Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: resize partition w/o reformating and installing?

Default resize partition w/o reformating and installing?
    Whats going on guys,

I just used bootcamp for the first time yesterday to install XP to run some old games on it. i wasnt really thinking and just went along with the default partition size which was 5 gigs. not thinking ahead, well now i would like a bit of a larger size maybe 15 or 20.

Is it possible to change the size of my partition with out having to delete the one in just made and restart the whole process? or am in just going to have to bite the bullet?

If ya got any little hacking tricks around this, it would be much appreciated.

thanks guys,

Mr B

Anybody got any ideas on this one?

Thanks

moved

yeah in widows xp you can stretch reallocate it i believe. But I know that you can remove space from the osx partition and re allocate to the xp one

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

or you can use a program like partition maigc

Thanks

Or you can whisper to you harddrive very very sweetly and loving and if it thinks you really mean it, it will do it for you.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

thanks guys, I was fooling around with it all last night and axxidently deleted the XP PARTITION so I just reinstalled it.. haha thanks for the info though

Cool resize partition
    Hi mrblader,
    Of course you can change partition size by partitioning it in an easy way.What I usually do is to rely on a kind of software named EASEUS Partition Manager to resize and move partitions. It runs well and easy for me to use it. You may download one to have a try EASEUS Partition Manager 1.6.2 Free Download - Real software for disk partition management. this is helpful!

it i slike that , you can also reduce and increase teh size of teh partition even if you have data in the drive , it will be uneffected , just the thing is after each time partition is done , the xp repair cd is ti used .
    Hey , what software do you use by the way , i mean like i am talking about the Partition magic Pro 7.0 , it is the one i use , download it man , it is cool.