Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Grand Theft Auto sales stopped after taxi driver murdered

This is unbelievable, and hopefully not the start of it happening in other countries.

Thanks

Video games dont kill people, people kill people. If you dont have the capacity to understand the difference between a game and real life (and there is a very broad line), then there is something wrong that was there before the game came around.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sedjav View Post
    a nice 404 error there lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    In the 80's it was D&D, in the 90's is was "devil music", now it's violent video games. People are always looking to blame other things for their own miserable failures in life.
    I second that.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    As a parent of three teenage boys all into games, it is not the games. The parents teach kids reality from fantasy. I ahve observed, and my kids all say, that palying some of these games keeps them from doing bad stuff in reality. My 17 yearold says it best. He says you can have a frustrating day at school or wherever, with kids in your face making fun, whatever, come home and shoot up some bad guys on a video game to release frustration. Next day you can go into school and just smile and turn your back on the jerks that mess with you.

This said, we all in my family tend to be very independent thinkers. Most folks who tend to follow the crowd and trends etc... may perhaps be more influenced. All I know id my kids make fun of peoplke who take the games so seriously becasue they are so obviously fake. Then again, my 14 year old at age 3 laughed on all the "scary" attractions at DIsney World and wondered why older kids were crying cause it was 'pretend". How stupid and gullible are kids?

My own comment its that a few bad apples (no pun intended) mess up everything for those of us who behave responsibly whether it be video games, traffic rules, other protect-people-from-themselves rules. Its just as bad as the fact they want to put speed bumps in my neighborhood becasue of all the "speeding' cars. The police did studies and determine that speeding is not excessive. I could hjave told you that, its the dumbass people who walk 3 abreast in the street and dont look for trafficor move over forcing cars to stop dead if there is oncoming traffic. People have lost all reason.

Tragic as killings are its lame to blame it on media. There are other things such as parents not caring or being involved with their kids, not attempting to understand their kids, forgetting what it was like at the same age. Maybe I never grew up but I so can remember 30 years ago and what it was like. Most of my peers are total hypocritical a-holes to their kids. I am not in the least permissive but our discipline is always fair and appropriate and we don't get bent out of shape over stuff that does nt matter. My kids learned to be truthful no matter how bad things are. its far worse to lie. Not that you get off scot free, but it will be just and fair. It is parents who freak out over dumb stuff that creat kids who lie and cheat. I used to lie to my mom because she was so out of touch and unreasonable. If you are not comfortable with somehting your kid is doing dont forbid them it, point out the possibile negative consequences in a way that motivates them to choose wisely. This can differ greatly form person to person. Remembering your child is not a little clone of you.
    that exactly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12