Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iCar: When VW met Apple

  1. #1
    Britney Spears of MMi Zeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 180 Times in 148 Posts

    Default iCar: When VW met Apple
    Last year it became known that Apple and Volkswagen were in talks about the possibility of building an "iCar" that would be upgraded with a series of products from the producer of the omnipresent iPod. We’re not entirely sure whether or not these images from the latest issue of Autobild magazine are the result of a photoshop artist or if they are the real deal (less possible), but the iCar depicted here, sure looks like something that could have resulted from the cooperation between the two companies. –Continued

    http://bp1.blogger.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/...pple_iCar2.jpg
    http://bp0.blogger.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/...pple_iCar1.jpg

    Taken from:iCar: When VW met Apple | Carscoop
    Last edited by Zeal; 2008-06-13 at 08:54 PM. Reason: ...
    EDM

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone wareagle5693's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Thats not real is it?

  3. #3
    looks more like something more like to go into SPACE with!
    or maybe everyone will need to go to drivers ed again to learn how to drive this new "iCar."

  4. #4
    Britney Spears of MMi Zeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 180 Times in 148 Posts

    Its a Concept but its nice.. Sorta... Too round for my taste
    EDM

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life Aiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    -heaven- San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,236
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 104 Times in 91 Posts

    lol

    If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

  6. #6
    Looks like something Apple would make..but still..kinda odd looking...

  7. #7
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    A few features on the iCar:

    > There would be five gears on the car, but Apple would only let you use three of them. iPod Touch users can upgrade to the full five for $70.

    > It would only be compatible on 10% of the total number roads in your country, and only half of of those roads will actually take you where you want. During this, Apple will still tell you that their roads hold far more advantages than the other 90%.

    > They'd leave out features like electric windows, power steering and air conditioning. During their keynote they'd bring up a picture of a Mercedes Benz that has all of these features, and then they would laugh at it, saying that it is obsolete and emphasizing the point that runs out of fuel faster.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-06-15 at 12:04 AM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

    ra3don (2008-06-14)

  9. #8
    There will be 3G VERSION of the icar out next year for those of you who want a little more speed.
    Modmyifone IRC Channel:- irc.moofspeak.net #modmyi

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMirc For This Useful Post:

    ra3don (2008-06-14)

  11. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    A few features on the iCar:

    > There would be five gears on the car, but Apple would only yet you use three of them. iPod Touch users can upgrade to the full five for $70.

    > It would only be compatible on 10% of the total number roads in your country, and only half of of those roads will actually take you where you want. During this, Apple will still tell you that their roads hold far more advantages than the other 90%.

    > They'd leave out features like electric windows, power steering and air conditioning. During their keynote they'd bring up a picture of a Mercedes Benz that has all of these features, and then the would laugh at it, saying that it is obsolete and emphasizing the point that runs out of fuel faster.
    haha well put. I like this.

  12. #10
    God forbid. If you need more gas you have to take it an apple service center as the gas isnt user replaceable without voiding the warranty

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty778 For This Useful Post:

    dale1v (2008-06-15)

  14. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    553
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 78 Times in 66 Posts

    lol rusty ^^
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

  15. #12
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rusty778 View Post
    God forbid. If you need more gas you have to take it an apple service center as the gas isnt user replaceable without voiding the warranty
    haha. You might as well buy a whole new car because iFuel would be so ridiculously expensive, even though it has no visible difference from normal fuel whatsoever.
    -__-
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-06-15 at 06:14 AM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •