Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So they cracked the app store games and apps.....

oh jesus how much is apple making of people. king james just got owned by his peasants lol

download away

Quote Originally Posted by bts0uth View Post
    Too bad I paid for almost all of them the first day the 3G came out lol
    Jesus Christ...

You guys get that you're stealing from individuals, right? People who've undoubtedly helped you on MMi over the last year, created JB apps you loved and never charged for them...

Sure, you're getting one over on Apple and costing them $$$ (that's probably minimal to their bottom line). But ultimately you're putting your hands directly into the pockets of devs coding free apps for us over the last year. And now that we get the chance to literally pay that community back, your response is to go full-on looter.

But screw them, right? No demos?!?!? Easy access to the stolen apps?!?!? Plus those long lines they're asking us to swallow!!! Why not just take it for free? I mean, you WANT it, so why think beyond that?

I'll happily get banned for calling all of you shortsighted, immature thieves. Stealing from legit devs will only serve to drive them away from the scene and cost us potentially amazing apps down the line. But at least you sent the message that 5 is where a dev goes from businessman to profiteer.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 2008-07-29 at 05:09 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My cousin also told me yesterday about the cracked apps and games. Well since Apple said they will push updates using the Push function, I think the Apps or Games will stop working since they might some kind of Key Check with the online server and their iTunes account. That's my opinion

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    so what is the method of getting the cracked apps on 2.0 1st gen jailbroken?
    If you mean getting 2.0 apps to run on 1.1.4, you're outta luck.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Well, it sure didn't take long for Cracked apps threads to appear in the AppStore forum...

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Well, it sure didn't take long for Cracked apps threads to appear in the AppStore forum...
    Which will be delete because MMi does not support warez or stealing of paid software.
    EDM

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Cromag anyone? ;]
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes it's stealing, but it still wouldn't stop people from doing it because they dont get caught and they are looking after themselves (at least in the short term).

Apple should just give up, all updates have been pwned and all future ones will be too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it might be "stealing" but $10 for Ms. Pac Man???? are you serious? its been out for like 30 years and should be like $1.99.

Honestly, I don't feel a bit sorry for devs who overcharge for their work. It isn't about money, its about passion. If devs only want money then guess what? they are gonna get their work cracked and released for free. I don't think many people are going to actually feel sorry for them either.

I have spent over $100 on apps from the appstore and I don't plan on wasting another dollar unless I find something I really like that is priced accordingly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

It's expensive to own any apple products. They come with a high maintenance and premium. I was just thinking the other day how my Palm treo had video built in but to make it happen on an iPhone you have to put out money for a program. *rolls eyes*

It's just a small example of many things that cost on the iphone that do not on any other phone. I mean think about it..... $59 phones come with video capability. Apple purposely withheld this from the public.

This phone is a cash cow. Where every other phone gives you everything you need right from the box, on the iphone you have to make it all happen and pay money. This is not in respect to the discussion on stealing apps, it is simply an observation that to do anything on an apple, you have to do it the hard way.

As far as the pacman game as discussed earlier, it is $2.99 to $4.99 on any other phone when you go to an app store like sprint has for instance. The iPhone commands bloated prices and overpaying for everything, but you have to accept that if you choose to play.

Thanks

I think cracking the App store is not a good idea at all. It will only piss Apple off even more and force them to make it a lot harder for those of us who like jailbreaking/unlocking and so on. Although I do agree that some of the prices for games are pretty insane, who the hell is going to pay $10 for Pacman? lol. They should at least set up a demo trial of a day or two for each game so people can try the games and know what they are paying for.

Thanks

ha..i bet the price will go down soon now..

yeah apps are over priced...

it might be "stealing"
    No "might be" or quotes around stealing - it is stealing. You are stealing. You are a thief. You are immoral. And a criminal. Period. Stealing is a fundamental law in every modern society and it's not for you to decide something's appropriate price.

"but $10 for Ms. Pac Man???? are you serious? its been out for like 30 years and should be like $1.99.

$20 for a "Star Wars" DVD??? They've been out for like 30 years and should be like $3.

$9.99 for a "Dark Side Of The Moon" album??? They've been out for like 20 years and should be like $.99.

$5 for a gallon of gas??? They've been out for like millions of years and should be like free.

Damn profiteers shouldn't have set their prices so high, huh? You taught them!!!

It isn't about money, its about passion. If devs only want money then guess what? they are gonna get their work cracked and released for free.
    No...it's about money. This became a BUSINESS for them once the App Store opened. If devs only want money, guess what? They're entitled to it!!! Because they created a product with value.

If it didn't have value, you wouldn't bother putting it in your pocket and walking out without paying.

I have spent over $100 on apps from the appstore and I don't plan on wasting another dollar unless I find something I really like that is priced accordingly.
    Really? It took you $100 to become outraged by the prices? I'm calling BS...no one is that slow to figure out they're being ripped off - you're just trying to justify your criminal and immoral behavior now.

Here's a great anti-piracy video from Kid Rock that may confuse some of you. HINT: He's not serious about stealing everything you want.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 2008-07-29 at 07:08 PM.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Crash, you can come off your pedestal now. I think everyone is aware that anything you have to find a way to get free is stealing.

Thanks

as Jobs put it a while back, it is a cat and mouse game.

How come I just wasted my time reading 3 pages of this thread with false hopes of anyone having a technical discussion about the methods used, and an actual intelligent conversation about the iphone security features and the like?

Shouldn't I have known it was going to end up like this
    Team A: Piracy is good because...
    Team B: Support the devs dirty pirates!

Now I am not even gunna tell you which stance I take, because it doesn't matter. It would be a waste of time.

Piracy is illegal and shouldn't be talked about here. If you want to do it cool but thats a waste to talk about how it should be okay. It is not allowed here. There are plenty of places to talk about it. I'll even help. Google "cracked iphone apps" and go from there. If you want to steal movies/games/apps/cars whatever thats fine, I may or may not do those things myself. Just please...don't do it here!

Unhappy Less apps for us all
    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Crash, you can come off your pedestal now.
    Pedestal? You must have meant soapbox...I don't think anyone was placing me on a pedestal! This crew seems hellbent on doing exactly what I'm NOT yelling about...I'm afraid you're wrong about "everyone" being aware it's stealing.

You'd think differently, but I'm actually not a dev...couldn't code with a gun to my head. I just value their end results and want the widest selection of apps available as possible. Anyone stealing is directly screwing that up for us all. And justifying other people's behavior is just as bad:

Quote Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
    Piracy is illegal...If you want to do it cool
    But I'm not trying to teach any more pigs to sing in this thread...waste of energy.

Last edited by jwcrash; 2008-07-29 at 07:51 PM.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Thanks

I just read this whole thread and i just wanna say for those who say stealing is stealing. Its immoral blah blah i got one question? have you guys never downloaded music, right clicked and saved a copy right photo or picked up a twenty dollar and keep it. Look i dont agree with stealing but this is how the world is now yea its sad but thats just how it is. Im not saying imma thief but downloading an app the for a phone you paid out the butt for isn't exactly the most immoral crime. I see it as a problem but come on to say someone is a bad person for not wanting to spend money for a corny lil game you'll play all but five days thats a tad bit extreme. I for one dont feel bad not one bit everyone is tryin to get a dollar from anything nowadays plus i'm sure apple knew this was gonna happen sooner or later... thats all i wanted to say

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast