Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tired of the iPhone, whats next?

Default tired of the iPhone, whats next?
    ....what to get, there isn't anything compare to the iPhone, unless u know of something let me kn...
    -iP3G RebelSIM -Tmo
    -iFone 2nd Gen - 2.0 - Tmo
    -iMac 24" running WinXP Pro
    -Black Berry Pearl
    -HTC Tilt unlocked WM6.1

Yeah exactly iphone is the best. But what do you mean by tired of the iphone?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

People get tired of the almighty iphone.

No MMS capabilities, no "real" software to speak of. And when I say that, I don't mean any disrespect to the software developers who have put out all this 3rd party software for the iphone. By "real" software, I mean applications we can actually use for productivity. No native video application, crappy camera, crippled bluetooth, and the list can go on and on.

This is why I've gone to a Nokia E90 Communicator.
    Search NAZI

YEAH THATS what 1 in a billion say ^^

Thanks

i luv my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post

No MMS capabilities, no "real" software to speak of. And when I say that, I don't mean any disrespect to the software developers who have put out all this 3rd party software for the iphone. By "real" software, I mean applications we can actually use for productivity. No native video application, crappy camera, crippled bluetooth, and the list can go on and on.

LOL! You are so right, but i still love the iphone, i keep think to myself there are dozen of phone that is so much better than iphone and yet i still fall for the iphone. What i disagree is, there are some great software out there and every few day there will alway be something new. The only phone i am buying next is the next gen iphone.LOL
    Last edited by freakernoid; 2007-12-24 at 01:36 PM.

I agree. I am getting bored as well. Apple hasn't given us anything new. If it weren't for the 3rd party developers, the phone would have been shelved a loooooonnnnngggg time ago. APPLE!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post

Bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by stadler View Post
    I agree. I am getting bored as well. Apple hasn't given us anything new. If it weren't for the 3rd party developers, the phone would have been shelved a loooooonnnnngggg time ago. APPLE!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!
    The phone has been out for less than 6 months, what the hell do you people want? Let's not forget that the primary function of this device is as a phone and ipod, and it does both quite well.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-12-24 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

DoerrFan (2007-12-25)

Thanks

It's pretty much an ipod and browser, the phone part is really just an add-on.

Priority for me is to have a good music player and a decent browser. Integration with itunes is the reason i buy Apple.
    And if it can make calls and send sms then that's pretty good, and i can ditch carrying 2 devices.
    To live, you have to lie

Forums speak for themselves as far as what we want. Get a grip. I am one of the Early adopters. I stood in line for 8 hrs for this thing. I bet you just got yours.....NEWB. I have used apple products for over 15 years. I too once thought they were GOD. You'll soon come to realize, that once Apple has you, they don't care about you. They are more interested in getting the Windoze users to switch.
    Last edited by stadler; 2007-12-24 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Addition

Thanks

Forums speak for themselves as far as what we want. Get a grip. I am one of the Early adopters. I stood in line for 8 hrs for this thing. I bet you just got yours.....NEWB. I have used apple products for over 15 years. I too once thought they were GOD. You'll soon come to realize, that once Apple has you, they don't care about you. They are more interested in getting the Windoze users to switch.
    If those little quips were referring to me, I've actually had my iPhone since early August thanks and I've been using Apple computers since the early 80's, so whose the real NEWB. And if you're bored of your iPhone, move on to something else and stop your whining.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

So it took you 15 years and how many Apple purchases to work that out?
    To live, you have to lie

Iphone ownnz!!

+1 for the iPhone! Apple is releasing a freakin' SDK in February, what more does anyone that thinks it is now 'boring' expect? I think that quite honestly any apps that work now are awesome, and the devs are amazing. So tell me the iPhone is boring 1 month after the SDK is released. There will be so many games/apps that it will be nuts!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

I agree I have looked at other phones recently but nothing can touch the iphone for what I use it for!!!

I'll wait for he 2nd gen

We have programs for MMS and SMS forwarding now we just need some darn Bluetooth hacks

There are a couple of things missing... but I haven't found anything that I would swap my iphone for.

Thanks

Sure some things are missing, but its still an iPhone, and for what it does it does it exceptionally well and i wouldn't trade it for any other phone, except maybe gen 2 iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Perspective
    Well, I must agree here, my iPhone hasn't arrived yet (waiting 3 weeks, had trouble etc) but I'm sick of the damn thing too.

Now, as an Engineer in both the Electronic and Software fields, and a huge, huge fan, like, since birth, of electronic gadgets I must say, this iPhone is nothing more that a piece of jewellery.

The day I first had one walking around the odd girl would whisper to her friend, wow look, it's an iPhone... bla bla.

As a phone, or electronic gadget it's useless.

I have Nokia's N70, N91, N95, E61, several Sony Ericssons, Motorolas etc, and I must quite honestly say, any one of these can do almost everything the iPhone can do better. Even ones a couple of years old.

Now putting the Apple fan boys aside, and those who are too drawn in by the fancy colours, who really thinks there is really anything, other than the touch screen that is at all innovative here.

My N95 8GB alone does everything the iPhone can do and uncrippled, along with some apps one literally couldn't want more from a phone it beats it in every way, simplicity, functionality, quality (camera, sound, general useability) and yet it cost a fraction of the price the iPhone cost. None of the contract crap, dodgy unlocking, 3rd party apps just so you can send a damned text message to 3 friends to tell em to be ready in 5 minutes, which i quite easily did last night with my N95 no more difficult than writing a text to a single person.

I have never been an apple fan, and this is exactly why i hated them from the start, they sell utter crap on hype. Why did I buy one? Because I was curious, I had the money and thought heck, give the guys a chance, how bad can it be....

...oh how wrong I was.

So there it is, to the OP, if you can handle a real phone without the bells and whistles just all the professional functionality you need along with great multimedia capabilities and all the functionality you may or may not need,go for a Nokia N series.

Thanks

Used my friends N95 the other day. Kinda made me feel like I just installed Windows 95 all over again.

I don't think you really believe that Apple sell 'utter crap' on hype. And I don't believe you think the iphone is 'useless' You're pretty much just an anti-fanboy, on the same level as the real fanboys.

But hey, you hated them 'from the start'. Whatever that means.
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Hmm
    Well, what's the problem? Not enough eye candy? The latest N95 8GB with latest software update (which is also available for the standard N95) is perfectly fast, looks just fine and yet does everything you could need. If it's not the eye candy, and not the speed, what exactly reminds you of Windows 95?

If I'm an anti-fanboy, who do I supposedly support? I support whoever gives me the most practical or functional device for my money. Something that does everything I want. In terms of phones, my N95 does exactly all of that right out of the box without trying to cripple my deice in ways that required me to give them more of my hard earned cash to be able to do something I should have been able to from the start.

In terms of my definition of "from the start" I will say that the start, for me, at my age was round about the time of the 1st Gen iPod. Because before that I had hardly heard of apple and hardly given a damn if they existed or not.

I saw the iPod, sold then, and still now on hype. Plagued with problems from the start, crippled into DRM and useless hardware problems (Batteries?), now crippled into 1st party accessories in cases by encryption chips. Further crippled by apples inability to follow the norm, (user replaceable batteries anyone?), or a damn headphone jack that I can fit any one of dozens of pairs of headphones all of which millenniums ahead of any apple headphones I have yet tested in terms of quality.

iTunes, just like Sony's Sonic Stage puts me off any apple music device, just as Sonic Stage has with Sony devices because of the need to use utterly useless pieces of sotware that I don't want.

I'm not for a second saying apple is the only compy that does this, but in every instance that I have found of something I didn't like in an apple product it has been not by mistake, or lack of experience or sheer inability but on complete purpose for the sake of making your life harder so that the only direction to turn when in need of aid (read: accessories/etc) is to apple, giving them yet more of your hard earned cash, what stuff that surely, can't be any where close to as good as the things you get from dedicated manufacturers.

I'm not a fan of anyone in particular, and I don't hate anyone without good reason, but when a company goes out of their way to make your life difficult as a consumer, you have to be utterly blind to think what's going on is all good.

If you want to discuss this with me further, maybe even enlighten me feel free to PM me, but lets continue this no further here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast