Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tired of the iPhone, whats next?

Thanks

With all due respect, how exactly did this with thread go off on a tangent from iPhone to winning the lottery and being arrogant? let's not turn it into a full scale flame war now.

Thanks

On the contrary, asking such a question opened the door to peoples opinions. And when peoples opinions collide, this is always the result. Some people dis the iPhone (not sure why they're here then) and some people admire it. But you're right, this argument has run its course.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

rodinman

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rodinman For This Useful Post:

p*ssed_off_all_the_time (2008-01-02)

Thanks

Guess that makes you retarded.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
    Well, revolutionary is currently in development technology I'm not even allowed to speak of. And trust me, the iPhone hardly caused waves on the scene when it's development was announced.

Trust me, revolutionary is in the works, I'v seen it I'v spoken to world class scientists and engineers about it, and when it's here, you'll know it.

Like has been said, iPhone is a nicely packaged collection of old technology.

But then, to be quite honest, from my perspective, there is nothing at all amazing about the current generation of mobile phones over the last. But the next stage in mobile phone/multimedia device/portable computer evolution will be. And this takes a whole new approach to the idea.

I'm sure a quick Google search should give you some info on what is publicly available at present.

Give it a few years, some current advances in technology that may possibly just be in large scale production pretty soon are beyond belief.
    There's so much stuff like this floating around on Engadget and Digg and other tech sites. Like how they can store 100GB of info on a pinhead. The stories appear, then everything goes quiet. This amazing technology you (don't) talk of is always 'in the works'

The next advancement in mobile phones will not be much different than what we have now. Which will more than likely be a combination of N95 functions and iphone UI.

I'm not even sure a 'whole new approach' to mobile devices is even possible.

Could you post a link that will enlighten us? I'm sure that won't land you in trouble with the CIA
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

True honest to goodness voice recognition would be a good next step.

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

that is sooooo true !!!

thanks to all who made thee iphone fun!!!!!!!!!!
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    True honest to goodness voice recognition would be a good next step.
    Agreed.

And BTW, Best Thread Ever.
    Apples taste good.

rodinman
    Voice recognition would be a very cool feature to have. I wonder if there could be an app made to serve that purpose? Devs? Any ideas?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rodinman For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Wow, so why are you slumming it around us lower forms? When its here we'll know it... That's a good line. Seems you know all about it, so tell us, show us. Otherwise...
    What, so one automatically has to be an arrogant twat like some other people here to hang around in such places when they know far more interesting people with a much greater intellect?

No, I won't lower myself to that level. And if you really want to know what exactly is going on in technology give me a subject, I'll be happy to point you in the right direction. In this context, I suppose Polymer Vision is a good place to start, a Philips spinoff company. Sure the technology isn't too impressive at the moment but the fact that what they are doing is possible, and the applications that it simply implies are amazing.

I don't want to argue here, if you are seriously interested feel free to contact me, I'll give you what I know, or at least what I'm able to tell/show.

Dude revolution is every where. Each step up in technology is a revolution.

Even this was a revolution in technology buddy:

Last edited by yowiphone; 2007-12-29 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't want to argue here, if you are seriously interested feel free to contact me, I'll give you what I know, or at least what I'm able to tell/show.
    Much greater intellect. Well thank you for that not so subtle insult to everyone in this forum.

Let's take a quote from your own text "But the next stage in mobile phone/multimedia device/portable computer evolution will be."

So tell us, what is it? What have your intellectually superior friends told you?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

rodinman
    What, so one automatically has to be an arrogant twat like some other people here to hang around in such places when they know far more interesting people with a much greater intellect?

No, I won't lower myself to that level. And if you really want to know what exactly is going on in technology give me a subject, I'll be happy to point you in the right direction. In this context, I suppose Polymer Vision is a good place to start, a Philips spinoff company. Sure the technology isn't too impressive at the moment but the fact that what they are doing is possible, and the applications that it simply implies are amazing.

I consider myself smarter than just about everyone I meet, however, I must ask you one question:
    What the hell are you talking about?

Another feature I would like to see is one that I can imagine every male would like to have. A gay detector. That way a guy knows who to stay away from in a packed club. It could also work in reverse and point out the man hatin women (Ellen types) so that you do not waste your time hittin on them only to get shot down with a gay bullet. Devs? Any ideas?
    Last edited by rodinman; 2007-12-29 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to rodinman For This Useful Post:

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rodinman View Post
    ...Another feature I would like to see is one that I can imagine every male would like to have. A gay detector. That way a guy knows who to stay away from in a packed club. It could also work in reverse and point out the man hatin women (Ellen types) so that you do not waste your time hittin on them only to get shot down with a gay bullet. Devs? Any ideas?
    that's been done...

Lmao!!

rodinman
    I stand corrected.. LMAO

Now, what other witty banter can we post in this thread?

I'm bored and could use a laugh right about now. Where is that funny mod that was posting in this thread earlier? I like his sense of humor. I suspect he does not find mine as funny as I do his. Such is life in the big city. Ehh? lmao

Yes that was a slam on the Canadians. Can you say bacon? Ehh?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rodinman For This Useful Post:

SOme people... ...

rodinman
    It has been a fun day. I am off to bed.
    I'll be here all week, drive safe and don't forget to tip your waitress.

Thank you and good night....

26. The Following User Says Thank You to rodinman For This Useful Post:

Good night to you^^

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234