Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WHat do u do for a living?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Acadian's Avatar
    Thanks

My regular job/profession is a Child and Youth Worker (Honors Grad) with the Government of Ontario. I work primarily with autistic children, teens and adults and others that have various behavioural disorders. I've been doing this for the past 23 years. I do this mostly on the weekends, running graveyard shift on Fridays and Saturdays.

My main full-time job through the week is running my own business doing professional web site design. I started my company in 2001 but first started doing web design back in 1996 as the Internet started to open up.

My second main full-time job is Mr. Mom, since I work at home. The wife and I have 4 kids, all daughters (7, 11, 14 and 17) that are all still in school. I'll be growing the web business soon and that will mean an office outside of the house so soon I can start to ease off on the Mr. Mom thing (but very glad I did it). I've been the stay-at-home-dad since 1992 while the wifey works full-time days in the same field.

Prior to all of this nonsense I was the lead guitarist of a Led Zeppelin tribute band out of Toronto. We played from 1980 (when Bonham died) until the booze and girlfriends split us up around 1988. Was a blast but I really don't play anymore. I still have all my gear, which includes 4 electrics, 3 acoustics and 1 mandolin. Other bands that we covered included Max Webster, Aerosmith, Genesis, Van Halen and Black Sabbath. For fun we did alot of blues jamming (along with being a huge Page fan, I was a BB King fan too).

I've also been a professional artist having owned my own business selling lithograph prints of my pointilism artwork that I started around 1990. I was riding a Harley in a motorcycle club back then (first of 2 clubs that I was a member of) and most of the prints were of various Harley's that I drew (vintage and new) and then once the art galleries started to pick up my work I started into the wildlife drawings to draw a larger crowd (the galleries loved the bikes but not many of their clientele were bikers...*lol*...so they wanted animals *lol even more*). But that's a hard business to break into, required tons of capital and then I gave it up after about 4 years (I still have thousands of prints...) when I was not breaking even to cover my printing and travelling costs.

So am I hired?

Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Interesting how many of us geeks are also musicians. Must be some sort of creativity thing I guess. Least I'll let my pride think that.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I am 38 yrs. old and have been a jeweler for 17 yrs.

Musicians are geeks

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    Musicians are geeks
    My 28 year old son called me a geek just the other day...

Thanks

I feel so ashamed.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

Thanks

Me too

I'm Proud to be a Geek

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    My 28 year old son called me a geek just the other day...
    My kids call me a geek all the time. I think it's the Rob Zombie that I crank up when I'm on the computer...
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

Yea, I think Geeks have come a long way.
    The stereotype has changed dramaticly.
    http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/image.php?u=73728&dateline=1180451458

Thanks

Yah now the geeks are cool. Well, in my mind... in reality its all the same, we just have more press.

Hey everyone! My name is Chad. I am a musician, but to pay the bills I am a patient coordinator for a pharmacutical company. I live in sunny Tampa, FL I am a producer as of late, but play guitar, drums, and am foremost a singer. You can check out my junk @ www.chadstonemusic.com or www.myspace.com/chadstone I spend my time on this iBook, and writing music, and WAITING FOR THE GLORIOUS iPHONE TO COME OUT!! Oh, and I know the guy who designed this thing. He a good guy, promote this site... peace

Chad

Welcome chad, glad to see another musician/geek here

Thanks

We can start our own band!
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

Thanks

Holla, here we come, Nashville....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ColsTiger View Post
    We can start our own band!
    Yeah, will be a mix between head bashing metal, blues, techno, country, military brass, rap, Nokia polyphonic ringtones, hip hop, Windows and Apple sound files and gospel...move over Zeppelin, the iPhonettes are coming through. I'll be the Pipe Major.

Quote Originally Posted by chadstonemusic.com View Post
    Hey everyone! My name is Chad. I am a musician, but to pay the bills I am a patient coordinator for a pharmacutical company. I live in sunny Tampa, FL I am a producer as of late, but play guitar, drums, and am foremost a singer. You can check out my junk @ www.chadstonemusic.com or www.myspace.com/chadstone I spend my time on this iBook, and writing music, and WAITING FOR THE GLORIOUS iPHONE TO COME OUT!! Oh, and I know the guy who designed this thing. He a good guy, promote this site... peace

Chad
    Oh and hi Chad, welcome to the site. Can you work a sound board?

Last edited by Acadian; 2007-06-12 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

Hey acadian. yeah I have been using a mackie digital 8 channel board to record with, but I just sold that and I am getting the new Mackie Onyx 1640, or the Carvin C3244. Cant decide yet. What are you on?

Chad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chadstonemusic.com View Post
    Hey acadian. yeah I have been using a mackie digital 8 channel board to record with, but I just sold that and I am getting the new Mackie Onyx 1640, or the Carvin C3244. Cant decide yet. What are you on?

Chad
    I just play lead guitar: 1 25th Anniversay Gibson Les Paul Custom, 1 Fender Strat, 1 Gibson SG double necker, 2 Yamaha acoustic 6 strings, one 12 string Yamaha acoustic, one Ibanez classical, and one no name mandolin all running out of a 100w Marshall piggy back amp. I also pack two sets of higland bagpipes for when the English get too close (one is a circa 1880 set of ivonry and blackwood Glenns and the other is a no name brand).

But sounds as though you'll do on the board. Now we need someone on lights and a few roadies. Then, the groupies will come...
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

Thanks

Nice bunch of guitars, Acadian! What color is your Strat? Mexi/Japanese/USA built? I have a Taylor 914ce and a whale blue PRS Custom 24 fret, which I play through a Vox AC-30. Fun times.

Lets get together, folks, and jam, and record it into our iPhones.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast