Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need advice on new laptop.

Default I need advice on new laptop.
    So im looking into buying a new laptop, I need one that will be good for running my virual dj program and also be good for some gaming. Not extreme gaming just regular counter strike once in a while. And also some WoW. Im kind of leaning towards the 13 inch macbook and i would be installing 4gb of ram. or maybe something else. I wanna keep the cost around 1500 dollars. Any and all advice is helpful. THank you for your time guys.

I had problem running VJ on MacBook and running XP in genereral so i replaced it with Tractor DJ Studio, but still have PC Laptop just for VJ and few other apps. My advice for you is to get PC and Mac, you can find used 6m old laptops in half price. I made mistake buying new so my next purchase will be either demo or used.

DVB thank you for your response, i do have a pc laptop but looking into either updating it or a different one. I figured i would get a little more help especially since alot of people on here use mac's.

Check out this new gaming laptop a heard about on cnet's gedgettes podcast

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/X...4850_Notebook/

Comes in cool colors too:
    Last edited by MOSHO92; 2007-12-21 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks

I'm looking for a new laptop too, but gonna hold out until January and see if Apple come out with a powerful ultra-portable. That would be sweet
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I'm looking for a new laptop too, but gonna hold out until January and see if Apple come out with a powerful ultra-portable. That would be sweet
    I'm with you... I say wait until MacWorld and see if anything is announced / released... then make your decision on a Laptop...

the new Dell XPS's are pretty nice, my step-dad got himself a decent one for $1300...

but yea, just wait it out if you can
    You can find Sciphone in the Links section...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    I'm with you... I say wait until MacWorld and see if anything is announced / released... then make your decision on a Laptop...

the new Dell XPS's are pretty nice, my step-dad got himself a decent one for $1300...

but yea, just wait it out if you can
    Yeah agreed.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
    Check out this new gaming laptop a heard about on cnet's gedgettes podcast

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/X...4850_Notebook/

Comes in cool colors too:
    This is very nice and inexpensive laptops here....they can even make one with your custom design..

* If choosing option for "Customize Notebook Cover w/ Your Favor Image", we will contact you for the detail of the image after order placed...

I think i will order one after new year w my custom image if it is not too expensive....Laptop itself 599 and free ship....You cant go wrong w that....This is my PC right now i can work only on half a screen or external monitor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-56.jpg  

@DVB+: Nice mod

I'd say to go for a dell

BUT

Wait for Macworld. I heard that they will be announcing the ultra macable portbook
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Yeah i was planning on waiting till macworld and seeing if they would announce any upgrades for the macbook. The xps were looking pretty nice also especially after being modded. im gonna check out those cyber powers and see how that goes. Thank you guys for all the input.

to be able to install 4 GB you need a macbook pro core 2 duo!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yah wait till macworld and get a itablet =]
    If i helped hit Thanks!