Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: thinking about getting a new macbook pro...

Default thinking about getting a new macbook pro...
    Im thinking about getting a macbook pro (15 inch, 2.4 ghz, 160 gb, 2 gb ram, etc.) but the cheapest I can find is 2300 with the education discount. Does anyone know of a way to get one for cheaper than this? Id love to get one, and i dont care if its refurbished, but 2300 is too high for me. thanks in advance!
    Last edited by skierdb526; 2007-12-07 at 07:05 AM.

As far as discounts go the student one is really the best one you are going to get. Apple doesn't like knocking down prices on there stuff..and nowhere that I know of can a get good deal on apple products. The price is basically set. What about a macbook?

what about corporate discounts? are those better? Also Ive looked at the macbooks. As Im most likely going to use whatever laptop i get now for the next four years to do various things (programming,photoshop,indesign,sound editing,etc) I want the most bang for the buck. I dont know how I feel about the 13 inch screen either... but id be happy to hear others opinions on the best solution!

Maybe 100 bucks or so not that big of a difference from what I have seen on any discounts. You dont even want to know how much I paid for my macbook pro.

how much did you pay? whats your configuration?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I love my MacBook Pro. Has increased productivity a ton, and runs smooth.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I have a fully loaded mac book pro 17" screen 3 Gb of memory upgraded hard drive (installed myself). All together it was around 3500. But I LOVE it, super fast and works great all the time. Highly recommend ANY mac computer. Any mac is always better than a PC.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

true that man. i got a few beastly PCs around my place but my pals macbook pro kicks some booty...im getting one myself after macworld in january
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

what do you guys think of macbook pros compared to macbooks?

I have a year old Intel MacBook Pro 15 and I just got my husband a new MacBook for Christmas. Looking at them side by side, there are 2 major differences.

Screen size, obviously. Depending on what you plan to use the laptop for, you may or may not be able to use a 13 inch screen.

Additionally, the MacBook Pro has a dedicated video card. The MacBook uses shared video memory.

I use my MacBook Pro as a backup gaming machine when I'm away from home (Yes you heard me say 'Gaming Machine' and 'Mac' in the same sentence) So, while I can manage on the MacBook the Pro is obviously the better choice.

Take away my specific need for the pro and the MacBook, even with it's shared video memory, performs admirably. The graphics are crisp and clear, the sound is great and performance is great. With it's newer beefier CPU and larger memory capacity the new MacBook holds it's own against my Pro.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

why do u want to spend so much money on apple? get a hardcore hp notebook for half price.. even better power..

because nothing is better than a mac

Thanks

I have a MacBook, greatest computer i ever bought.

Well one reason is i Love my other apple products, I want the power of a macbook pro, the operating system, etc, and i love the customer service with apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schneiderman View Post
    why do u want to spend so much money on apple? get a hardcore hp notebook for half price.. even better power..
    dude HPs arent that good compared to what comes standard in macs or any other notebook...the hps are more for media storage and not much else
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

yeah I have an HP right now and Im not all that happy with it. The only thing that bugs me about the macs is the lack of a single clicker instead of a right and left clicker.

Quote Originally Posted by skierdb526 View Post
    yeah I have an HP right now and Im not all that happy with it. The only thing that bugs me about the macs is the lack of a single clicker instead of a right and left clicker.
    single click=left click
    control+click=right click
    Mac's are simple

well yeah I know about that, but i like the right and left click for photoshop and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by skierdb526 View Post
    well yeah I know about that, but i like the right and left click for photoshop and other stuff
    Just use a non Mac mouse.

yeah i think id have to do that. do you think itd be good to get a barely used 2.2 ghz macbook with 4gb ram 120 gb hdd for like 1100 (a friend is toying wiht the idea of selling his) or hold out and get a macbook pro?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast