Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Getting rid of MacBook for PC ..

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone cjvdh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pistolvania
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Getting rid of MacBook for PC ..
    Yeah so I dont know im looking for a change have been a mac user for awhile now Ive had PC's when I was younger but I dun know im just tired of looking on this little 13inch screen squinting to see ****. I mean its a very nice laptop just not something I want anymore.


    Anyone have any good suggestions on desktops ?
    C E E J A Y PRODUCTION'S

  2. #2
    Britney Spears of MMi Zeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 180 Times in 148 Posts

    You sir are a GOOD man! Welcome to the PC world!!!!

    Let me guess was it the Copy and Paste?

    Erm the Dell XPS is a good laptop if thats what youre looking for if you want a desktop just get a custom made its cheaper and better. My 2 cents
    EDM

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Bad idea. I use both and will always like the stability of my Mac. If you're tired of the 13" screen buy a 15 or 17" macbook pro. More expensive but will PWN a Dell XPS.

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,503
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 181 Times in 164 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cjvdh View Post
    Yeah so I dont know im looking for a change have been a mac user for awhile now Ive had PC's when I was younger but I dun know im just tired of looking on this little 13inch screen squinting to see ****. I mean its a very nice laptop just not something I want anymore.


    Anyone have any good suggestions on desktops ?

    I'm vice versa. Shopping for a Macbook Pro now.. Mac is the way to go now, especially when you can run PC on Mac now. Best of both world.

  6. #6
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids MI
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Mac is stable, but I would take a PC over it anyday... I just hate how macs are soo over priced... it's top of the line 100% but still it's still a computer.. I use a 500 dollar dell laptop and then two server desktops.. I would go with dell, they have the best prices for quality...

    theres just something about a pc that i love, the ability to gut the entire thing and scrap it together with more or less parts sometimes not even in a tower. I don't think i've ever taken my servers apart and not had either left over screws or not enough. but they still run i think chaos inspires creativity

  7. #7
    Britney Spears of MMi Zeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 180 Times in 148 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sn0ws View Post
    Mac is stable, but I would take a PC over it anyday... I just hate how macs are soo over priced... it's top of the line 100% but still it's still a computer.. I use a 500 dollar dell laptop and then two server desktops.. I would go with dell, they have the best prices for quality...

    theres just something about a pc that i love, the ability to gut the entire thing and scrap it together with more or less parts sometimes not even in a tower. I don't think i've ever taken my servers apart and not had either left over screws or not enough. but they still run i think chaos inspires creativity
    Is it the copy and paste?
    EDM

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeal For This Useful Post:

    sn0ws (2008-06-19)

  9. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,113
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 152 Times in 129 Posts

    Mac Book Air Rocks!

  10. #9
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    This thread is a kick in the but for the whole mac philosophy.


    lol
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-06-19 at 08:47 PM.

  11. #10
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids MI
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    it is the copy and paste. how am i supposed to write an essay without that? seriously

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0ws View Post
    it is the copy and paste. how am i supposed to write an essay without that? seriously

    apple + C and apple + V

    theyve had that function for probably over a decade now

  13. #12
    i have a suggestion, close the lid and use it to put your dinner on it.
    Modmyifone IRC Channel:- irc.moofspeak.net #modmyi

  14. #13
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids MI
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    thanks middi, but i'll stick with my pc. it's number 2. but i think it's better

  15. #14
    iPhone? More like MyPhone cjvdh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pistolvania
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts

    I dont know its just for what I need computer right MAC just really isnt the way to go. Its hard finding downloads for MACS and I own a photography buisness and im just sick of apple right now.


    Anyone know if the HP Phenom with the x64 is anygood desktop ?
    C E E J A Y PRODUCTION'S

  16. #15
    Wait... you own a photgraphy business? I have a Macbook and a frankenstien PC desktop, and I prefer the PC. But from what I've always seen/heard/whatever is that Mac is defiantely the way to go from Graphic Design, Photoshop, etc. Are you sure you want a PC, or are you just a little annoyed with your Mac at the momment? You don't want to regret the switch later. If you're strictly the business owner and don't deal with the photography piece of the business just ignore me altogether.

  17. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    Pc? ;/



  18. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the Bayou
    Posts
    143
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Interesting....I just purchased my first Mac yesterday....so long PC ( only needed for gaming )
    MacBook Pro 2.5
    4gb ram
    250gb HDD
    15.4"
    Can't wait to get it tommorrow!!

  19. #18
    iPhone? More like MyPhone cjvdh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pistolvania
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts

    Yeah just for what I need a computer for right now I think and windows based PC would be good for me right now. I just miss a really big monitor and just having windows features. Anyone have any good advice on a good desktop system looking only to spend like 600-700 + I need a monitor any suggestions PC users ?
    C E E J A Y PRODUCTION'S

  20. #19
    What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,535
    Thanks
    3,596
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cjvdh View Post
    Yeah just for what I need a computer for right now I think and windows based PC would be good for me right now. I just miss a really big monitor and just having windows features. Anyone have any good advice on a good desktop system looking only to spend like 600-700 + I need a monitor any suggestions PC users ?
    Check around on ebay and see what most are bidding on.... ;o)

    I converted to mac and will never go back.... who cares about gamming!

  21. #20
    Livin the iPhone Life Chase817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,459
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 92 Times in 65 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Let me guess was it the Copy and Paste?
    lol. you just press ctrl while clicking to copy and paste
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •