Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 7.6.3b4= 7.7???

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iTunes 7.6.3b4= 7.7???
    I found iTunes 7.4.3b4 online and is it the developers pre-release of 7.7? I installed it and it works perfect.

Thanks

Okay?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Okay?
    Im just asking if it is the pre-release of the 7.7 not stating it.

Yeh it is for the mac.. im currently using it along with 2.0 beta 8 firmware on iphone...

Thanks

Alright. This may seem stupid, but if I have the 7.7 iTunes will it activate the 8th beta if I am not a dev?

are you on legit contract? if so > yes..

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz2k8 View Post
    Yeh it is for the mac.. im currently using it along with 2.0 beta 8 firmware on iphone...
    i download mine but its only for windows and cant find the mac version

Thanks

are you on legit contract? if so > yes..
    Yes I have a valid AT&T contract and am on Vista right now. I am not in the developer program or anything. Do I need to be on Leopard?

Oh right im not sure about windows users... well i too have the beta itunes for windows aswell.. Put it like this.. if you have nothing to loose then give it a go... first back up (sync your iphone so it backs up vital data - contacts / photos..).

What i did was restored back to original firmware & baseband for 1.1.4.. then after restored it to beta 4 (for some reason it left me on the pink screen and didnt auto activate like before..) but then i put it manually again into recovery mode and then restored beta 7... this auto activated my iphone... so i used that for a day... then today installed itunes 7.7 pre release on my macbook and then backed up / sync'd iphone... then restored it to beta 8, which auto activated my iphone to use on O2-UK... i tried other sim cards but then it says connect to iTunes automatically... so now attempting on unlocking beta 8..

Bare in mind.. beta 8 takes a while to restore.. you may think iTunes is crashed but it hasn't.. so just leave it running for a while.. i left it running for 20mins and popped out.. then when i came home it was finished... i then re-synced iphone

Any further questions just pm me or whatever.. Its pretty straight forward if your not bothered of screwing up and restoring all over again etc... to me it worked straight in 1 go.. so its cool... but beta 7 & 8 are very slow internally to run and the internet / wifi just isnt stable :s may be its just me ... i dunno :S

Let me know how you get on

Peace!

Thanks

I tried it and it activated. Now I wish I could jb it for file access

sweet i know.. im having difficulty in accessing the device via ssh... lol. give it 2weeks or something.. someone will crack the code i hope..

Thanks

sweet i know.. im having difficulty in accessing the device via ssh... lol. give it 2weeks or something.. someone will crack the code i hope..
    I just wanted to try the latest beta, and now Im downgrading to 1.1.4. I would probably have kept it for a while but I just love the videotones. It has been a while since I used any 2.0 beta and this one is even faster than 114 at about everything. I could login to mobileme but it wouldnt "push" my .mac address book

I never heard about the new restore screen. Its the iTunes logo with "iTunes" underneath it and now its a usb cord instead of the dock connecter
    Last edited by mfleigle; 2008-07-02 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

actually that version of itunes is for AT&T and apple stores. It is to be used during the activation process, since according to apples internal memo, all phones come "bricked" and they use this version of itunes to activate it. The only real difference between that version and the version out now is the activation application that you have to create a seperate profile/link to use it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    The only real difference between that version and the version out now is the activation application that you have to create a seperate profile/link to use it
    You dont to activate 2.0. Beta 8 is the fw loaded on all new 3G's according to those who have shown in unboxing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    You dont to activate 2.0. Beta 8 is the fw loaded on all new 3G's according to those who have shown in unboxing
    A. Consumers must activate it to.
    B. If your not a dev theres no reason to get the beta. Period.
    C. It comes out in 2 days max, wait.
    D. I have iTunes 7.7 and its different from the one stated there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    A. Consumers must activate it to.
    B. If your not a dev theres no reason to get the beta. Period.
    C. It comes out in 2 days max, wait.
    D. I have iTunes 7.7 and its different from the one stated there.
    Well according to those who have got the 3G early say the firmware is 2.0 (5A345) so technically its not a beta unless they are pushing out a update for new phones. They waited a while for the first update for the 2G last year. And its not two days since some countries get it before the USA so it should be official in a day

Im confused, so they have to activate it in store, then we take it home and activate it again? And this new iTunes comes out on July 11 also?
    "Carpe iPhone"-"Seize the iPhone"-Steve's Roman Ancestors