Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Pictures

Default No Pictures
    So due to limitations on the Iphone I was forced to buy a new phone :-(

My Girl friend is out of town for a month and so we want to send each other pictures. She has verizon and I of course have my iphone. So she can send me pictures to my email but I can only email her pictures. Since she has a envy she can't check her email.

The lack of mms really sucks. It usually is not a big deal but lately it is a huge deal to me.

Why has apple not gotten on this??

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah that's sucks! Don't forget Bluetooth too!

I'm right there with you.
    Unfortunately, the answer I have is harsh and simple:
    Apple Loves Steve Jobs.
    Steve Jobs loves Money.
    Money>Steve Jobs>Apple>Customers

In layman's terms:
    They are 'saving' the feature to implement in either a new phone down the road as a gimmick for sales, or (but not likely) in an update which people would probably be required to pay for. Same goes for copy/paste... video recording... blah blah blah... You should have jailbroken and just signed up for AT&T MMS, it would have worked. Too bad its too late now..
    Hope you can somewhat enjoy your new phone, and maybe come back to the iPhone community when the contract expires... Or, if its not too late.... (within 30 days of new contract on verizon I think...) You can cancel without Fees, go back to AT&T iphone, add MMS, jailbreak you're phone and be happy. If you need help with latter, I'd be glad to help you!

Good Luck!
    iPhone 3G 16GB - Black.

Screw the crAppStore I want Installer!

I just bought a new atat phone. What I am doing now is whenever she wants to send me a picture she sends it to my email and then i put the sim card in my other phone and send her my picture. It is a pain in the *** to do this. I had my iphone jail broken before but it started acting real crazy and super laggy. I used zip phone and everyone said that was bad. So I took it to the apple store and told them that my iphone was not getting texts have the time and I talked to atat and they said it was my phone. So they gave me a new one and I have not jailbroken it yet. If the mms program works well then I would want to do it. But I downloaded the mms before and I could not figure out how the hell to work it. So any safe jailbreaking mac help would be great and help with the mms program would be amazing

I can help you with both!

I used ZiPhone 3.0. I don't know when you jailbroke, but now, ZiPhone is arguably the best jailbreaking software for mac or pc. It works like a charm and leaves the phone in tip top condition.

ZiPhone Software:
    ZiPhone's Blog

Download the appropriate version (Mac or PC), and then run the program. Connect your Phone via USB to your computer do a sync just to backup in case. Then, close iTunes. In ZiPhone, there is category that says iPhone/iPod Touch. Underneath is one button, jailbreak. Click it while your iPhone is plugged in and ON. Just let it do its thing and it will Jailbreak your phone. Should take two minutes tops. I've done it in 45 seconds.

Then, as a past jailbreaker, I assume you know how to work Installer.app to get Swirly MMS.

If you called AT&T already and added MMS messaging to your plan, then you can disregard steps 3-4. If you haven't added it, YOU NEED IT. It will cost you money, but IMHO, its better than risky sim swaps and chancing the fact the photo might not send on the other phone.

Step 1) Download SwirlyMMS
    Step 2) Configure SwirlyMMS as follows
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    Step 3) Call AT&T and make sure you have an MMS Data Plan on your account (See Below)
    Step 4) Wait 24-48hrs for the automated account scrubber to get done looking at your account
    Step 5) Call AT&T Tell them your MMS is not functioning and that you would like them to check in snooper to make sure your setup for A) MMS Capable B) WAP Push is checked
    Step 6) Have them push the settings to you over the air then power cycle your device
    Step 7) Enjoy MMS - NOTE: Any time you call into AT&T and make an account change there automated system will revert the settings back to DISABLED and you have to repeat Step's 4, 5 and 6 to reactivate MMS on your account.

** If you know you already have an MMS plan like the MMS Pay Per Use or Family Messaging Unlimited you can skip steps 3 and 4
    (Taken from the application's web site)

So, there you have it. Any questions, you can ask me, PM or here.

But really, I know you like your stock phone in all its Apple Innocence... but I can't see why anyone would have an iPhone unjailbroken at least until AppStore is released...
    I reccomend it HIGHLY. It is much more stable now than ever! I was totally against jailbreaking until a few weeks ago. Something clicked in my mind, and I thought it was a wonderful idea. I realized the only thing keeping me from j/bing earlier was a fear of bricking... I don't have this fear anymore after I found out how your phone can be virginized if needed, and how only unlocked phones not jailbroken ones get bricked...

Ok ... forgive my rant, but this is the chit-chat channel... I felt it necessary :P

Good Luck!
    ~ST
    iPhone 3G 16GB - Black.

Screw the crAppStore I want Installer!

Cool Why no MMS
    Here is another thought to consider. MMS ( and really SMS ) along with their sibling EMS have a very short life ahead of them. EMS is really a poorly supported substitute of MMS so it is not even a question. MMS is abundant, but not always cross-carrier happy. Nor is it a good mechanism for the transport of multi-media content.

SMS is a much happier cross-carrier environment... but even then still has issues as some countries are blocked by others. That is also true for MMS/EMS.

Now for all you Americans out there... consider this. You account for less then 5% of the market globally. American means really nothing in the big pie. Russia has a stronger market then America yet has about half the population. A sad truth.. but is the truth. You are also many years behind your Asian and European brothers in regards to when and how you use your mobile.

So Apple is thinking forward (in my estimate) in knowing that email will rule the phones. Even in countries were MMS is easily available you are seeing many users move towards this avenue as it is an easier method for the transport of the media.

Just thoughts; But why would you beg and plead for Apple to support WAP when you can have a full browsers experience???

-Pilya

Thanks

Did you just say Ziphone was the best jailbreaking software???

WTF are you smoking its a ticking time bomb, DO NOT use Ziphone.... Don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

Use iLiberty or Winpwn if you Windows...

Do not use ZiPhone you're girlfriend will come back to and slap you, For giving her a broken phone.

Http://www.iphoneproject.com you can find iLiberty and Winpwn in the downloads section.
    EDM

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeal For This Useful Post:

dale1v (2008-06-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sweeneytodd View Post

I used ZiPhone 3.0. I don't know when you jailbroke, but now, ZiPhone is arguably the best jailbreaking software for mac or pc.
    Oh my God. Dude do some research- http://www.modmyi.com/forums/chit-ch...e-ziphone.html

and leaves the phone in tip top condition.
    LOL

santafexcrunner, ZiPhone is definitely not the best.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-06-21 at 09:25 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

I used ZiPhone 3.0. I don't know when you jailbroke, but now, ZiPhone is arguably the best jailbreaking software for mac or pc. It works like a charm and leaves the phone in tip top condition.

ZiPhone Software:
    ZiPhone's Blog

Download the appropriate version (Mac or PC), and then run the program. Connect your Phone via USB to your computer do a sync just to backup in case. Then, close iTunes. In ZiPhone, there is category that says iPhone/iPod Touch. Underneath is one button, jailbreak. Click it while your iPhone is plugged in and ON. Just let it do its thing and it will Jailbreak your phone. Should take two minutes tops. I've done it in 45 seconds.

Then, as a past jailbreaker, I assume you know how to work Installer.app to get Swirly MMS.

If you called AT&T already and added MMS messaging to your plan, then you can disregard steps 3-4. If you haven't added it, YOU NEED IT. It will cost you money, but IMHO, its better than risky sim swaps and chancing the fact the photo might not send on the other phone.

Step 3) Call AT&T and make sure you have an MMS Data Plan on your account (See Below)
    Step 4) Wait 24-48hrs for the automated account scrubber to get done looking at your account
    Step 5) Call AT&T Tell them your MMS is not functioning and that you would like them to check in snooper to make sure your setup for A) MMS Capable B) WAP Push is checked
    Step 6) Have them push the settings to you over the air then power cycle your device
    Step 7) Enjoy MMS - NOTE: Any time you call into AT&T and make an account change there automated system will revert the settings back to DISABLED and you have to repeat Step's 4, 5 and 6 to reactivate MMS on your account.

** If you know you already have an MMS plan like the MMS Pay Per Use or Family Messaging Unlimited you can skip steps 3 and 4

But really, I know you like your stock phone in all its Apple Innocence... but I can't see why anyone would have an iPhone unjailbroken at least until AppStore is released...
    I reccomend it HIGHLY. It is much more stable now than ever! I was totally against jailbreaking until a few weeks ago. Something clicked in my mind, and I thought it was a wonderful idea. I realized the only thing keeping me from j/bing earlier was a fear of bricking... I don't have this fear anymore after I found out how your phone can be virginized if needed, and how only unlocked phones not jailbroken ones get bricked...

Ok ... forgive my rant, but this is the chit-chat channel... I felt it necessary :P

Good Luck!
    ~ST
    I agree

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacLunatic View Post
    I agree
    Thank you for your awesome post.
    EDM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Do not use ZiPhone you're girlfriend will come back to and slap you, For giving her a broken phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Hes gonna end up giving his girlfriend a iPhone that gonna break on her....
    Zeal, it's not the girlfriends phone. It's his.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

Ok lets clear this up, its not Apple who didn't want MMS, its AT&T.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

ZiPhone Software:
    ZiPhone's Blog

Good Luck!
    ~ST
    Don't use ZiPhone!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by y0ungSir View Post
    Don't use ZiPhone!
    No KIDDING we already established that on the first page, Please dont bump dead threads.
    EDM

Thanks

you don't have to do the Swirly thing and there is an easy work around for the pics issue. In her phone just simply add your email address to her contact info. If you have a yahoo address it will "push" mail it to your phone as quick as a text. It is billed on her phone as MMS so there is no data charge. When it comes to your phone it will have her phones address. In you iPhone put that address in her contact info and then when you want to email her pics just send it to that address and she will receive it as a text. My wife and I do it and she has a Moto SLVR. this way is simple.
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!