Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tired of the iPhone, whats next?

Thanks

It's fine, no need for PM.

So, after knowing all this stuff you still went out and bought one? Yet you're accusing the rest of us of falling for the hype?

I guess you're mostly upset cos you stuffed up your iphone after a few days and are still waiting on a replacement! You would think an 'Engineer in both the Electronic and Software fields' would know what he was doing, but alas!

Stick with your N95, but you don't need to come onto iphone forums telling us how much better it is.

The prime reason most of us own iphones is cos we owned ipods and we like the simplicity of syncing all our music with 1 button press. All other mobile phones suck for playing and organising music. And most of them also suck for web browsing and email and playing videos,. which is what iphone users bought the phone for.
    To live, you have to lie

Full ledged GPS, MMS, and some further bluetooth development and I would be more than satisfied. As of right now, this phone does what I need. With the lack of MMS.

Reako

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well, redcard, for a start, who said I'm waiting for a replacement? The iPhone I have used is my dads, the iPhone I'm waiting on is mine and have been waiting for 3 weeks of noones fault but jesus christ himself (christmas holidays and international postage don't go well together)

As far as 1 button syncing is concerned, I look forward to trying it out, I just hope there will be as simple a way for me to transfer the entire music collection synced from my desktop to 2 laptops when I want to listen to music on those on the go.

Again, web browsing looks, from what I have seen so far to be really great, but alas, saving files would be really handy for me, no thanks to apple I can't do that, (thanks to the 3rd party devs here there are workarounds)

In the end, all my respect goes to these devs for making this phone what it is and capable of so far.

And that is the reason I'm on this forum, although I am quite capable of having a moan when the need arises, I would like to take part in this community that is really doing something for itself.

As for me falling for the hype, it really wasn't that, It's just this relationship I have with shiny new toys. What upsets me is that this phone, since buying one got my hopes up, it has so much potential, yet for reasons I can't understand it just isnt meeting.

Sure I'll get over it, but I'm on my soap box, I'll get down when I'm good and ready.

To the second post (Raeko) I would like the same things, Bluetooth seriously needs some work, there are half a dozen profiles I use reguarly that I was shocked to see not enabled here, I can live without some due to workarounds but lack A2DP on a multimedia device such as this shocked me the most. MMS I can deal without, I receive more than I send them, and I prefer alternative methods of sending "multimedia" (Bluetooth anyone?) so I can live without. GPS, would be brilliant, again, a Bluetooth problem, because no, I don't want to have to use an apple properietary GPS device with a stupid dock connecter and loads of wire.

DUDE screw apple its what the DEVS do that make iphone a cool gadget.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to yowiphone For This Useful Post:

stadler (2007-12-27)

I love ma iPhone!! there I said it lol. for only being out 6 months, its still got more apps than any RIM device out ther :-P.. give it time and more and more apps will come

Yeah Exactly !!

Glad i got the iTouch. All that is expected is a touchscreen iPod. But then i found this site and got so much more. The only things i am missing that the iphone has is camera, bluetooth and edge. Voip is a little sketchy but it'll be worked out soon enough. I've seen some bluetooth attachments but i dont use bluetooth to being with.

Always try to have very low expectations, you'll be happier that way.

Why would you be happier with lower expectations?

Thanks

You never heard the sales phrase 'under-promise, over-deliver'?
    To live, you have to lie

With lower expectations it is harder to disappoint...Catchy phrase BTW redcard.

Reako

Thanks

Default Haha
    That makes me laugh, lol, "under promise, over deliver"

I think apple messed up ....

"Over promise, under deliver"

Revolutionary? I heard Jobby say that a lot in several minutes of video I watched, I see nothing revolutionary here. But then I'm an unfair critic, as an Engineer, I see "Revolutionary" every day.

Thanks

It is revolutionary, and not just Jobs has said that. A number of mobile network operators, industry analysts, bloggers and reporters have.

Imagine the iphone hadn't come out? Mobile phone design and UI has been pretty static since the 3210.
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    It is revolutionary, and not just Jobs has said that. A number of mobile network operators, industry analysts, bloggers and reporters have.

Imagine the iphone hadn't come out? Mobile phone design and UI has been pretty static since the 3210.

Ok, I give you that one, the UI is fairly revolutionary. Although not all that, it's just an evolution of current "systems". THe technology however is far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    DUDE screw apple its what the DEVS do that make iphone a cool gadget.

My Point Exactly. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
    Ok, I give you that one, the UI is fairly revolutionary. Although not all that, it's just an evolution of current "systems". THe technology however is far from it.
    LET ME GUESS THIS IS revolutionary TECHNOLOGY FOR YOU right...

I borrowed my friend tilt and I let him use my iFone, Oh man how much I missed the iFone... the titl sucked, I mean its nice but nothing compare to the iFone... the tilt is now on eBay, he will be getting an iPhone soon.
    -iP3G RebelSIM -Tmo
    -iFone 2nd Gen - 2.0 - Tmo
    -iMac 24" running WinXP Pro
    -Black Berry Pearl
    -HTC Tilt unlocked WM6.1

Quote Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
    Ok, now explain to me the difference between the iphone system and the word technology.

Isn't the evolution of a current system how technology advances? Modern day system "evolved" from basic binary code.

Ok.. So then... What's so "revolutionary" on the technology side of the iphone?

The multitouch was developed by a company called fingerworks ( www.fingerworks.com ). SEVERAL years ago. The company was bought out by Apple. Nothing revolutionary there.

The GSM Radio maybe? Very revolutionary... oh wait. No, it's not revolutionary after all. It merely supports Edge. No 3G, no WCDMA, no HSDPA... Not so revolutionary after all.

The Bluetooth? That's almost 15 years old. But hey, it does have BT 2.0. The BT 2.0 protocol has only been around for what... 3 years now? Incidentally the BT 2.0 protocol was specified on 10th November 2004. Want revolutionary? Give me BT 2.1. The protocol is only a few months old. And the best part of the iphone's revolutionary BT technology? Most of it is unusable because apple crippled it to only allow hands free.

Oh wait... How about that snazzy 8 Gigs of memory? That's pretty cool, no? Not so much... I can get a 64GB CF card for a couple of grand... uhh. not so much revolutionary technology in the iphone's storage dept.

Oh, WiFi. That's gotta be revolutionary, right? I mean, who else makes mobile phones with WiFi built in? Gee, I can only name a dozen off the top of my head.

No, the iPhone technology is not revolutionary. It's old. Hell, by most standards it's antiquated. It's just packaged up real neat and tidy, and it has an apple on it. Most ignorant people will jump up and down and scream it's a bloody revolution in technology.
    Last edited by Digital Oxygen; 2007-12-27 at 10:08 AM.
    Search NAZI

If you dont like the iphone dont get it, its as simple as that ^^

I bought my wife an iPhone 6 weeks ago and have spent a lot of time playing with it. The devs are what have perked my interest. It's neat to see all the things people come up with, but alas it is only available because of hacking the phone. I look forward to seeing what happens in February and what changes will happen with version 2 when it's released. At that point, I may purchase one for myself. Until then I'll stick with my RAZR V3xx and just toy with the wifes phone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast