Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Who is Camping out for the 3G iPhone .... I am!

Thanks

there's no point in camping out.. Its just gonna be a regular day...

Thanks

Whats the point of getting the new iPhone first? And actually camping outside...

*Rips up man card*
    EDM

Default Can't Camp
    I have to wait till I am done with classes at 10:30 meaning I will be at the apple store at about 11:00 to wait in line. But I am going to wait for more information-about the whole activate in store thing.

I am off on Fridays, closest at&t store is like 20 mins away, same place i got my first iphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone cjvdh's Avatar
    Thanks

Im keeping my iPhone that I have now. No real biggy to me. I have everything I need on my iPhone right now what else do I need.
    C E E J A Y PRODUCTION'S

Thanks

I might...Probably will just go Saturday and pick it up....

They will be launching at AT&T stores too right? If so, I'll just go in and get one before work on July 11th...

Quote Originally Posted by chordmasta View Post
    3G is a huge step from edge! HUGE
    I wouldnt say that. My friend can pick up the 3G network on his phone and he cant even get it in dallas. So I dont know about that. Paying for it, and not being able to use it sucks.

My wife was able to get a very strong 3G signal in Dallas on her AT&T Blackjack II. I'm not sure how your friend doesn't get a 3G signal. He may want to try a different phone.

Here's AT&T's 3G coverage map for anyone wondering if upgrading their iPhone to 3G is a worthwhile endeavor.
    Select the "Data" option at the top of the map, and zoom in to your area. The darkest blue areas have 3G coverage.

AT&T Coverage Viewer
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPcadetJC View Post
    I wouldnt say that. My friend can pick up the 3G network on his phone and he cant even get it in dallas. So I dont know about that. Paying for it, and not being able to use it sucks.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I gotta agree with ARCHA1C, AT&T's 3G isnt like TMO's 3G its actually HSDPA which is extremely fast for a mobile device, my AT&T Tilt had it and everyone i used it i had coverage in the Philly area. It was quick enough i never had to use wifi on it, seriously. There are some AT&T phones that only support 3G and not HSDPA nor HSUPA so that could be the difference

I also expect a major expansion of 3G coverage by AT&T this year.

Apple and the iPhone have been a major driving force for AT&T's service progression. It's no coincidence that the iPhone 3G i being released just as AT&T gained FCC approval and beefed up it's 3G network.

AT&T is about to see a huge boom in 3G demand with the new iPhone price point, so the pressure will be on them to increase their 3G coverage.

I'm planning on having this phone for a while (until Apple releases the NEXT model iPhone anyhow) so even if I end up somewhere with sketchy 3G coverage, I'm confident that it will be there soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm going get one later in the day on the 11th but most likey not use it much considering it will be completely stock and unjailbreakable... and when it is jailbreakable there won't be any apps for it yet... so i'll just switch my SIM back and forth just for fun!

sticking with my 2g. im on tmobile, so no 3G and tomtom is coming out soon and so is locogps. what else do i need? plus my edge is not that bad for light surfing.

**oh and i can buy a black back housing and spray it with clear coat and i got my very own 3G iphone minus the 3G lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    sticking with my 2g. im on tmobile, so no 3G and tomtom is coming out soon and so is locogps. what else do i need? plus my edge is not that bad for light surfing.

**oh and i can buy a black back housing and spray it with clear coat and i got my very own 3G iphone minus the 3G lol.
    tomtom will only work on the new 3g phone
    im on tmo too but i think i found out a way to get one =) keep u posted

pavtube dvd to zune が大好きですよ。

There is 0 3G coverage near me, so no point to get one. I also want to wait until the first gen model is worth around $700, so that I can get one for me, and one for my gf.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

No Apps???
    What about the "APP STORE"?
    The apps that will be available witll be guaranteed 100% compatible and working, and as reported, us much as 70% of Apps will be free.
    Sligbox has already got a alpha slingplayer running on the iPhone, and that app will probably be free in hopes that people will buy a sligbox to use with it...

Everyone expects the talented App creators that've been working so hard for the jailbroken masses to submit their apps to Apple. They can charge a small fee ($2.99 is the believed average price for most pay apps on the App store) and it will be distributed via iTunes.
    Any team that has been developing apps for jailbroken iPhones would be foolish not to jump on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'm going get one later in the day on the 11th but most likey not use it much considering it will be completely stock and unjailbreakable... and when it is jailbreakable there won't be any apps for it yet... so i'll just switch my SIM back and forth just for fun!

I'll be standing on the side entertaining everyone and laughing at them for standing in line for a crappy phone with no upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy007 View Post
    I'll be standing on the side entertaining everyone and laughing at them for standing in line for a crappy phone with no upgrades.
    I'll be the one taking pictures of the clown-

Wow... this guy must have joined just to throw some hate at the forum... I'm gonna start taking notes. I hope to be that cool some day.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy007 View Post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast