Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Site Maintenance etc

Hey guys, yeah, I'm getting back on my feet. I would like some information from you all.

Dial-up users, please get cable or DSL, thanks.

No, I'm only kidding, I would like some feedback as to the new load times, as well getting some statistics going, are you on cable/DSL/T1 or better, or are you on dial-up.
    What is the average load time, of general forums, not the individual forums, but of the /forums/ directory and the main page of wiki.

What Browser are you using and such.

This is the first time I've asked users for these statistics, yes there are software statistics on the server, but getting it straight from the horses mouth is far more accurate, not that any of you all are horses, but yeah.

Also, I hope the site loads faster for you, the second server is up, it's not completely configured yet to my liking, but it is up.

Thanks guys, also, ask the owners to give me a raise.

only kidding--sort of. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by darklordexp View Post
    Hey guys, yeah, I'm getting back on my feet. I would like some information from you all.

No, I'm only kidding, I would like some feedback as to the new load times, as well getting some statistics going, are you on cable/DSL/T1 or better, or are you on dial-up.
    What is the average load time, of general forums, not the individual forums, but of the /forums/ directory and the main page of wiki.

This is the first time I've asked users for these statistics, yes there are software statistics on the server, but getting it straight from the horses mouth is far more accurate, not that any of you all are horses, but yeah.

Also, I hope the site loads faster for you, the second server is up, it's not completely configured yet to my liking, but it is up.

For some reason on my iphone (with wifi access (the same wifi access I use in my house, that loads the site fast, on my MAC)) when I am on my house it is suuuuuuper slow...... But like I said on my Mac it fine? Reason, or some freaky Mac/iPhone thing?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darklordexp View Post

Hi Greg,

Hope all is well.

Yes, I'm on Cable using IE 7 (with "new pages loaded evertime a visit the web page" setting)

http://modmyi.com/forums --- > 2 - 3 seconds
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page --- > 2 - 3 seconds

A little lag going between pages ( Home - Wiki - Forums ) but nothing like last week.

Cheers,
    y0

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yesterday it was extremely slow, but today it is a little better. But it still is slower than it has been in the past. I'm on 8MBPS Comcast using Firefox on Mac
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Well, guys, just to keep you all updated, we are working on more then one system, honestly for the amount of load the servers are under, 2-3 second loadtime, is not bad. I am however not happy with it. It should be more like, the content comes so fast, it wants to beat your browser to death!!

That is what I want to see, and what we are working on. Things of this nature however take time, and mmi is growing so fast, time is not something we have, so we are exploring other options as well, and once we have a rock solid system up and running, we should be doing much better.

Please be patient with us, as we try to work this all out, your statistics were exactly what we needed. I would have liked more of a response, but ehh, get lemons, throw em at the neighbor when he's getting the newspaper.

Alright, you all have a good time here, I'll be working on making this thing top notch.

Thanks

FireFox on DSL Thanks for this Great site and keep up the Good Job!
    4 to 5s
    Last edited by Zwayne; 2008-01-24 at 04:20 AM.

I hope the load times decrease a lot. Please let us know if you notice any issues and if you notice improvements.

Thanks.

Thanks

Boy the performance this week & over the weekend was the pits but today, not bad at all. Good work Greg.

Just some numbers for you:

Just going to site ------> http://www.modmyi.com/forums/

Request Count: 1
    Bytes Sent: 721
    Bytes Received: 22,209

ACTUAL PERFORMANCE
    --------------
    Requests started at: 09:49:55:4481
    Responses completed at: 09:50:06:5262
    Total Sequence time: 00:00:11.0781250

RESPONSE CODES
    --------------
    HTTP/200: 1

RESPONSE BYTES (by Content-Type)
    --------------
    ~headers: 596
    text/html: 21,613

ESTIMATED WORLDWIDE PERFORMANCE
    --------------
    The following are VERY rough estimates of download times when hitting servers based in WA, USA.

US West Coast (DSL - 30KB/sec)
    ---------------
    Round trip cost: 0.10s
    Elapsed Time: 0.10s

Japan / Northern Europe (DSL)
    ---------------
    Round trip cost: 0.15s
    Elapsed Time: 0.15s

China (DSL)
    ---------------
    Round trip cost: 0.45s
    Elapsed Time: 0.45s

Why Is This Showing Up As A New Post When It Was Posted 20 Days Ago?
    HaRdWiReD

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

? Someone just posted in it today at 1PM, did you not see the timestamp on the last post?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Gitrdun!

Nice job guys.

Now stop chit-chatting and get back to work.

GenghisPhlip

Thanks

2/4/08

MMI connection is as slow as ever and pages take forever to load. MMI is also off line more then a few times a week. Nice going guys!
    Last edited by JD914; 2008-02-05 at 01:10 AM.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

PF/Cash - this site is DRAGGING. What's the deal? I actually avoid this site sometimes now... Load times are 20-60 seconds, and sometimes just time out altogether....

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

i am not having any more problems with MMi it is loading super fast on mine!
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

As an update, this site is as snappy as ever. Whatever you have done, you did it well. Thanks!

Reako

Thanks

seems way better : )...
    Last edited by jedinight; 2008-02-07 at 09:38 PM.

Seems to come and go to me - I no longer read it on my iPhone as it takes way too long.

This page is showing 0.515s first byte, 2.719s completion and 216.57 KB, 4 req, which isn't bad but the main forums page is 13.532s first byte, 15.235s completion for 103.02KB and 7 req.

I think my number of requests is low because I tweaked my FireFox to use pipelining so it is fooling the addin.

OTOH, YSlow still thinks there are too many graphical elements without an expires header at least 48 hours in the future (most have none) so it thinks a large reduction in meaningless queries is still possible.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2008-02-08 at 02:16 AM.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

yep am afraid I have tried to view MMI for a week now but I just get page expired all the time. Either on the phone , PC or Mac! real pity as it's my main site for iPhone articles please try & sort it

Is this site on a dialup connection?

It's painfully slow which is a shame b/c this site has much more info than most other iphone sites.

unfortunately they are upgrading....

what do people see in posting things that are meant to aggravate people

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast