Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Time To Leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    I agree with Napoleon_PhoneApart's sentiments. Its amazing to see so many smart-*** "experts" that are quick to jump on anyone that asks for help or posts something that is already known. Was everyone here born an iPhone expert? I don't think so. Try to remember that we were all "noobs" at one point in time and treating other new iPhone owners like garbage won't help the site grow, nor will it gain you any more respect. I'm glad to see the Mods and Admins step in, and I look forward to seeing some positive changes. Frankly, the small percentage of members that have decided to treat everyone like garbage are really offering nothing to this site and it wouldn't break my heart to see them go away. If that statement causes you to flame me, then I've proven my point even more.
    Sorry and apologize if I came across as a hard butt 'smart *** expert'. Hardly the case at all. Nor am I one to jump on and type 'go search'. Genuine and useful posts/replies/questions/answers are what helps the MMI be what it is and continue to grow.

My rant is more towards the poster that refuses to 'help themselves', and contains the whole negative 'you suck, i don't, and 'you owe me' attitude/mentality. This is what makes good forum members disappear. Big difference, at least on how it comes across, IMHO.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-07-16 at 12:52 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hartphoto For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AotW View Post
    Sad thing to see when ppl are leaving this site, anyway- all the best for you man!
    I'm not leaving -- I'm just gonna be visiting a little less for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    It's just how it is, ppl get excited and out of hand, It shouldn't be taken personally.

With that being said I will start cracking down on ppl getting out of hand and am asking the staff to partake in the same course of action.
    Don't get me wrong -- no one has been that uncivil to me - I've just noticed an increase in rudeness in general for the last few days. I guess a lot of kids just got their new iPhones...

Quote Originally Posted by hartphoto View Post
    2nd this. Long time lurker (and iPhone owner/modder since 1.0.2), but only recently joined so I could post .

The problem with all the iPhone sites lately seem to be the new iPhone users. It's the NooB asinine questions (showing their ignorance and impatience of even being able to read or use a search tool). Then there's the blatant demand threads/posts we all love (i.e. release of the new 2.0 pwn tools). Of course we can't forget the Apple haters that just troll around looking for a thread to jump into needlessly while increasing their post count, thereby giving themselves a sense of false self worth.

And when these poor souls finally buy an iPhone, they sit in front of their computer screen, and somehow think it's their 'right' to know and/or do anything they want to it, without taking an iota of responsibility if they mess it up. Oh, and it's all supposed to be freeware cause that's how they 'roll'. And if there's one little niggle of a thing it doesn't do for them (i.e. cut n paste), then Apple sux and should be considered traitors to their customers and the world.

Wake up. Go back to your PSP/GB/XBOX/Wii and/or whatever drug you're on.

There's a reason Apple just sold ~1m iPhones in a 3 day time span.....go figure that one out for yourself.
    Well put - I've often referred to the internet as the CB radio of the 21st century...
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 2008-07-15 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I haven't seen your posts so I don't know if you are worth anything to the community or not, but if you are....... stay. I will say however that if no one has wronged you as you said then you have no reason to be complaining.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    i remember doing the command line hacks for 1.1.1 and everyone waiting for the GUI to come out with iDemocracy =]
    those were the days.... haha =]
    I also remember the hours spent jailbreaking my iPhone...

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I haven't seen your posts so I don't know if you are worth anything to the community or not, but if you are....... stay. I will say however that if no one has wronged you as you said then you have no reason to be complaining.
    Really?
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 2008-07-15 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

I suggest if you leave because of that facebook prank, take it this way. it was just a prank. for those of you that felt insulted, please don't misunderstand and try reading other people's comments about it! you don't truly know if they're trying to insult you or discourage you in anyway. I, for one, just want this community to kind to relax and befriend one another. Even though we might be far apart from each other, it doesn't mean we have feelings as well. This forum community is great and I'd appreciate it if everyone just relax a bit and humor could come once in a while but let's all try to not insult each other as we have young people in this forum community. We all need a little respect right? Let's get that to our heads then.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrtonyyx For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrtonyyx View Post
    I suggest if you leave because of that facebook prank, take it this way. it was just a prank. for those of you that felt insulted, please don't misunderstand and try reading other people's comments about it! you don't truly know if they're trying to insult you or discourage you in anyway. I, for one, just want this community to kind to relax and befriend one another. Even though we might be far apart from each other, it doesn't mean we have feelings as well. This forum community is great and I'd appreciate it if everyone just relax a bit and humor could come once in a while but let's all try to not insult each other as we have young people in this forum community. We all need a little respect right? Let's get that to our heads then.
    The Facebook prank was great! Like I said before, no one has been particular rude to me, but I see a general downturn in civility that started around the release of the iPhone 3G.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    I agree with Napoleon_PhoneApart's sentiments. Its amazing to see so many smart-azz "experts" that are quick to jump on anyone that asks for help or posts something that is already known. Was everyone here born an iPhone expert? I don't think so. Try to remember that we were all "noobs" at one point in time and treating other new iPhone owners like garbage won't help the site grow, nor will it gain you any more respect. I'm glad to see the Mods and Admins step in, and I look forward to seeing some positive changes. Frankly, the small percentage of members that have decided to treat everyone like garbage are really offering nothing to this site and it wouldn't break my heart to see them go away. If that statement causes you to flame me, then I've proven my point even more.
    Kruejl's statement is on the mark.
    I have been on line, before there was an Internet with a state of the art 300 baud modem. This was probably before some of you were born.
    In the beginning there was BBS's. Now we have web sites.

Ups and downs are part of the information world.

Whether a BBS or web site, there is a group of dedicated people making it run.

Cash and poetic_folly have created one of the best sites for the iPhone, in addition to other phones.

Instead of complaining about the lack of information, and other nonsense, forum members should do what they can to contribute to the site.
    No iPhones..HTC and Motorola
    1 HTC Touch HD
    2 HTC Touch Pro2's, 1 HTC HD2

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tkalli For This Useful Post:

dale1v (2008-07-16), mgregor (2008-07-16), pokekid (2008-07-16)

It seems some people pick up the 'swarm' mentality when there's hype (the release of a new generation of phone/anticipation of a new tool to exploit its capabilities); once someone gets angry, other people get angry just to be angry. It just seems to be a phase so, as said before, wait it out.

Sometimes people's ignorance for and dependence on certain items astounds me, and then they'll do anything to get it except for doing it themselves

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (2008-07-16), dale1v (2008-07-16), mgregor (2008-07-16)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckel View Post
    It seems some people pick up the 'swarm' mentality when there's hype (the release of a new generation of phone/anticipation of a new tool to exploit its capabilities); once someone gets angry, other people get angry just to be angry. It just seems to be a phase so, as said before, wait it out.

Sometimes people's ignorance for and dependence on certain items astounds me, and then they'll do anything to get it except for doing it themselves
    100% on the swarms

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

no me gusta personas de negativo =[

lets all keep it nice and clean on these here boards! =]

PS: you know on yahoo those guys from brazil are gonna charge over 200 to unlock the 3g iphone. what a bunch of greedy doo doo heads =[
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

20. The Following User Says Thank You to pokekid For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

thats seriously uncalled for mgregor. no wonder why people leave
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pokekid For This Useful Post:

dale1v (2008-07-16), mgregor (2008-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    ...removed...
    -__- You've been warned.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-07-16 at 12:58 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    -__- You've been warned.
    I honestly didn't think anyone would throw out another insult or cat call after all the mods started replying... >.>

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitsune For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

Thanks

One more insult people....

28. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    One more insult people....
    Erp. Hope that wasn't directed at me. Mine wasn't intended to be.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitsune For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

Thanks

Hate to see you go M8! I have learned so much from this site!! Thamks MMi!!!
    Last edited by Zwayne; 2008-07-16 at 12:54 AM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tkalli View Post
    Kruejl's statement is on the mark.
    I have been on line, before there was an Internet with a state of the art 300 baud modem. This was probably before some of you were born.
    In the beginning there was BBS's. Now we have web sites.

Ups and downs are part of the information world.

Whether a BBS or web site, there is a group of dedicated people making it run.

Cash and poetic_folly have created one of the best sites for the iPhone, in addition to other phones.

Instead of complaining about the lack of information, and other nonsense, forum members should do what they can to contribute to the site.
    Gawd -- I remember when my brother had a 300 baud modem. Now those were exciting times!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Gawd -- I remember when my brother had a 300 baud modem. Now those were exciting times!
    As far back as I can remember is an 8000 baud. I didn't know how far back they really went.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitsune For This Useful Post:

mgregor (2008-07-16)

Read the MMi Terms of Service.
    -DoerrFan
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 2008-07-16 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgregor View Post
    Uh Oh, I've been punished. I'm going to give you a thank you vote. There goes the 1st Amendment, right in front of my eyes.
    Apologize in advance for bringing this up......

Did you agree to the MMI TOS when you signed up?? And you did, otherwise you can't post....

Then you probably want to re-read the 'READ THIS' link on every page. This, and the initial registration agreement/TOS, in effect, limits your right (in the eyes of the MMI owners) for the ability to say/post anything you want. They put up the $$$$ for hosting and managing this site, and can control the content anyway they want. It's their playground.

If you don't agree with/to the MMI TOS, then you CAN exercise your 1st amendment rights on any site/forum that YOU put up and manage (of course, you'll also have to abide by your ISP's and hosting company's TOS), and that's another whole ball of 1st Amendment rights stuff to worry about.

Not trying to start any type of flame war here......but claiming that this site is hurting your 1st Amendment rights is really out on a limb.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hartphoto For This Useful Post:

.:MirrorminD:. (2008-07-16), dale1v (2008-07-16), DoerrFan (2008-07-20), mgregor (2008-07-16), Napoleon_PhoneApart (2008-07-24)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast