Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this good news or what?

Default Is this good news or what?
    Hey guys, check what Verizon is gonna be doing starting next year!

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/8647

Thanks

Good, but still iPhone won't run on it, unless you replace some chips to make it CDMA, though im sure no one wants verizon that much.

If I am correct doesn't Verizon offer a sim service for some of there Blackberry's and some other phones for international use.

I've also read that Vodafone (which owns majority of VZW) will be trying to get verizon to implement GSM phones in the US market (That is, GSM w/ SIM card tech). I don't understand why VZW doesn't utilize this market. It would be HUGE. They have such a large network, and consumers that don't give a crap if they replace the UI on the mobiles completely and control it like a drill sergeant. They drink the Kool-aide (well a lot that I've talked to) on a daily basis. lol.

So by allowing consumers to bring their own equipment, they are opening doors, while closing a few as well. How are they going to commit the guy that doesn't want to commit to a 1-2 year agreement (because he brought his own equipment)? The whole 'Free' phone tactic wouldn't work. Unless of course, they just tell him that his equipment won't work lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by comnwealth View Post
    If I am correct doesn't Verizon offer a sim service for some of there Blackberry's and some other phones for international use.
    They do. When traveling you would simply purchase a local SIM and use the phone. How many times does it need to be stated that Verizon Wireless in the US is a CDMA carrier. NO GSM PHONE WILL WORK ON THEIR NETWORK. That includes the iPhone. Unfortunately in the US ATT and Tmobile are your only choices besides smaller regional carriers like SunCom and the like.

honestly if verizon doesn't do GSM phones then its a waste of time. Any "good" phone that verizon has can pretty much be found on sprint. Also you can just buy a sprint phone unlocked and use it. I was so excited because I was on verizon them switched to tmobile for the iPhone. I would switch back to verizon in a heartbeat if they supported GSM. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They haven't said no, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    honestly if verizon doesn't do GSM phones then its a waste of time. Any "good" phone that verizon has can pretty much be found on sprint. Also you can just buy a sprint phone unlocked and use it. I was so excited because I was on verizon them switched to tmobile for the iPhone. I would switch back to verizon in a heartbeat if they supported GSM. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They haven't said no, yet.
    Other than the fact that their existing network is CDMA, not GSM. So unless they plan to roll out an entirely new network for a different technology you will not see GSM phones on Verizon's network.

Banned
    Thanks

pretty cool....doesn't effect me cuz i will have T-Mobile for the rest of my life, but pretty cool

Doesn't Verizon already have a few SIMs available for the blackberrys?

I myself live in vermont and i am limited to either verizon or sprint. So no iPhone for me for a while. At least i have an ipod touch. I was thinking about taping my phone to the back of my ipod just for kicks =]