Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple store Vs. AT&T store?

Default Apple store Vs. AT&T store?
    This may have already been covered. But I was wondering if there was any advantage to going to the Apple store or the AT&T store? like last year ok the Apple Store gave you a cool iPhone bag, and a few other items that you did not get from AT&T

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I would perfer the apple store just because they know what there doing and can answer any question you throw at them....ATT not so much.

Thanks

i say both, reasons:
    at&t because they are better with the plans, apple because they have more phones

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple defiantly has intellectual edge on the Phone itself, At&t because they have intellectual edge on the plans.

So, other than that, none really.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Apple CAN NOT activate iphone on corporate accounts so if you have one they wont sell you an iPhone. This makes Apple Suck and worthless.

AT&T haz no iPhones in stock. They have no idea if/when they will get the iPhone. All stock is controlled by Apple. This makes AT&T suck thanks to Apple being worthless.

:P

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

HaHa.
    Cash.

Very true though.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

AT&T store - no stock today. Apple store got a couple hundred phones in at 11am... I vote Apple.

Thanks

From my experience with the gen 1 iPhone, I bought mine at Apple. Great experience. Walked in and 5 min. later walked out with my iPhone. Several months later, my 18 year old son bought an iPhone. Knowing I was well into the modding thing at this point asked my opinion. At the time the 1.1.3 firmware had just been released and the that whole jaoibreak mess was still going on. A compatible summerboard had not yet been released either. My son was mostly interested in custom wallpaper, icons etc... so I advised him to see if he could still get an iPhone with 1.1.2 firmware. The Apple store was clearly only selling 1.1.3 phones by then and one of their people said I might find a 1.1.2 at an ATT store. Of the two ATT stores in our area, one was out of stock and the other said they had phones. I ended up going with my son since he's on our family plan and at that time did not have a credit card. We go into the store and are told, sure they have iPhones. The guy goes back and brings out a box. I promptly look at teh serial on teh side and determine its a 1.1.3 phone. I asked the guy if he had any phones with the 1.1.2 firmware and he acted like I sprouted a second head. Asked me why in the world would we want an older phone. I make up some BS about the firmware being more stable and asked again. He got all pissy and said he couldt go back and read serial numbers on all the boxes. At this point I was ready to walk out just cause the guy was a moron, but my son really wanted the phone and told me lets just get it he was sure that there would be "fixes" for the "stability issues" soon (wink wink). Its his money so fine. We got the phone.

My point is that that dumb ATT guy didnt even seem to really know what I was we talking about with the different firmwares and serial numbers etc... If and when I decide to upgrade to a 3G, it will be at an Apple store.

cool thanks everyone

Thanks

Apple, Because every single Cell Phone store is stupid
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

apple... still get a cool bag

I read the newspaper and apple is restocking its apple store before they hand some over to att.