View Poll Results: How many time have you restored your Iphone?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • not once

11 18.64%
  • once

11 18.64%
  • twice

5 8.47%
  • three times

7 11.86%
  • four times

2 3.39%
  • five times

3 5.08%
  • six times

2 3.39%
  • seven times

0 0%
  • eight times

0 0%
  • nine times

0 0%
  • ten times

0 0%
  • more than 10 times

18 30.51%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How many times have you restored?

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How many times have you restored?
    I like the iphone and everything, but I've restored the thing 3 times, and each time I get new bugs and error:S,......I mean, my old L7 had only 3 firmware changes, and I've had that thing for more than I year.
    Anyway, I just think that its to much restoring......thats why im asking....
    Please, vote and post your opinion, dont just vote and walk away

Ive only restored it once. I have AT&T, and got it with 1.0.2 after the price drop, install AppTapp, then after 1.1.2 came out, I restored and used jailbreakme.com because I was too much of a wuss to upgrade and jailbreak without something doing it for me.

Heh, looking at the poll, there a quite a few people who don't understand how to use their phone and restore whenever any problems come up.

I've semi bricked mine about 3-4 times, and also tried too many file mods and hacks that resulted in way too many bugs.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Thanks

Heh, looking at the poll, there a quite a few people who don't understand how to use their phone and restore whenever any problems come up.
    I know....more than ten times.....and to restore all settings, and files, and sync again...
    now they'll always have work to do...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i restored once when my phone wouldn't boot up anymore, it was stuck on the apple logo, now I'm unlocked on 1.1.2, week 38

Thanks

well, at least you're not week 47

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luistohe123 View Post
    well, at least you're not week 47
    Sorry about that, I can't believe its taking the dev. team this long to unlocked the phone. I know when they do, they will make a whole lot of people happy!

once to upgrade to 1.0.1,
    once to upgrade to 1.0.2.

=D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dooley19 View Post
    Sorry about that, I can't believe its taking the dev. team this long to unlocked the phone. I know when they do, they will make a whole lot of people happy!
    Yup its coming with that new firmware, so once thats released in a week or two. We can celebrate.

Oh and yeah restored i believe, two times, 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and back in the day 1.0.1 when i messed something up.

never had to restore 1.1.1 jailbroken on AT&T

Thanks

I have only Restored when required by an upgrade. There is usually *always* a way to repair your screw-ups without having to restore, it just takes a little elbow grease. Restoring should always be a last resort. Far too many people here recommend it as the first thing to do.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Once and it was on the first day I started modding my iPhone. Actually my friend caused it and to this date I have no idea how he managed to, 'cause since I learned how to do mod everything myself, I've had no trouble. Thanks Erik.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Thanks

I've got a week 34 I bought off someone.
    I've restored approx 14 times back and forth and now am over it.
    Bought a 1.1.2 otb so will wait for the unlock... the other one can sit and gather dust for all I care.. stupid iphones :-(
    Unable to restore signature. Error (1015)

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

well I have only restored twice and the first time was to jailbreak my otb 1.1.2 iphone and the second time, I had restored it due to the fact that way to many apps were crashing and some not even launching. I have jeen fine ever since

I only had to restore once to downgrade and jailbreak the phone from 1.1.2

I havent had to restore often, only when I got my 2 x new 1.1.2 phones with BL4.6 (the old downgrade to 1.1.1, then update to 1.1.2 to jailbreak).

However, a friend of mine has to do it more often as he seems to have a very twitchy iphone. occasionally (every month so far) it somehow hangs, then locks the slide bar (to unlock) on the start screen, and then he has to restore to 1.0 firmware to get it working again (then back to 1.1.2, 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and jailbreak and unlock) He's had this problem ever since 1.1.1 firmware came out, and not sure why it happens. I have pretty much the same software installed as him, but my 2 phones run beautifully and without fault for over 6 weeks.

I have a question, please give me input...

Iphone was normal, next day all of my itunes music was gone. I plugged it into my laptop to put all songs again and it virtually made me restore my phone. It restored it to december 12. I lost phone numbers that I had put in after 12.12.07 and pics also.

now when i looked at the memory, i have music 1.8gb, pics 89mb, and other 1.8gb. It's doubling up my memory? why? any help appreciated