Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Good Bye iPhone Community

Default Good Bye iPhone Community
    As I flick through all my apps on my jailbroken iPhone i am constantly interrupted by awkward warnings of expiration dates, demos, and basically having to pay for a lot of apps now-a-days. lamentably I am sick of this, and the way I see it is I rather pay apple the money... after all they seem to make stuff that works, (saddly not the case of alot of apps) and so i am going back to apple firmware not because I have some hate towards modding or anything of the sort I simply do not want to pay for apps that run on mods.

Hopefully not all apps will turn their eyes to $$$$ and maybe modding the iphone will survive the APP Store until then ...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Pay for "a lot of apps"? Are you kidding me? Less than 1% of all apps written you have to pay for and many of these it's a voluntary donation. You will be very disappointed going back to stock and be right back on these forums within a month.

well 2.0 is 3 days away .... i dont think ill be back in a month if apple came through

ohh and also thats because 99% of the apps now are crap
    Last edited by Shambles0; 2008-06-06 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Read this and then tell me what you think about apple "coming through" with AppStore

iPhone News & Review Blog Archive Apps Not Possible on SDK

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

What Are You Paying For ? I Have Everything For Free Bro.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you'll be back. after you realize apple and all the cool stuff you think u want cost real money, and not donations or small weird amounts.

and after appstore comes out, it'll change the way and amount people charge now depending on how apple address this situation. we will all see
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

Are you sure that's the reason why you're leaving?

well i am going to spain in 2 days without a laptop or guaranteed wifi so if anything goes wrong i am stuck (edge would be expensive since its roaming) i just dont want anything to go wrong and while im gone apple will move a lot of stuff around so I'll see if apple does not come through I will apologize until then I m, gonna be safe

Thanks

he'll be back...

This reminds me of a thousand examples of someone who broadcasted something merely for the attention of it. The guy with the horse, who refuses to buy another gallon of gas, or even the degenerate, who refuses to take another shower.

Truth of the matter is, AppStore is going to be a HUGE dissappointment to anyone who has jailbroken their device. That's the simple, sorry truth of it. I'd love to think that Apple might really come through and offer third party apps that will enable me to do all I'd love to do and more, but their own rules prevent that prospect from becoming a reality.

You'll be back, and not within the month the others speculate, but within a fair few days. When you do come back, I hope you'll admit the sheer spectacle of this thread, apologizing in the process. You might find it difficult to obtain help after you've sworn off the very thing we support and love.

Cheers,
    "If it doesnt work as intended, try pressing the buttons a little harder."

-Kvisions

The simple fact that you are flagrantly complaining about paying for applications that countless hours, and momentous efforts went into creating, simply baffles me.

Furthermore, have a blast with the unmodded firmwares. By leaving, you hurt nobody but yourself. Whether you care admit it here or not, when you realize what you're losing, you will stray back to this community without a doubt.
    i r brando

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I can say only one thing- lol... Why do u think,that 99% of apps are crap?

Thanks

See you next week.
    I don't get why people complain about paying for software, the developer spent a lot of time on that and they have the right to charge if they choose.

So he is saying that all apps should be free because he doesn't want to pay for someones hard earned work? Why don't you make an app and devote all your time, energy, and sometimes money into it and then tell me that you don't want at least a little money for it. It always seems like that the only people that pay for the app are the ones that truly appreciate the work that went into it.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys,take it easy,lol .... He will come next week...

Last edited by Shambles0; 2008-06-06 at 07:37 PM.

I paid for the good apps and it was well worth it. You need at least some faith. And why make a thread saying your leaving just to get feedback on paid apps. Why not make a "What do you think about paying for apps" thread.

ok when i say crap i mean that most of the apps anyone downloads are too often show offs that u dont really use and u never open again, second i am not doing this for attention i just wanted some feedback on the app pricing and how the release of 2.0 will affect people in the iphone modding community, and third I believe you can charge whatever you want for your work and I actually support it, I just have to wonder if these companies and developers are for real I dont want to pay for a project to get cut off or suspended eventually not to mention having to pay for something now and again when it is released through the app store

well it seemed to get a little attention correct?
    Last edited by Shambles0; 2008-06-06 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Then make a new thread stating all your questions

well im sorta done with the questions for now everyone seemed eager to respond (sometimes quite harshly) and I really dont think i new to make a new thread but thanks and.. see u in a week I guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast