Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DEEP STORES? Who are they?

Default DEEP STORES? Who are they?
    Recently, I was looking around the web, typically using Google Search and found out a great deal for an iPhone. After talking to one of their workers or as he claimed he was, I wanted to find out more about the iPhone and the company he keeps talking about. He emailed me with quite some tracking numbers. It was 5 and He told me that all the products are kept in Atlanta, GA. I asked him for a SEALED iPhone and he says all their iPhones are sealed and still packaged. At this point I'm close to being convinced. I told him I could only pay in cash and I would like to pay via C.O.D payments. He said his company doesn't allow that anymore because of past difficulties and money losses.

I still find it hard to trust him as he told me I have the option of paying via Western Union. However, Craigslist, specifically said that sellers suggesting you to pay using Western Union is a scammer. I highly take additional precautions to follow up on my purchase. I didn't purchase the iPhone yet because I'm still unsure. The reason why I post about this is because I need some advice. This guy talks professionally but I do the same as well. Lately I've been trying to find an iPhone but I can't be too careless of my money right? It seems to me I'm more of being a detective than rather a customer. I don't know but the iPhone was listed for $250 and it was 16GB. I find it a very sweet deal but I can't believe it though when he also implied that the iPhones they have were purchased directly from Apple and was already unlocked because they have requested it that way. First Generation iPhones? Unlocked to third party resellers? I don't know but it's suspicious to me. Let me know your opinions on it. I currently am still trying to trust him but It's not going so well. I don't know how I would be able to refund the product if it's fake. Let me know if you guys can help me out a bit. deepmart101 is what I'm guessing their company would be named and he provided me with a website but it has not been arranged as you can see it here.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Scammers use Western Union because once they pick up the money you can't get it back.

If it was a real business you could use a CC, then if there is a problem you could always despute the charges.

So yes, it sounds like a scam. But if it would make you feel better you can send the money to me Western Union and I can buy the phone so you don't have to take a chance.

PM me if interested.

See it's funny how you just said, once they pick up the money, you can't get it back. So then you ask if I would like you to buy it for me but that I send the money to you via Western Union? wth..

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I would stay away from them. They definitely are scammers. $250 for a 16GB iphone, so they are selling it cheaper than Apple and AT&T, and the only US authorized dealers are Apple and AT&T, so technically he's not even an authorized dealer. On top of that, there are tons of news posts stating that the supply of iphones are not meeting demands, so how is this guys selling them so cheap and still have some left? Also keep in mind, you'll never be able to buy iphones from Apple in large quantities in the US because of their trade agreement with AT&T and if you could they would be alot more money. They are only cheap if you buy them through AT&T or Apple because AT&T is subsidizing them, this company wouldnt be able to do that. So they would be taking a huge loss on every iphone they sell.

Unfortunately this is one of those "too good to be true" deals plus the fact they will most likely want you to pay by Western Union

Well the iPhones are the 1st Gen. Kinds so yeah. But I get what you mean I think.

i wouldnt send none of those guys like that money that guys a scammer they are are all real proffesional in their talk and all, i was talking to a guy about the same thing and i asked for hios address and all and it didnt even exist so id be real careful about it

Thanks

If anything, pay through PayPal, that way if something goes wrong PayPal will reverse it and go after the guy themselves. If you send through Western Union, your money is gone, and your bank won't don't squat for you.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I fit sounds to good to be true then...

If you dont have money to pay for an iPhone UNLESS you get a screaming good deal then you shouldnt take any chances with your money. If i were you I would buy a beat up iPhone with a perfect screen for cheap and keep it in a case, no one will ever know...

Thanks for the advice! I wish I could thank you all haha. The guy did talk professionally but I am a smart one at 16 years of age you know. I just re-emailed him and told him I didn't want to buy it anymore.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Dont do it !!!!!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyyx View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I wish I could thank you all haha. The guy did talk professionally but I am a smart one at 16 years of age you know. I just re-emailed him and told him I didn't want to buy it anymore.
    Smart choice, and yes you are very conscientious for a 16 yr old

12. The Following User Says Thank You to .:MirrorminD:. For This Useful Post:

mrtonyyx (2008-07-25)

The guy above me is pretty dope haha. ^^^ gonna thank him for that haha.

Thanks

if its too good to be true, then it probably is...

Thanks

Good call; I was always the same way, and it helps you out a lot.

Thanks

I dont trust any other form of payment through the web but paypal and the amazon stuff. Its either that or I pay in person..

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro