Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So they cracked the app store games and apps.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Default So they cracked the app store games and apps.....
    pf edit: first person to post a link to warez in this thread, or a "how to" on warez, gets an immediate ban. watch yerself.

I knew it wouldn't take long for the to crack the games and all the DRM free games to hit the torrents. Took a lot less time than I expected though to make the app store apps and games "free for all" so to speak.

So here is my question...... Apple has always been a step behind people in keeping their security up to date, Apple hackers may be a small number, but they're some smart cookies. How do you think this will affect apple's next update?

Will they update the firmware to lock the games out or will they update the games themselves?

Thought I'd grab an opinion on whether you think they'll lock whichever one with new security measures. I bet they lock the firmware security tighter in the next update and I bet that update is coming VERY SOON since the stuff was just cracked last night and all the top games and apps are already blasting the torrents.

Not discussing warez here, I want to know your opinion on what you think apple will do. See the two options given and comment.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

pingywon (2008-07-29)

It's a losing battle here, people will always find a way to hack something. I'm sure future updates will not make it any easier for people, but people will continue to do what they do.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Searching google brb.
    EDM

i guess that was bound to happen....take a cue from apple's firmwares that have been repeatedly jailbroken. and a good thing for us

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah, pretty much every good game has been cracked now. Too bad I paid for almost all of them the first day the 3G came out lol

how do u get stuff on app store for free?

Thanks

i haz my eye's on yall...

Thanks

O haz mah eyes on joo boobies
    EDM

Another thing to consider: before jailbreaking didn't do anything that would really break/steal from Apple/Developers, if anything it boosted sales with unlocked phones. However, now jailbreaking is going to be tied directly into the stealing of applications from the AppStore (you can't crack them without jailbreaking first).

I wonder if this will force Apple to take a more active stance against everyone who jailbreaks? More importantly, I really think its time for the devs and the GOOD people working on the jailbreaking community to take a stand against pirating because it could very well be the reason for further restrictive practices from Apple.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (2008-07-29)

Green Apple
    Thanks

much agreed.. It's still stealing even if you know you can't be caught

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sn0ws For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (2008-07-29)

Default Yep
    I agree with that also. Isnt that a big reason why VOIP didnt come out earlier? Because we dont want to tick off the boys up stairs. They're letting us get away with quite a bit. Although, I dont know what the dev teams could do to prevent it. They're not the ones in control of what repos go up and what they contain.
    Last edited by CAPcadetJC; 2008-07-29 at 08:25 AM.
    "Carpe iPhone"-"Seize the iPhone"-Steve's Roman Ancestors

everyone you can grab the cracked apps HERE! lol jj stealing from the appStore will in turn make things harder for us in the long run not doubt apple will relock the phones first chance they get because if there is no jailbreak there is no stolen apps so that would be apples goal not only to stop piracy but apple gets a cut of all the apps bought so you digging in there pockets and i've noticed that's when Steve gets a little moody.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple can never do anything to fully prevent this.

Making game demos for free could go a long way to help sell them. I installed the "cracked" Chopper, I love it, and I'm paying for the actual version. I guess people like me don't want to flush $10 without knowing what they are getting.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

so what is the method of getting the cracked apps on 2.0 1st gen jailbroken?
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    so what is the method of getting the cracked apps on 2.0 1st gen jailbroken?
    waiving my "no,no" finger at you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately we cannot just tell you, do some research on google and you'll figure it out
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Unfortunately we cannot just tell you, do some research on google and you'll figure it out

got it! thanks.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

wow... you have to be pretty pathetic & cheap not willing to spend a couple bucks on the official Appstore versions. Jailbreaking to have non-appstore available apps is one thing, stealing is another.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to hozay09 For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (2008-07-29)

Agree with the above post. I have no problem paying for App Store Apps, and even the apps that require jailbreaking (for those apps that I use, and require a fee, i.e. Intelliscreen).

I know Apple will only make it tougher, but it will eventually happen again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    wow... you have to be pretty pathetic & cheap not willing to spend a couple bucks on the official Appstore versions. Jailbreaking to have non-appstore available apps is one thing, stealing is another.
    I'm just curious as to how many people who say this download music or movies...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast