Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: tired of the iPhone, whats next?

  1. #41
    LG Viewty maybe? Anyone heard of it.

  2. #42
    Iphone is amazing better than any current phone
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

  3. #43
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    Wow never saw this thread. Yeah the iPhone technology-wise is kind of rubbish now, if you don't mod it, its pretty boring lol, we all know it. And the lack of bluetooth just pisses me off to no ends now- a phone made in 2007 WITHOUT BLUETOOTH?!?!?!?! What the hell's that about? And no video recording? Yeah my past 4 phones before iPhone all recorded video thanks. A 2MP camera? If you had bumped it up just ONE megapixel, it would be acceptable. IMO don't slap the word revolutionary on the front of you don't have the basics, Apple. And what gets me angry now is no Flash player on the phone. Ermmm... Jobs, its not a revolutionary Internet device, if you have no flash player.

    Quote Originally Posted by BEEKS View Post
    LG Viewty maybe? Anyone heard of it.
    i have heard of it and used it- kind of crap lol, sorry.

    And another thing: I'm sick of being laughed at by my friends when I have to admit to them that my phone has a 2mp camera, no bluetooth and s*** slow internet. Lol


    MEGAEDIT: let me rephrase the second sentence: the iPhone technology is good, but its good features are starting to be outweighed by the lack of the more common, bigger features, I just read what i said, what was I thinking?!
    Last edited by dale1v; 2007-12-27 at 06:10 PM.

  4. #44
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    No, the iPhone technology is not revolutionary. It's old. Hell, by most standards it's antiquated. It's just packaged up real neat and tidy, and it has an apple on it. Most ignorant people will jump up and down and scream it's a bloody revolution in technology.
    You have some pretty serious anger issues, maybe you should see someone about that. Yes, multi touch screen was developed long ago, however iPhone was the first to introduce it in a wireless device. 3G, WCDMA, HSDPA, none of it was available at the time the iPhone was developed. Blame your American wireless carriers for being antiquated, not the iphone. Congrats on having 64MB on your CF card, but this is a phone, not a camera.

    You are 98% water, and about $17 worth of various chemicals; not much to speak of. But put them all together in the right fashion and here you are, a unique individual. The iphone is revolutionary, as the number of rip-offs and knock-offs clearly indicate. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery in the electronics world.

    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Wow never saw this thread. Yeah the iPhone technology-wise is kind of rubbish now, if you don't mod it, its pretty boring lol, we all know it.
    There's an old saying that people who are bored, are boring people. I have to stand in awe of you people who have so much extra cash flow that you buy a top end device, get bored of it in a few short months, and move on to the next big thing. I have friends who have had the same cell phone for years and are still quite happy with them. You want to call the iPhone boring? Go ahead, but the problem lies with your own childish impatience, not the device.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-12-27 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  5. #45
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,141
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Why are Nokia and LG only getting around to releasing touch phones now? When they could have done it 10 years ago. Nokia users were happy enough buying the same phones year after year

    Iphone has the best mp3 player in the world, the best mobile browser, the best music store, the best mobile mail app. It's a leisure device, not a corporate one.

    Get a Nokia and you have average everything.
    To live, you have to lie

  6. #46
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    Eurisko, I assume you've jailbroken your phone. WHY did you jailbreak your phone Eurisko? WHAT did you want to do? I had my last phone for a year and a half and had no phone for three months, so no, I'm not impatient. Saving up for more than a month to get this phone at a reduced price says that don't have large cashflow, if I had cashflow I would have paid the full contract for the UK iPhone.

    "It's a leisure device, not a corporate one."

    It's Apple's objective (or any company's objective for that matter) to gain as much profit as possible in any way which is why they diverted into the mobile phone market to expand their base and increase revenue, so I don't agree with you there redcard. sorry

  7. #47
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Eurisko, I assume you've jailbroken your phone. WHY did you jailbreak your phone Eurisko? WHAT did you want to do? I had my last phone for a year and a half and had no phone for three months, so no, I'm not impatient. Saving up for more than a month to get this phone at a reduced price says that don't have large cashflow, if I had cashflow I would have paid the full contract for the UK iPhone.
    I jailbroke my phone so I could unlock it for use in Canada, not because I was "bored" with what it provided me. You seemed to have missed the point as well. Regardless of how long you had to save up; do you buy cellphones, get bored of them in a couple of months, chuck them and save up for another one? That is the implication being made by these people, because the iPhone doesn't do anything for them anymore.

    The iPhone has been out for all of 6 months, and has surpassed everyone's expectations, both in features and sales, no rational person can deny that.

    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    It's Apple's objective (or any company's objective for that matter) to gain as much profit as possible in any way which is why they diverted into the mobile phone market to expand their base and increase revenue, so I don't agree with you there redcard. sorry
    Another missed point. Your statement, although valid, has nothing to do with redcard's statement. This phone was made for the end user, not to be used as a corporate device such as the Blackberry or Motorola Q.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-12-27 at 06:15 PM.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

    dale1v (2007-12-27)

  9. #48
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    Ohhhhhhh i get it. dammit, you're too smart, I understand the latter. But for the first bit, I don't throw away phones and save up again,lol. I'm investing in a car instead. But no seriously, I don't do that.

  10. #49
    rodinman
    Guest
    I have enough spendable income that I can buy the latest fad if I grow bored of it I can pitch it aside and get the next fad and play with it. That being said, does that mak eme a bad person because I work hard for my money and spend it as I see fit? I like the iPhone, hell, I may keep it. I even went as far as to sign up for service. Then again, I do have Sprint, US Cellular and T-Mobile as well..lol I am sure the mod that stated he spent several years with the mac did not deserve to be slammed for his comment. I have been with Windows since the early days, do I get slammed for that?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to rodinman For This Useful Post:

    p*ssed_off_all_the_time (2008-01-02)

  12. #50
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    *dale covers face and looks for back door to escape from awkward situation*

  13. #51
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rodinman View Post
    I have enough spendable income that I can buy the latest fad if I grow bored of it I can pitch it aside and get the next fad and play with it. That being said, does that mak eme a bad person because I work hard for my money and spend it as I see fit?
    Does having money out the ying-yang and spending it as you like make you a bad person? Not at all. Does insulting a new technology because it doesn't do what you want it to, or doesn't get updated fast enough for your liking? I'd say it makes you an arrogant *****. Is that bad? It's all a matter of opinion.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  14. #52
    I personally like the current situation and know it will get much better when the SDK arrives. Third party developers can experiment with new ideas without much consequence, Apple cannot ( 1,000,000+ users). This is evolution at its best, poor 3rd party applications will die a quick death, good ones will be adopted or used as a strawman by Apple.
    Last edited by FirstChoice; 2007-12-27 at 07:39 PM.

  15. #53
    Just to put in another 2 cents. It's not so much an issue of being bored; it's just that with anything or any product; the novelty wears off after a while especially if the novelty aspect is really what's carrying the product and not so much practicality. You feel me.

  16. #54
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the clouds.
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Well
    Well, revolutionary is currently in development technology I'm not even allowed to speak of. And trust me, the iPhone hardly caused waves on the scene when it's development was announced.

    Trust me, revolutionary is in the works, I'v seen it I'v spoken to world class scientists and engineers about it, and when it's here, you'll know it.

    Like has been said, iPhone is a nicely packaged collection of old technology.

    But then, to be quite honest, from my perspective, there is nothing at all amazing about the current generation of mobile phones over the last. But the next stage in mobile phone/multimedia device/portable computer evolution will be. And this takes a whole new approach to the idea.

    I'm sure a quick Google search should give you some info on what is publicly available at present.

    Give it a few years, some current advances in technology that may possibly just be in large scale production pretty soon are beyond belief.

  17. #55
    rodinman
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Does having money out the ying-yang and spending it as you like make you a bad person? Not at all. Does insulting a new technology because it doesn't do what you want it to, or doesn't get updated fast enough for your liking? I'd say it makes you an arrogant *****. Is that bad? It's all a matter of opinion.
    I may be arrogant. In fact I will say I am arrogant and very badly at that. When you have the money I have one can be arrogant and not worry about it. You see, my wife and I won the state lottery in our home state. I am 40 and she is 38. I can afford to do pretty much anything my hearts desire. So when the latest fad hits the streets I get it and when I grow tired of it I give it away to some less fortunate. Doing so is kinda my way of giving back to the community that has gave me so much. To think before that day in April 2006 I was working as a tech support. I would like to have me one of these forums. Is this one for sale? I should buy hackintosh and close it down.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to rodinman For This Useful Post:

    p*ssed_off_all_the_time (2008-01-02)

  19. #56
    The reason people "fall" for the iphone was the hype.... apple has become a "status" thing. People associate apple with "cool" thus apple created a piece of **** cell phone + ipod made it shiny and charged $600 for it and people happily paid it.

    apple needs to step up the game alittle bit.... no, alot.

    i own an iphone, it works.... it get attention when i use it, but its functionality is sub par for a $400+ cell phone.
    Last edited by mkozak; 2007-12-28 at 05:23 AM.

  20. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by rodinman View Post
    I may be arrogant. In fact I will say I am arrogant and very badly at that. When you have the money I have one can be arrogant and not worry about it. You see, my wife and I won the state lottery in our home state. I am 40 and she is 38. I can afford to do pretty much anything my hearts desire. So when the latest fad hits the streets I get it and when I grow tired of it I give it away to some less fortunate. Doing so is kinda my way of giving back to the community that has gave me so much. To think before that day in April 2006 I was working as a tech support. I would like to have me one of these forums. Is this one for sale? I should buy hackintosh and close it down.
    Your probably just a 40 year old virgin living in your mothers basement and hanging out on internet forums all day for fun. Won the lottery? haha what a loser, everyone knows you made that up

  21. #58
    rodinman
    Guest
    Jealousy is not an attractive trait. I use my iphone as I would any other cell phone. I get more looks in my jacked up Hummer than I do talking on an iPhone..lol

    Last edited by rodinman; 2007-12-28 at 07:39 AM.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to rodinman For This Useful Post:

    p*ssed_off_all_the_time (2008-01-02)

  23. #59
    Well... Back on topic: Try the knock off iPhone, the iFhones lol. Really though, you are asking on an iPhone oriented forum what other phone to get? I mean... I've heard that the Tilt (AT&T) is good. But, is a bit thick. I like the Motorola ROKR E6, but they don't support it for ****. SE phones are supposed to be good, I don't care for them really though. I hate Nokia's, except for the 6820, that was pretty tight .
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

  24. #60
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rodinman View Post
    Jealousy is not an attractive trait. I use my iphone as I would any other cell phone. I get more looks in my jacked up Hummer than I do talking on an iPhone..lol
    Jealousy is not an attractive trait? But arrogance is? I'll take a jealous person over an arrogant twat any day.

    Quote Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
    I'v seen it I'v spoken to world class scientists and engineers about it, and when it's here, you'll know it.
    Wow, so why are you slumming it around us lower forms? When its here we'll know it... That's a good line. Seems you know all about it, so tell us, show us. Otherwise...
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-12-28 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •