Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need a new notebook

KelvinalF
    Default need a new notebook
    My luck has brought me great pleasure in a gateway mt6451 with a power port problem so I'm probably going to need to by a new notebook:[. I'm thinking macbook it costs alot for a 16 year old (without a job and cheap parents), it's around $1,677.64 should I start saving?

Absolutely! you will be VERY glad you did!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

KelvinalF
    really? I've played with my sisters and it's alright but doesn't have leopard on it yet.

If my maths correct if everyone here donates 0.0063442 cents I'll be able to buy it lol
    Last edited by KelvinalF; 2008-07-14 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Apple without Leo = black and white caveman days.

Macbooks start at about $1000 new from apple, no need to buy the absolute monster as any MacBook is a good one. I have purchased two over the last few years and I ended up keeping the 1st gen 1.83 MacBook and selling the 2.2!

The 1.83 is EXTREMELY quiet, anyone will confirm. The newer one's are very noisy in comparison with the fans always trying to keep them cool. That's another thing..... they run hotter..... your lap can tell the difference!

Price of a newer one used is still around $1000.00, but you can get in a used 1.83 in nice shape for $550-650-ish.

Like I say, I actually sold the 2.2 and kept the 1.83 due to there not being a substantial performance difference, and the 1.83 being not only cheaper to own, but more user friendly with it's low heat and quiet operation. All these "little things" they nitpicked and changed don't add up to much improvement in the overall scheme of things. It's like going from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

KelvinalF
    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Apple without Leo = black and white caveman days.

Macbooks start at about $1000 new from apple, no need to buy the absolute monster as any MacBook is a good one. I have purchased two over the last few years and I ended up keeping the 1st gen 1.83 MacBook and selling the 2.2!

The 1.83 is EXTREMELY quiet, anyone will confirm. The newer one's are very noisy in comparison with the fans always trying to keep them cool. That's another thing..... they run hotter..... your lap can tell the difference!

Price of a newer one used is still around $1000.00, but you can get in a used 1.83 in nice shape for $550-650-ish.

Like I say, I actually sold the 2.2 and kept the 1.83 due to there not being a substantial performance difference, and the 1.83 being not only cheaper to own, but more user friendly with it's low heat and quiet operation. All these "little things" they nitpicked and changed don't add up to much improvement in the overall scheme of things. It's like going from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4
    that's actually great info I'm looking into this thanks!

Ilove my macbook, you can get your parents to do payments on it, I got mine from macmall.com with a free printer and parallels software for right around 1500, the black one which is the best out the 13" macbooks

Thanks

get the middle class macbook

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Definitely save up for the macbook.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

does anyone know when the new LED backlit Macbooks are coming out?

as far as i know they already are, I think mine is LED backlit

KelvinalF
    thanks for all the info guys now its time to search and save:/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by preston03 View Post
    as far as i know they already are, I think mine is LED backlit
    no. apple hasnt done that with the macbooks. I know they did it with the MBA and the MBP

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro