19 32.76%
  • Navy

5 8.62%
  • Coast Guard

3 5.17%
  • Air Force

25 43.10%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If you were to join the Military

My first question as a newbie (although I've been lurking for a long time) is what is the point of this post?

I'm an old guy I was drafted in 1964 rather than go to SEA in the Army I chose to join the USAF, I spent the next 10 years serving my country with the added bonus of seeing the world, and would happily do it all over again.

Today's Military is on a volunteer basis, so whoever joins up should have no complaints as you know what you are getting into. And yes you understand when you sign up that there is 99.9% chance that you WILL be put into harm's way .. its your job mate.

You don't get to choose (unless thangs have changed) your job, you are assigned according to the results of your tests and the Military's needs. If you are lucky you 'may' be able to crosstrain and change your job spec in your 2nd year of Re-up, provided there is a need for those skills.

I can assure you that the movies that you watch have no bearing on the real Military, so forget all that crap.

I can also assure you that you will make trusted friend while you serve and alsso as you meet other Military people from Services around the world (its hard to explain to someone who has not served). The saying "I've got your back" means more than you can imagine both as Military and Ex-Military.

To all the Servicepersons and especially you Wingnuts that have stated that they have/are serving ... THANK YOU.

Please do a bit of research on the historical background of why and what the US have been involved in rather than beleive what you read in the news and see on tv.

Lastly, this post in now is meant to criticize any of the other posters, as I for one spent 10 years of my life ensuring that you enjoy your Constitutional right of free speech.

Peace and longevity to you all :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cherokee For This Useful Post:

IvanPK (2009-07-31)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    My first question as a newbie (although I've been lurking for a long time) is what is the point of this post?

I'm an old guy I was drafted in 1964 rather than go to SEA in the Army I chose to join the USAF, I spent the next 10 years serving my country with the added bonus of seeing the world, and would happily do it all over again.

Today's Military is on a volunteer basis, so whoever joins up should have no complaints as you know what you are getting into. And yes you understand when you sign up that there is 99.9% chance that you WILL be put into harm's way .. its your job mate.

You don't get to choose (unless thangs have changed) your job, you are assigned according to the results of your tests and the Military's needs. If you are lucky you 'may' be able to crosstrain and change your job spec in your 2nd year of Re-up, provided there is a need for those skills.

I can assure you that the movies that you watch have no bearing on the real Military, so forget all that crap.

I can also assure you that you will make trusted friend while you serve and alsso as you meet other Military people from Services around the world (its hard to explain to someone who has not served). The saying "I've got your back" means more than you can imagine both as Military and Ex-Military.

To all the Servicepersons and especially you Wingnuts that have stated that they have/are serving ... THANK YOU.

Please do a bit of research on the historical background of why and what the US have been involved in rather than beleive what you read in the news and see on tv.

Lastly, this post in now is meant to criticize any of the other posters, as I for one spent 10 years of my life ensuring that you enjoy your Constitutional right of free speech.

Peace and longevity to you all :-)

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
    awesome first post if i might add.

my pops spent the better part of 1970 as a POW in vietnam for the 82nd airborne. watched alot of his friends get executed since he wouldnt give up info.
    finally the 101st disobeyed direct orders and (you know, black ops type stuff) extracted him and 2 others of their 18 person squad.

i applaud the people that do what they do.

i just hate the reasons they have to fight and the fact that at any moment you and your closest brothers can become "expendable"

the constitution and the rights you and my dad fought for are becoming a thing of the past. thanks to the rich and their determination for a new world order. it sickens me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ]YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 1 of 5)[/ame]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post

These days you do pick your job. You take the test, get a list of what you can choose from, and there ya go.

I always pick Marines on COD4 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

my pops spent the better part of 1970 as a POW in vietnam for the 82nd airborne. watched alot of his friends get executed since he wouldnt give up info.
    finally the 101st disobeyed direct orders and (you know, black ops type stuff) extracted him and 2 others of their 18 person squad.

i just hate the reasons they have to fight and the fact that at any moment you and your closest brothers can become "expendable"

the constitution and the rights you and my dad fought for are becoming a thing of the past. thanks to the rich and their determination for a new world order. it sickens me.

YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 1 of 5)
    Thank you tattoojack :-)

Give your Dad my regards.

Thanks for the utube of the Fed Reserve hopefully everyone on the forum will look at it and take notice as they go to the polls in Nov.

We are starting to go off topic a bit so maybe the mods will want us to take this to a new thread?

I have lived in a few British colonies and I can tell you that the UK version of the Fed Reserve is called the Reserve Bank ultimately they collectively control each Country's exchange rates (not the stock market as the press would have you beleive). They also control by other means, ask your Dad about the (for want of a better word) the 'black ops' arm of the banking system worldwide.

If you want answers to why so many prominent US public figures have been taken out in the past; look at what thier goals were in relation to the world banking system, then start peeling back the layers of the onion.

Lastly, every American has a chance to rectify the banking control over thier lives... This Nov consider voting for Ron Paul a ex-independant and Constitutonalist who is on the Republican platform. Search on utube for his position, consistency, action plan and then make an intellegent choice.

Thanks for allowing me the soapbox.

Peace

'he who forgets history..is doomed to repeat it (or something like that)
    Last edited by cherokee; 2008-08-19 at 02:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

YouTube - Zeitgeist - The Movie: Federal Reserve (Part 1 of 5)
    The movie you linked is great and i think everyone needs to watch it as most Americans are living a lie but do not care enough to change that. I am convinced that if everyone knew about the things that happen behind the scenes there would be steps taken for change and reform immediately.

Thanks

Is it common habit for the military to trace your home number down and badger you till you join? They're onto me. >_>

U.S. Air Force Vet. Go Blue.

Default Need help
    Thank you for providing information, you have given me great help.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I loved the 14 years I was in the Submarine Force.

When I got out I was getting about 1200 extra a month for sub pay and sea pay.

If i had to do it again I would probably go air force. they have the nicest bases, best facilities.

I am not a ground pounder but I give a lot of credit and have a ton of respect for those doing that incredibly courageous, difficult job. My hat's off to those that have and that are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by whateverman24791 View Post
    Marines are the first to fight and first to risk their lives.

The Army then goes in and hold the territory, thats why its has the biggest number of people because its an occupying force.

The Air Force is a bit too specalized, your assigned as a bomber, you bomb. In Marines Air, your may be bombing one day and switching to a different fixed wing another day, so you get to do more.

Marines are a sub-division of the Navy which obviously deal in water based attacks, transport or support. The Navy also encompass' SEALS.

However the Army does have the Rangers which can be compared to SEALS.

Coast Guard is I think the most important because they protect us from invasions on our homeland.

Finally, I'd probably have to pick Marines because of family history and because they are the first to fight.

As for the Air Force only having 46 deaths since deployment in Iraq, not a lot of air missions have been made because we don't know which mud-hut the targets are in. (Not hating the AF just an idea.)
    Definitely the army, I didn't know that the army was an occupying force. I guess you learn something new everyday.

i would go to the navy so i can import me a skyline from japan

my friend ended up disabled and permenantly scared when he went to marines .he steped on a mine alwyas ended up drawing the short stickhe was disharged at age 20
    Last edited by suad618; 2009-08-03 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234