19 32.76%
  • Navy

5 8.62%
  • Coast Guard

3 5.17%
  • Air Force

25 43.10%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If you were to join the Military

iPhone? More like MyPhone wareagle5693's Avatar
    Thanks

Default If you were to join the Military
    What branch would you join?

Thanks

Marines, First to go in and are Elite Forces.
    Plus their Uniforms are the best looking, and i like their Training, not to mention their support structure is awesome
    Last edited by Zeal; 2008-08-06 at 08:40 PM.
    EDM

Thanks

The army. Cos they get to kill the most. And that's the only reason to join the armed forces
    To live, you have to lie

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea , I'd go back into the USMC, tho I did spend some time using Special Services at the AFB (their Special Services rawk, but that's the nice thing about a millatry I.D. it will get you on any open millatary base) So I guess the Airfoce would be a close second....
    LOL! Here I am: Where's Waldo ? by *e-dragon on deviantART I'm on the bottom row far left (first one) ROFL yep that's a "back in the day" picture.....

Air Force Highest Paid... how many ppl you hear of dying in the Air Force?

I am in the air force I recommend you go around to each branch and decide for your self which one suits you best

On the question of how often you hear people dying in the air force since 2003 in Iraq only been 46

yup 46 is a considerably very low number compared to the idk 2000+ that died so far in the iraq f*()k up...
    when my contracts up im gonna try to reinlist into the air force if not hell the army isn't that bad... well be going to Kuwait next year May... hopefully no one in my unit will add to the death toll... hell if it was only possible that no one else dies... if you do decide to join any military... props to you cuz now is not the time to sign up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 808mp5 View Post
    yup 46 is a considerably very low number compared to the idk 2000+ that died so far in the iraq f*()k up...
    when my contracts up im gonna try to reinlist into the air force if not hell the army isn't that bad... well be going to Kuwait next year May... hopefully no one in my unit will add to the death toll... hell if it was only possible that no one else dies... if you do decide to join any military... props to you cuz now is not the time to sign up
    Its about 4,200 that have died so far. My cousion is in Iraq and he actually enjoys it....
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I say airforce just because I am in it.

But sometimes I think back and I wish I joined the Marines because of the pride that follows it, but realistically that shouldnt influence you.

I also reccomend not going Active Duty, join the National Guard.

i recommend active duty i love it

It depends on what you want to do, each service has their own benefits,
    I am partial to the Air Force though, been in almost 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 808mp5 View Post
    Air Force Highest Paid...
    Really? some one forgot to tell Denver they have been underpaying me.
    I get the same as every other E-6 in the military.
    Last edited by pjw; 2008-08-06 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Army, would be a sharpshooter.

Served four years active in USMC.
    Best years of my life!
    Semper Fi!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Thanks
    i dunno. what requires the least amount of shooting? because i am an awful shot!

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

Marines are the first to fight and first to risk their lives.

The Army then goes in and hold the territory, thats why its has the biggest number of people because its an occupying force.

The Air Force is a bit too specalized, your assigned as a bomber, you bomb. In Marines Air, your may be bombing one day and switching to a different fixed wing another day, so you get to do more.

Marines are a sub-division of the Navy which obviously deal in water based attacks, transport or support. The Navy also encompass' SEALS.

However the Army does have the Rangers which can be compared to SEALS.

Coast Guard is I think the most important because they protect us from invasions on our homeland.

Finally, I'd probably have to pick Marines because of family history and because they are the first to fight.

As for the Air Force only having 46 deaths since deployment in Iraq, not a lot of air missions have been made because we don't know which mud-hut the targets are in. (Not hating the AF just an idea.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaloyan View Post
    Army, would be a sharpshooter.
    Im sure everyone wishes they were a sniper or a Navy SEAL .... but thats all hope.

Do what you want, but dont think just because you join any of those branches you are gonna be some special forces tactical fighting machine.

Myself am a FireFighter.

Quote Originally Posted by EmericAn View Post
    Im sure everyone wishes they were a sniper or a Navy SEAL .... but thats all hope.

Do what you want, but dont think just because you join any of those branches you are gonna be some special forces tactical fighting machine.

Myself am a FireFighter.
    I am also a CE troop.

its funny how no one choose the coast guard, rofl

i like the army because they always get all the kool new gadgets, and marines because the uniform

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

None... I am not that stupid to join such a thing! Why do I say this? Because it makes me mad that the U.S. can not take care of our people once they get hurt over there... and I think that the U.S should take care of anyone for the rest of their lifes if they fought for our freedom! Not saying some may like this type of life and we need people like this and I am proud and thankful for the people over there right now... but I would never join it!

I have family members and friends that have retired out of one Army and Marines... once they get out they get pension but as for medical only the VA and it sucks as I have been told.....

Air Force. But probably only because my grandpa was a fighter pilot in WWII. ;D

And although I don't think I'll be joining any branch, I would automatically be promoted 2 ranks because I'm an Eagle Scout. That's always cool.
    Last edited by Dash-2; 2008-08-07 at 04:28 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast