Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: So they cracked the app store games and apps.....

  1. #41
    Im so happy that the app store is cracked. Im sure others are as well. Means I dont have to pay for a single app!!

    Microsoft have their own version of app store its call windows. EVERYbody hacks the hell into that. this is no different. Im just happy that i can get free awesome games.

  2. #42
    Livin the iPhone Life Aiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    -heaven- San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,236
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 104 Times in 91 Posts

    >.< they've been crackerjacked for a while..(bows head in shame).. I guess it was a big explosion of people getting their hands on the cracked apps and redistributing them.

    If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

  3. #43
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dewsbury, UK
    Posts
    354
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    I absolutely agree with jwcrash, what's the point of developers making things for us and people get it cracked and they get nothing out of it. In the end they may even stop developing that application because they are getting no money from it

    "Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

  4. #44
    this is a two-way argument. i, for one, am not against cracking especially for some of the crappy apps that are over-priced on appstore. I mean look at the games/apps available for nokia. there r thousands of them which are cracked and distributed on the net like a google ad. but i have not seen any of those companies close down or stop making games at all. i own a nokia n95 too (backup phone) and it has tons of games (cracked) installed which r way better than the $9.99 games on appstore. And as someone posted earlier, look at all the windows cracked apps available so widely.
    I m not praising cracking but i dont condone it either. with devs trying to sell over priced apps on the back of iphone hype & bandwagon, it is in turn 'stealing' by them!! price the apps a little more judiciously so that ppl from around the world (america is not THE world) can afford it.
    Last edited by saifeeab; 2008-07-30 at 01:24 PM. Reason: typo

  5. #45
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    513
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts

    I think I can end this argument.

    "It's impossible to stop hackers, which in a way is good, it forces apple to work harder in an attempt to stop them. But by apple working harder it makes it more of a challenge for hackers, which is what they seek."

    I for one, love being able to download music/video/games for free. The average person does not have 15 - 20 per cd to spend on 7000 songs.

    Go Devs!
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

    Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

    Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

  6. #46
    I love how certain people are in this thread just to preach to us.

    Is stealing wrong? Yes it is. Stealing a car is bad. Stealing an iPod is bad. But these are tangible items. Software piracy does reside on a different level than the afore mentioned.

    This will make this whole arguement sound hypocritical, but, stealing is stealing no matter what the circumstance. The fact is that it is just accepted more or less for different things/mediums.

    Lets look at an example:

    Bob downloads the newest popular album, which on the iTMS costs ~ $9.99. He then downloads some game, which in the AppStore costs ~ $9.99. The former is considered acceptable. Why is it though? He just 'stole' $9.99 from the popular artist, didn't he? The latter is deemed 'immoral', 'wrong', downright 'mean', but why? He just stole $9.99 from a dev who spent an unspecified amount of time developing and applicaton.

    So why is it that it is considered wrong to steal one thing but not the other? I know quite a few people that have a fake license key for their XP installations, but that is not considered 'wrong'- it's quite the contrary. A lot of people hear about that and think 'wow' that is 'cool'. But wait a second, windows keys costs ~ $75.00. This is certainly higher than the $9.99 CD or App, so what gives?

    Downloading software, music, movies, videos, etc. is acceptable now. Perhaps in part because it is so widespead, or that it has been around since commercial software was developed. The AppStore is brand new, give it time, we will become numb and apathetic towards all of this.

    The price is too high? Personally, I think that some of the apps are too expensive for what dismal features they offer. Are you all aware that there are apps that are over $50.00?? Lets remember that we are looking at a very locked down SDK right now, with the first iterations of any apps. These devs think that in addition to purchasing the phone, paying $30+ for the internet, that we have all of this extra cash sitting around to pay for these? What if they made a $9.99 app available for $2.99? Would they not sell more copies? Simple economics, right? I'm not an economist, nor do I have any degrees in Business Marketing, but I'd be willing to bet that a lot of us would not pirate an app that was $5.00 or less...

    I haven't paid for any apps yet, but I also haven't JB my new phone yet. All of the apps I 'own' are freeware. I will pay for apps that are worth it. But if it is $9.99, I may want to 'try-before-I-buy'.

    I agree that cracking AppStore apps is wrong. But I'm not going to get up here and preach how everyone that does so is going to hell, and how they are sooo immoral.

    Some of us need to get off of our high horses and realize that the 100+ tracks that they have in their library, or the 10+ movies that they have downloaded are, in fact, PIRATED.

    Jeez.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

    Taniban (2008-07-30)

  8. #47
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    this is a two-way argument. i, for one, am not against cracking especially for some of the crappy apps that are over-priced on appstore.
    Hold the phone here (no pun intended). So your argument is that these Apps are good enough to use, but crappy enough that you feel justified in not paying for them? We're not talking about $900 pieces of software here, what they are charging on Appstore is a pittance. I've paid for every program (accept for the free ones) on Appstore and feel good with supporting the Devs so they keep coming with more stuff.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  9. #48
    Looks like the main site for the cracked apps, I won't mention the name, has been shut down. IDK if this is because they received a ton of traffic and exceeded their limits or if someones big hand came down and crushed it.

    Anyway, I just wanted to say that I can see both sides of the argument. I will admit that I have downloaded music in my time that I should have paid for. I don't know if I have become jaded by the mass acceptance of this but I do not consider myself a bad person for this. I've spent plenty of money on buying albums and software but then again I have probably downloaded plenty of $$ worth of free content. I'm not condoneing this at all. I really wish that it was widely accepted that downloading warez and music was wrong but things just are not that way right now.

    Just another victim of society.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

  10. #49
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cooper City, FL
    Posts
    275
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    Looks like the main site for the cracked apps, I won't mention the name, has been shut down. IDK if this is because they received a ton of traffic and exceeded their limits or if someones big hand came down and crushed it.

    Anyway, I just wanted to say that I can see both sides of the argument. I will admit that I have downloaded music in my time that I should have paid for. I don't know if I have become jaded by the mass acceptance of this but I do not consider myself a bad person for this. I've spent plenty of money on buying albums and software but then again I have probably downloaded plenty of $$ worth of free content. I'm not condoneing this at all. I really wish that it was widely accepted that downloading warez and music was wrong but things just are not that way right now.

    Just another victim of society.
    I guess I have a different "main site"

  11. #50
    What's Jailbreak? papaboombox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hastings, MN
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default i mean honestly...
    i know phone companies are jacking us on the price for service, but really, im just happy i can use an iphone with t-mobile. i know we all like free, but like in the upper part of this thread, getting things free when they arent supposed to be, will just pissed people off and tighten the noose. i dont mind shellin out a few bucks for apps, as long as they work. and they have for me. good work on the modding of iphones but a big wag of middle finger to those of you who are down for cracked apps.

  12. #51
    Default dont ask
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    so what is the method of getting the cracked apps on 2.0 1st gen jailbroken?
    We don'y do warez hear if you can tell by the tone of the thread most of us are not thrilled with this, search google or something, just dont ask here

  13. #52
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Will they update the firmware to lock the games out or will they update the games themselves?

    Thought I'd grab an opinion on whether you think they'll lock whichever one with new security measures. I bet they lock the firmware security tighter in the next update and I bet that update is coming VERY SOON since the stuff was just cracked last night and all the top games and apps are already blasting the torrents.
    Seemed like a better time than any to stick the OP here and remind everyone what the topic is.

  14. #53
    Basically Jobs has wanted to remove DRM before (from music if you didn't know) he called it a waste of time as it was still going to get around... So I personally think that they'll do a F/W update very soon to stop the pwnage tool which is needed (theyve probably already done it) but keep the DRM the same. Possibly update iTunes aswell to stop these hacked games - which can now be uploaded directly to the phone as if it wre a proper game (because of the deletion of the .plist file)

    ads

  15. #54
    Britney Spears of MMi Zeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 180 Times in 148 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ads1230 View Post
    Basically Jobs has wanted to remove DRM before (from music if you didn't know) he called it a waste of time as it was still going to get around... So I personally think that they'll do a F/W update very soon to stop the pwnage tool which is needed (theyve probably already done it) but keep the DRM the same. Possibly update iTunes aswell to stop these hacked games - which can now be uploaded directly to the phone as if it wre a proper game (because of the deletion of the .plist file)

    ads
    Apple isnt that.. "smart" and im still searching google
    EDM

  16. #55
    wow thats crazy
    AIM: llprricanll
    Skype: lil.easy.ecm
    EMAIL ME HERE



    Make your Own installer Repository:
    click here
    (only for MMi users).

  17. #56
    haha they need to hire some crackers to work for them but knowing the crackers thell just hack the whole apple system :P

  18. #57
    My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    510
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 58 Times in 45 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Hold the phone here (no pun intended). So your argument is that these Apps are good enough to use, but crappy enough that you feel justified in not paying for them? We're not talking about $900 pieces of software here, what they are charging on Appstore is a pittance. I've paid for every program (accept for the free ones) on Appstore and feel good with supporting the Devs so they keep coming with more stuff.
    I agree. Everyone put yourself in the developers shoes. You make these apps for a living and you are making money (or just making money on the side). Then all of a sudden you are not making any money cause no one is paying for the apps now because they are pirated. Would probably make me want to quit.


    Example: You go to work for a company that pays you commission on the work you do. Then the business slows to nearly no business at all. could you or would you stay not making any money?
    Last edited by JAG2621; 2008-07-30 at 07:06 PM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

  19. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Seemed like a better time than any to stick the OP here and remind everyone what the topic is.
    If I had to take a wild guess, I'm guessing they'll have their push system work as a checker too, so push functionality will only work with legit apps. Aside from that, there's not much they can do aside from releasing future firmwares to fix whatever break the devs find, but by then people are going to happy using the original 2.0, much like people still use 1.1.4 today.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  20. #59
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    513
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts

    Lol another topic ender:

    Stealing music, video, apps is fine.

    Just don't kill anyone lol
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

    Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

    Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

  21. #60

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •