Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I buy the iphone? good alternatives?

Question Should I buy the iphone? good alternatives?
    I plan on wishing for an iphone for christmas, but with the 3g one rolling out next year, i dont really wanna be stuck with edge. It would be nice if someone could help me outh with this. Also what od u guys think would be a good alternative for the iphone, i was looking at the bb curve, and it looks pretty slick.

Thanks so much
    Last edited by eleclipper; 2007-11-29 at 11:26 PM.

You're asking this on an iphone forum? Ok then...

Nokia E90 communicator.

Thanks

I don't mind EDGE, its not as bad as people say, especially when in school, i just turn the phone off and it loads up the page

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't mind EDGE, its not as bad as people say, especially when in school, i just turn the phone off and it loads up the page
    pshhh who needs EDGE in school when you stole your computer programming teacher's zip drive and got the wifi passwords for all the hidden networks!?!?!

anyway edge does sorta blow but its great for browsing low requirement pages for entertainment or pages made for the iphone while in the car or something...pretty much all the other time there's wifi around
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

plus when the 3g comes out wont u be able to upgrade that via itunes?? im prolly wrong though.. thats what i was told buy att sales rep though..

agreed, edge isnt that bad.

the iPhone has a slicker interface than anything else you're going to find. BBs have expensive data plans and the curve doesn't have a touchscreen.

It depends on if you want a phone or a phone and a half.

If you have a decent phone already... you can always purchse an iTouch whilst waiting for the new 3G iPhone to come out

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    pshhh who needs EDGE in school when you stole your computer programming teacher's zip drive and got the wifi passwords for all the hidden networks!?!?!

anyway edge does sorta blow but its great for browsing low requirement pages for entertainment or pages made for the iphone while in the car or something...pretty much all the other time there's wifi around
    thats genius...im gunna try that ....but i have had EDGE all my life with T-Mobile and its not bad AT ALL.....at least for me,my pages load within 5-15 seconds. Plus....next year 3G will be old cuz they are coming out with 10G (rumors have said this...and even if 10G doesn't come out 3G will be out dated by next year) ....so don't count on 3G being the desicion maker for when u get ur iPhone

I think you should buy my iphone that i have for sale .
    I think the phone is awsome , I love the video features
    Robert C ( aka ) Newb with a Iphone

EDGE is not that bad IMHO. If you can wait, then get a cheapo free phone. But I like my iPhone in its present state
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2007-11-30 at 08:39 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XUSCBallx View Post
    plus when the 3g comes out wont u be able to upgrade that via itunes?? im prolly wrong though.. thats what i was told buy att sales rep though..
    no you cant upgrade to 3g its hardware not software. i am guessing that 3g will kill the battery on the iphone. i read someone post on here that this is why they didnt put it in this one. i dont really use 3g i am nearly always near wifi so not essential personally.

I'd wait if you really want the 3g functionality. I think it's highly unlikely that will be the only improvement in a second gen to. You might see things like a 16gb version, a better speaker or the implementation of a second speaker, and improved construction standards. Those improvements don't seem like they'd be much of a stretch at all to me. The first two are extremely common desires, and the touch pod illustrates the ability to go 16gb. The last may just be an issue I have. My antenna cover always felt extremely loose, and my screen is poorly aligned, so the right side has a space between it and the chrome that is a dust magnet.

As far as alternatives go, I played with a Tilt a little the other day, and I liked it. That's on my xmas list, as I'm a gadget freak and typically switch between multiple phones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post

You my friend are a God among Men.

get it its worth it but iam biased

The main reason I love it is due to the homebrew scene always something new always on the look for updates

If the iPhone was locked and no 3d party apps came I prob would like it at 1st then grow bored

Iphone rocks. All im missing is the slingbox app that will come (hopefully) with the sdk release.

I love how he posts this question, but hasn't returned...Haha. iPhone FTW!

Reako

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post

Reako
    Haha I know

i think the edge is fine... if that's what is holding you back, don't let it!

I say that you should buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post

Reako
    Lol don't worry i have been checking this thread, and it looks iphone is the fav and i won't wait, iPhone for christmas!!!.

Thanks guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast