Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g iphone purchase problem

Default 3g iphone purchase problem
    hi guys , i have a little problem here i want you to help me with
    i live in egypt the problem is that someone i know went to america and i told him to buy me a 3g iphone with him
    , but when he arrived there and after 2 days he told me that when he went to at&t to buy it (he lives in america and have a 1gen iphone with at&t contract) that they told him that he should return his old one and replace it with the 3g one and that he can't have both .so , is this right i mean does at&t really does this .

second thing ,
    if i buy a 3g iphone from america and throw the at&t card away and of course paied any fees required when exiting the store , how much fine is applied for such thing ?
    thanks very much

Thanks

at&t can not make you give up something you allready paid for, unless they pay you the difference. If someone paid $600 for a 1st gen iphone I doubt they would pay a customer $400 and give them a free 3g iphone.

So in my opinion the story sounds fishy.

Thanks

My son has a 1gen iPhone and just bought a 3G. He still has the old phone. It is deactivated so his sim wont work, it essentially works like and iPod Touch. Well that was until i unlocked it and can use his or my sim in it.

thanks
    it's a reilef even it is a bad thing , thanks anyway

they dident tell me that