Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost my Iphone 3G!!

Default Lost my Iphone 3G!!
    Ok, just to let everyone know I have lost my 8gb iphone 3G in West Palm Beach , Florida.
    If you find it please return it.

Went to a park in Palm Springs, where I let my wife hold it because I was chasing my daughter around who was getting wet.I did not want to get my iphone wet so I took it of my belt with case and all and let my wife hold it while she sat on the bench. Well we left about 10 minutes later and she left the phone on the bench.
    I did not realize the phone was missing until about 3 hours later when I was chilling at home playing xbox.

I actually didnt take it to bad, since I had just sold my wifes 3g on ebay for 750.00. I Sold my wifes first gen for 400, and my first gen for 425. I than decided to buy a messed up iphone from ebay for 215.00 that had slight water damage but still worked, but was stuck in retore mode. I could not get it to take any firmware so I opened it up very carefully and removed the sticker that turns red when it gets wet from inside bottom of the headphone jack. I checked online to see if it was still under warranty and it had 5 months left of warranty, so made an appointment and took it to apple. They could not get the phone to take a firmware and after that they inspected the phone, looked down the headphone jack, and bam! I got a new phone.

I lost the phone on saturday and was able to get another first gen from a doctor friend of mine for 150. with a Vaja case which is pretty sweet.

So now I am going to sell both first gen phones and reorder some new 3g's, but the crack thread has me kinda sketchy about getting the new one again.

Well what do you guys think, should I be depressed or should I just move on?
    Mono_frio

Well yeah you should be depressed. Like it or not, you just lost $200. Though you may have made money on the side here, you still lost some. But then again, it is just a material item, so it shouldn't be taken too seriously. I dunno, you don't sound to upset
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Thanks

LOOOOL.. Dude youre SOL

And you dont sound depressed, I would of been going crazy losing my life line
    EDM

Yeah, at first I thougt my wife was pulling leg. But after she got on the phone with att and started crying I knew whe was for real.
    She felt really bad so I just decided to not take it crazy, and be calm about it. Plus she did give up her 3g to ebay so we could have a little extra cash.

What really gets me mad is that we return phones to people all the time and the person that found my phone didn't have the decensy to return it.

I dont think of it as loosing 200 bucks its more like 800 or 900 because thats what it can go for on ebay.

It is only material and we must learn to live with our mistakes or should I say our better halfs mistakes.

Now I have to wait and order a new one.
    Mono_frio

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    Yeah, at first I thougt my wife was pulling leg. But after she got on the phone with att and started crying I knew whe was for real.
    She felt really bad so I just decided to not take it crazy, and be calm about it. Plus she did give up her 3g to ebay so we could have a little extra cash.

What really gets me mad is that we return phones to people all the time and the person that found my phone didn't have the decensy to return it.

I dont think of it as loosing 200 bucks its more like 800 or 900 because thats what it can go for on ebay.

It is only material and we must learn to live with our mistakes or should I say our better halfs mistakes.

Now I have to wait and order a new one.
    I like the fact she gave up her 3G on ebay so you guys can have so more money, And its a 3G iPhone most people will steal that the second they get a chance sadly

I ALWAYS keep it in my pocket at all times, And where did you guys lose it?
    EDM

what would happen if you go to apple and tell em you lost your 3g?
    would you be able to buy a new iphone 3g WITHOUT the contract?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

which park? i live in clearwater and Im headed over into palm springs tomorrow. If its close Ill take a look. Never know when you could find a group of punk teenagers with a new shiny 3G iPhone... lol

Thanks

yeah and some random guy is gonna go up to them group of 'Punks" saying "Hey thats this random guys phone on this forum i go too can i has it back?"

Good Luck...
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

thats right watch out punks. im gonna want that random guys phone back right now! or im telling on you
    lmao

did u use remote wipe to wipe your iPhone because if u didn't someone knows ur info and contacts and other.
    Also with remote wipe AT&T and Applecab locate the iPhone and since it's wiped you might just have a chance of having ur old iPhone back!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

dan your sig has me cracking up man =]
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

no I didn't even think about the remote wipe, I am sure it can't be don't once service is disconnected. Am I right?

Funny thing is if someone really wanted to return it they would have just turned I into the palm springs police station which was litteraly 10 feet away.

Wish I though about that remote wipe though. I also should of installed that program that you can see where your friends are, that way I could have tracked with my wifes phone.

Yeah my wife gave hers up and now I have to basically buy 2 more at 400 a pop, even though my wife don't deserve it. She has the first gen which I can easly get 450 on eBay now so it's basically the same thing if I make her keep the first gen.
    Just kidding she deserves a lot more.

Thanks for the moral support guys!!

Oh and by the way apple and AT&T could care less if you lost you iphone. They made their money and they basically tell you, you screwed up.

I did get a free new sim card, oh joy!
    Last edited by Kelvin; 2008-08-01 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Mono_frio

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    Ok, just to let everyone know I have lost my 8gb iphone 3G in West Palm Beach , Florida.
    If you find it please return it.
    I actually didnt take it to bad, since I had just sold my wifes 3g on ebay for 750.00. I Sold my wifes first gen for 400, and my first gen for 425. I than decided to buy a messed up iphone from ebay for 215.00 that had slight water damage but still worked, but was stuck in retore mode.
    Well what do you guys think, should I be depressed or should I just move on?
    It actually isn't like you really lost out, it looks as if you made enough $ from ebay idiots to buy another.

would apple let you buy the iphone 3g only w/o contract if you told me you lost yours?
    iPhone 3G

Thanks

LOL, Is that a serious question?
    EDM

Thanks

good luck
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone