Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5 Things you never knew your cell phone could do

Default 5 Things you never knew your cell phone could do
    C&P from another site.

I tested few things on my Nokia last year and i tell you it is sick(#2), i will test it w/iphone and let you guys know.

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival.

Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST Emergency
    The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find your self out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialled even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND
    Have you locked your keys in the car? Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone. If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Save someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk). Editor's note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

THIRD Hidden Battery Power
    Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

FOURTH How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?
    To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

FIFTH Free Directory Service for Cells
    Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls then they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.

This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

P.S. Please don't flame me if some of these tricks don't work for you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DVB+ For This Useful Post:

apabw (2007-12-20)

Thanks

good info.

iPhone? More like MyPhone StrictlyBusiness's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha you gotta be a fool to try the car one.

Thanks

the car one will work...but for only certain car and setups....it wont work for mine cause it runs off RF MODE..you can't send RF though a handset.

Thanks

I might try the car one just for fun. But the FOURTH one, not true. All GSM carriers track your phone through the SIM card, not the phone itself. Wireless carriers cannot block a phone. All the thief would need to do is pop their own SIM in, and they're good to go.

PS: Just tried number 5, only works in the States.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-12-20 at 04:41 PM.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    the car one will work...but for only certain car and setups....it wont work for mine cause it runs off RF MODE..you can't send RF though a handset.

Are you serious? this is the biggest joke out there, you have to be a fool to believe it!!! Its the same as me walking up to a car and saying "beep" maybe i can unlock peoples cars that way!!!!

-nice try

Thanks

Nice

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

the car one is a rumor, its been proved not to work countless times, this list has been circulating the interwebs for like a decade

Default Don't Try the 112!
    FIRST Emergency
    The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find your self out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialled even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

DONT! EMERGENCY NUMBERS ARE FOR EMERGENCYS ONLY !

Allthough it probably would work...it's not something you do without a serious reason!

Greets!

Thanks

im gonna try the car one. does it work with a remote starter..lol
    Last edited by silencer; 2007-12-20 at 06:35 PM.

I call BS on #3, hidden power? My car's gas tank has a hidden pocket too, I just honk the horn too the beat of 'a shave and a haircut' and my tank becomes half full again!!!

PS, I'm not trying to flame you, just having fun with this nonsense.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

#3 is true of some older model nokias

Thanks

yeah but were talking 97 to 99 nokias...and the keyless entry..omg just silly to be nice!

I just tried the car one..

I swear on my life it works, if you would like me to post a video, I will go record one.

I tried it on a 2007 Ford Focus. It works... I popped the trunk and unlocked the car from far enough that it coudnt do it by itself.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    I just tried the car one..

I swear on my life it works, if you would like me to post a video, I will go record one.

I tried it on a 2007 Ford Focus. It works... I popped the trunk and unlocked the car from far enough that it coudnt do it by itself.
    i wanna see that video!!!

no wonder most people never heard if this....this stuff is too old. mid to late nineties

Quote Originally Posted by automat View Post
    no wonder most people never heard if this....this stuff is too old. mid to late nineties
    You are right automat, it was couple of years that i used to open car w cell phone but it still works w my viper alarm.