Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my bands new recordings

Default my bands new recordings
    hey guys. first off i would like to thank you for the wealth of information you have bestowed upon me. hopefully i can get my hands on an iphone 3g on release date and get going with stuff,

anyway onto why i have posted.

my band have just recorded some new stuff and would like it if some of you guys would have a listen

we are acoustic rock (jimmy eat world, biffy clyro, dashboard confessional, owen)

the first song is new on our profile the second is old like.

any comments criticisms welcome we've been together about 5months

cheers for listening guys

www.myspace.com/actionactionaction

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Im impressed for only being together for 5 months. Out of the two posted, I like Come On a lot better than the demo song you have up there. The reason being you guys sound OOK (Out of Key) in a few parts at the 37s mark background vocals are OOK (non harmonized), at he 1m21s mark you can hear the lead vocals taking a breath before continuing while the background vocals do not, and at the 2m1s mark the background vocals are not in key with the main vocals. Sorry for being critical, ive been DJing for 14yrs and producing for 9yrs so i try to listen thoroughly. But like i said you guys sound great, bst of luck

ah in the second one yeah that was done quickly in my room haha. thanks for listening though. we didnt want to put too many of our new recordings up as we are releasing them on an ep.
    Last edited by middi; 2008-07-04 at 05:06 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

either way great job - you guys sound awesome

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not into that Type of music, but thats defiantly Impressive.
    Best of luck to your band.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

cheers mirrorminD you were always my fav mod haha

and cheers atokadd i think its an aquired taste really but cheers for listening mate.

mid

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

NOT trying to be mean or start a fight but... Im sorry Mirrormind, if breathing in a song ruins it for you than maybe music isnt your thing? Its about the lyrics buddy and the effort to spill your heart to make a song

But to middi. Deff. impressed and I love the sound. I got you guys bookmarked now, Cant wait to purchase your EP!

Maybe I was a bit critiquel of mirrormind but not all of us have a Sony BMG recording studio on our block. lol

All in good love Mirrormind nothing personal I hope (not trying for enemys here)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan0609 View Post
    NOT trying to be mean or start a fight but... Im sorry Mirrormind, if breathing in a song ruins it for you than maybe music isnt your thing? Its about the lyrics buddy and the effort to spill your heart to make a song

But to middi. Deff. impressed and I love the sound. I got you guys bookmarked now, Cant wait to purchase your EP!

Maybe I was a bit critiquel of mirrormind but not all of us have a Sony BMG recording studio on our block. lol

All in good love Mirrormind nothing personal I hope (not trying for enemys here)
    No worries, but i would re-read the OP. He asked for criticism, and that is what i gave, constructive criticism. Also if you think a song is about lyrics or the effort to pure your heart into a song thats only about 10% of a composition of a song. It doesnt take a Sony BMG recording studio to know that. Most songs arent even written by bands anymore, and you can have the best lyrics in the world, but if the music is horrible or if you cant sing those lyrics than your bands in a lot of trouble right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

correct didnt mean to jump about the criticism peace. But again most main stream bands purchase there lyrics. Im sure he isnt main stream. lol also if you truly believe that 90% of the song isnt lyrics than what is it? because the instruments and beat are centered around the feelings the lyrics are ment to put out. Again I dont believe in any main stream artists as I feel most are "barbied up". I believe in every small time artist with true inspirations beyond money and glory.
    The actual work to set up the correct rythem and tempo maybe what your refurring to as the other 90%? But again the lyrics are the center and the message. The instruments add and put in feelings and emotions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love it. Its really retro-alternative and its the sound is very "happy mondays" style very good. I'm on your list for the release.

ah cheers jquest68

thanks for comments again everyone you are all very kind