 disk or something.
    If you feel like dedicating time to it you can create your own distribution with your original apple discs. Its a lot easier however to use a pre-made one. Most important thing is to check compatibility with your hardware and OS X & your distribution of choice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried doing this awhile back and ran into a ton of problems just trying to find a good OSx86 disk to burn and getting the darn thing to install...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast