Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trouble with Itunes (LF Help with problem)

Default Trouble with Itunes (LF Help with problem)
    OK,
    I just bought brand new iphone this morning and so i go home and go to www.apple.com and download itunes 7.5. ok here is where the prob starts with my itunes..... once i plug in my iphone, itunes says right away that the software is not installed and i should delete through the install program and then re-install. i have done this may 45times today and it never installs the software. i not an idiot when it come to computers but this one is perplexing me. i want to play with my new toy... its just a $400 waist of money so far... i can get it past the "connect to itunes" graphics display. please help me someone, ive emailed apple about it and still no reply......... im happy to hear any suggestions on the matter... ill be checking back often. thx everyone!

Your post has me about as confused as a baby in a titty bar...

What Software is not installed? What software are you trying to install? iTunes? Software on the phone? what?

Edit:

You must be using WinDoze... With that said, my original questions remain. Please clarify.
    Search NAZI

Default ok here is the error message i get
    Here is a quote of the error message that i get when i plug in my iphone.

"This iPhone cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove itunes, then install itunes again."

ive done this bunches of times and it hasent worked yet. any idea?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman6276 View Post
    Here is a quote of the error message that i get when i plug in my iphone.

"This iPhone cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove itunes, then install itunes again."

ive done this bunches of times and it hasent worked yet. any idea?
    You're missing the iPhone device support .kext file (.dll file for a PC). This is a system extension required for iTunes to talk to the iPhone. Did you install as root? Any errors during installation?

Again.. are you using a Mac or a PC?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Im using a PC....sry.
    any idea where i can find this .dll file and maybe some advice in installing it?

i too got the same problem and i re instaled the operating system........n my iphone is working fine now

lol, that would be such a pain just to activate this phone. this shouldn't be this complicated. if i knew the file name, i could google it and download it. but where to install it?