Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please have some patience.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Please have some patience.....
    I have been reading along for a while now and posting when I can. I have noticed lately that a lot of users are really snapping at the new people and being down right rude to them. I understand that they ask the same question over and over, and it is frustrating. Should they use the Search tool, ABSOLUTELY, but I don't see the need to snap at them and treat them as if they are stupid. I understand that some of you are iphone hacker kings (and queens), and some of these questions are just ridiculous to you, but to someone just starting out, they are legitimate questions. They are turning to you to help them, and you are basically chasing them away. Please remember that once upon a time, you were a newbie too and you had to learn as well. Come on, it's the holidays, spread the cheer and your knowledge!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jodiedicie For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (2007-11-27), opusandbill (2007-11-27), ucim2cute (2007-11-28)

Thanks

Amen!

I second that when i got here i had no idea what was what not that i do now but thats besides the point but yes thats true we should be a little nicer to the newer people it takes the same energy to answer the question they are asking

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thebambino For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (2007-11-28)

Thanks

Wow.

Fair comment, lol.

...I sense that this might turn into a long thread...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (2007-11-28), ucim2cute (2007-11-28)

word
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to makesmoves For This Useful Post:

I don't see the use of this. Nobody will change about it. Patience isn't an acquired skill, it's gentic or even homegrown.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Freshboiii For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2007-11-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope it doesn't turn into a long thread, it was not my intention to upset anyone. I have been receiving a lot of PM's lately from new people asking questions and I usually just point them in the right direction and they are grateful for that. "Look it up" or "Are you that stupid?" is not helpful. If you point them in the right direction, the next time they will know where to look. Poetic_folly usually posts a link to what they are looking for and I think that is very helpful. By no means am I saying that the new people should not learn how to use this site, they absolutely should, the first thing they need to do is "READ THIS" at the top and then use the Search tool and post in the correct forums (or they will hear from Cash)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jodiedicie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jodiedicie View Post
    I hope it doesn't turn into a long thread, it was not my intention to upset anyone. I have been receiving a lot of PM's lately from new people asking questions and I usually just point them in the right direction and they are grateful for that. "Look it up" or "Are you that stupid?" is not helpful. If you point them in the right direction, the next time they will know where to look. Poetic_folly usually posts a link to what they are looking for and I think that is very helpful. By no means am I saying that the new people should not learn how to use this site, they absolutely should, the first thing they need to do is "READ THIS" at the top and then use the Search tool and post in the correct forums (or they will hear from Cash)
    You have NO idea how many people I help in a daily basis. I had to empty my PM box, twice yesterday.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Freshboiii For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2007-11-28)

Thanks

Most of the PMs I have received have been really really stupid and hard to understand, so they get ignored

This is always a on going fight on every forum. Like some have already said before it's all about the people, some are more friendly then others, and some just think they are elite. There is always a starting point for everything, just remember, you "elites" where once "newbs" at one point and need alittle help along the way also.

Being a newer member myself, Thanks to everyone who has helped me already, and replied to my post, and when I have a answer or can give input to other questions, I will also do so.

"A community is a social group of organisms sharing an environment, normally with shared interests. In human communities, intent, belief, resources, preferences, needs, risks and a number of other conditions may be present and common, affecting the identity of the participants and their degree of cohesiveness."

There might be less threads if there was a Common Problems section. I've only recently come to this website and at first i was very confused as to where to go for my problems. I believe i have learned all i need to in the past week. There are rarely any posts on this forum compared to others while the number of people "viewing" is constantly over 300. This just shows that people are reluctant to post anything because when they do people become assholes. Simplify the forum, thats my opinion.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to runningwild For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2007-11-28)

Can someone tell me how to unlock my OTB 1.1.2???? Just kidding!!!! Come on guys, be nice to the little people...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DarwinThorne For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2007-11-28)

Thanks

Right On.....we Were All Stupid Until We Asked Questions.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to stlcaddie For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2007-11-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freshboiii View Post
    You have NO idea how many people I help in a daily basis. I had to empty my PM box, twice yesterday.
    Wow i get no pm's.....
    I don't mind much answering repeated questions, but when there are 8 threads on page 1 relating to your question, and you still post a new thread with the SAME QUESTION like OTB 1.1.2, that annoys me to no end.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (2007-11-28)

Thanks

there should maybe be a rule where you have to be registered for a week before you can start a new thread.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Thanks

Hay Guise Whats Going On In Dis Thread?
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."