Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac Questions.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Mac Questions.
    ( if this is in the wrong forum my bad, but their really isnt any forum labeled "Mac talk" or anything like that, so I figured it could go here )

Im Recently going to be switching to Mac. However I do have a few questions, on a few topics in which in going to list below. I want to buy a 2.4 GHz Refurbished Macbook-White.

1. Im a Gamer. Mac doesn't have the best gaming experience to offer. Mac offers boot camp. I know how dual booting works, but, since its mac, im obligated to as this question. One day, if I want to remove the windows OS of my Mac, is their an easy way to remove it?

2. Does anyone get tired of the 13.3 Display screen on a macbook? Because, well, thats a small screen, and I am making a decent commitment here.

3. Because im making a commitment here, and im only 14, so im buying this whole thing myself, and its pretty hard to get out of this situation once im in it, Could you please list the pros and cons of Mac?

4.The Airport Express. I live in Florida, we travel alot. Say we go on a trip to New Jersey ( ALOT OF FAMILY THERE ), and I take my Mac with me. If I just plug this thing into the wall, it makes my own wifi connection? I can just, Take my laptop along with its airpost express, plug the airpost express into the wall, and boom, internet?( Also, can my iphone connect to it?) Or is their something, more?

I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH. Thanks Bunches Guys. This is a really important decision to me. When your 14, 1000$ is alot ( it is when your any age ). Your replies mean alot. Thanks Again.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

Thanks

Get a Dell XPS.. Dont get a Mac dude.... :/

If you want gaming Mac really really isnt the way to go.
    EDM

Thanks

^^^Actually, due to the popularity of Macs, many game developers are going to start making Mac-friendly versions of their games. Probably nothing too exciting til 2009 but it just goes to show how Macs are starting to enlarge their footprint. That being said, I do agree that PC's will always offer better gaming and the XPS is a killer rig.
    Apples taste good.

Yes, if you just use the boot camp assistant one click and windows is taken off and your hard drive is repartitioned back to a single volume

Kind of, of course it has a DVI out port so you can plug into a larger screen(my mum has a macbook and I dont care for it, macbook Pros FTW)

Greater stability, more access to media editors(like logic pro of final cut studio) good luck playing any games on it. The only game I have is the sims and now spore. everything else your gonna need bootcamp or an emulator for.

The airport express is a plug and use base station. You plug it into the wall, you plug a broadband internet connection into it and your done. You have a Wi-Fi network set up. Also your iPhone CAN use it.

Congrats on making the switch (hopefully)

Thanks

Well i assume hes looking for a Laptop for now.. So.. If i were him id just get a kick *** gaming laptop then save up for a Mac.
    EDM

Thanks

I love my Mac, if you game crossover will allow you to run them via virtualization, or boot camp for native speeds.
    Mac OS X is sooo much better then Windows, you'll love it.
    I would get an Macbook Pro at least, the Macbook is NOT A GAMING MACHINE. On board video card.
    If you want a real gaming Mac, in my opinion get a iMac because you can throw a 8800 in there.

macbook pros work pretty good as gaming laptops but there expensive as crap. Or get a old G4 or G5 powermac and get a replaced overclocked processor and a souped up graphics card and save some coin

if you are a serious gamer why are you buying a laptop to begin with, and macbook is a budget laptop. its not going to have the best hardware.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    if you are a serious gamer why are you buying a laptop to begin with, and macbook is a budget laptop. its not going to have the best hardware.
    Agreed.
    Apples taste good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

There's some nice games for Mac, but if you love games go with PC.

Thanks

I asked one question about gaming, get off that topic. Im not a big gamer, I might play once a week, lol. Im looking for overall quality and the ups and downs of it.

Thanks

overall? Mac rapes PC :P no hanging, waiting for so long on the start up screen, stylish look :P, faster uhmmmmm I dunno there's a lot of thing LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Atokadd View Post
    I asked one question about gaming, get off that topic. Im not a big gamer, I might play once a week, lol. Im looking for overall quality and the ups and downs of it.
    Well since your not running on a very large screen graphics should be pretty decent. As long as you get at least a 2.3Ghz duo and at least a gig of ram you should be set for a good gaming experience on mac or windows.

well computer parts are so cheap you can get 4 gig of ram for @$100 anyways. If you build a hackintosh you can get a 2nd hd and put windows on it and run it within mac with vmware. And if you needed the full power of your system for a particular game you can just reboot into windows directly.

Thanks

does the size of the screen ever annoy anyone?

Mine does. Have a 30inch cinema display. All my games are slow as crap. Currently have two nvidia's in SLI and a ATI x1900xt. I can get a decent rate with the sli in windows but I use the ati card for mac games

Thanks

Im talking on the 13.3'' display(Laptop). Doesn't it annoy anyone?

Thanks

Not at all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacLunatic View Post
    Not at all
    Thank you. A Real Answer. And thanks to anyone else who answered like this before ( This one really long post answering all of my topics, thanks to that one too )

Thanks

1. Yes, boot camp removes it.

2. Sometimes I miss a big screen, but you get used to it. You can always buy an external screen. Personally I use my Macbook for practically everything, and it goes everywhere with me so, it just starts to sink in. But I have my 17in MBP which is good to have around from time to time.

3. I'm 14 too, and well this was a gift, but you can always return it within 30days... I have no regrets its just it takes a bit to get used to mac controls. I used to be a PC fanatic until December 1, 2007.

4. Its just like a router except mobile and small. You still have to plug in the gigabit (or is it ethernet cord?) into it. So no, you can't just plug it into the wall and expect wifi.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Aiyo For This Useful Post:

Atokadd (2008-06-23)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast