Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Self Shot Wallpapers: Plz Comment

Default Self Shot Wallpapers: Plz Comment
    Hi
    I would like to share my online photo blog and receive comments.
    I am not really a photographer but soon catching up learning new tricks and tricks. I use some of my shots as wallpapers and so do my friends and so can you by downloading their high res from the website itself.

gotshot's deviantART gallery

Please post comments and how can i improve things.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to krusher For This Useful Post:

B1naryBand1t (2008-06-28)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

some nice photos there

Thanks.
    Any suggestions to get better??

Thanks

I like Sunset Orange the most but ALL the Landscape shots are very nice.
    Last edited by Zeal; 2008-06-27 at 11:07 PM.
    EDM

No i am on windows. Its just that i was using iTunes while was taking that shot.

Thanks

those are awesome man!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Nice pics dude!
    @Zeal - please stop saying how bad Mac is. Let them decide for themselves what OS works best for their own needs.

lol.
    MAC is trendy. Would love to get my hands on it some day.
    lol.

Thanks. Any suggestions to get them better???

Thanks

- As a general rule, the closer you get to the subject, the better your pictures will be. Getting close eliminates distracting, unnecessary backgrounds and shows the subject clearly.
    - Think about showing just enough of the scene to make the picture clear and interesting. Be sure to check your camera manual to learn the closest distance at which your camera takes sharp pictures. Many point-and-shoot cameras cannot focus closer than four feet from the subject.
    - When photographing people, keep them busy. Your pictures will have a feeling of lively spontaneity.
    - To avoid stiff, static poses, prompt your subjects to be active. Their expressions will be more relaxed and natural.
    - A simple background focuses attention on the subject and makes clear, strong pictures. Take control and move your subject or your camera to find a simple, uncluttered background.
    - There is nothing wrong with placing the subject in the center of your viewfinder. However, placing the subject off-center can make the composition more dynamic and interesting to the eye.
    - When taking scenic pictures, try including objects in the foreground. Elements in the fore ground a sense of distance, depth and dimension.
    - Adequate lighting is essential to expose film, but good lighting can make your pictures more interesting, colorful, dimensional, and flattering to the subject. Strong sunlight is only one of many types of good lighting.
    - Some people are surprised to learn that cloudy, overcast days provide the best lighting for pictures of people. Bright sun makes people squint, and it throws harsh shadows. On overcast days, the light is soft and flattering to faces.
    - Sometimes good pictures are missed by overlooking the basics. Holding the camera steady is vital for sharp, clear pictures. When your push the shutter button, press it gently rather than jabbing it. Even slight camera movement can rob your pictures of sharpness. Use a brace to steady your arm or use a tripod, if available.
    - You can improve your pictures by taking full advantage of the flash built into most cameras. It provides extra light when you need it, especially indoors, and it freezes action for sharp pictures.
    - Be sure to stay within the "flash range." this is the range of distance which will be properly exposed. A typical range is four to twelve feet. Check your camera manual for the effective range of your flash.
    - Flash can improve pictures outdoors, as well as indoors. Using flash outdoors will soften shadows and brighten color

Taken from: Home - Big Y® World Class Market™
    EDM

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeal For This Useful Post:

krusher (2008-07-07), Poseidon79 (2008-06-27)

Thanks

@zeal....

Nice pics dude. I think you could photoshop them and increase the colors and stuff to make it more real that life its self, but thats only if you want even richer colors. They're fine without Photoshoping though =]

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Aiyo For This Useful Post:

ybahman (2008-06-28)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

The allAlone pic is a cracker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    - As a general rule, the closer you get to the subject, the better your pictures will be. Getting close eliminates distracting, unnecessary backgrounds and shows the subject clearly.
    - Think about showing just enough of the scene to make the picture clear and interesting. Be sure to check your camera manual to learn the closest distance at which your camera takes sharp pictures. Many point-and-shoot cameras cannot focus closer than four feet from the subject.
    - When photographing people, keep them busy. Your pictures will have a feeling of lively spontaneity.
    - To avoid stiff, static poses, prompt your subjects to be active. Their expressions will be more relaxed and natural.
    - A simple background focuses attention on the subject and makes clear, strong pictures. Take control and move your subject or your camera to find a simple, uncluttered background.
    - There is nothing wrong with placing the subject in the center of your viewfinder. However, placing the subject off-center can make the composition more dynamic and interesting to the eye.
    - When taking scenic pictures, try including objects in the foreground. Elements in the fore ground a sense of distance, depth and dimension.
    - Adequate lighting is essential to expose film, but good lighting can make your pictures more interesting, colorful, dimensional, and flattering to the subject. Strong sunlight is only one of many types of good lighting.
    - Some people are surprised to learn that cloudy, overcast days provide the best lighting for pictures of people. Bright sun makes people squint, and it throws harsh shadows. On overcast days, the light is soft and flattering to faces.
    - Sometimes good pictures are missed by overlooking the basics. Holding the camera steady is vital for sharp, clear pictures. When your push the shutter button, press it gently rather than jabbing it. Even slight camera movement can rob your pictures of sharpness. Use a brace to steady your arm or use a tripod, if available.
    - You can improve your pictures by taking full advantage of the flash built into most cameras. It provides extra light when you need it, especially indoors, and it freezes action for sharp pictures.
    - Be sure to stay within the "flash range." this is the range of distance which will be properly exposed. A typical range is four to twelve feet. Check your camera manual for the effective range of your flash.
    - Flash can improve pictures outdoors, as well as indoors. Using flash outdoors will soften shadows and brighten color

Taken from: Home - Big Y® World Class Market™
    Wow
    a lot of things to think upon. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by B1naryBand1t View Post
    The allAlone pic is a cracker

Thanks
    :-0
    thanks a lot. I too love it.

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    thats everyones fav. lol. Thanks. I use it as my wallpaper.
    Last edited by krusher; 2008-07-07 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost