Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Barack Obama

Thanks

The main point of this thread is a discussion on politics, or so I thought. I'm not sure why my bro, jealous soul, attacked MMi like that...

What was you point, iPie?

EDIT: Never did I say he was "partially" Muslim; I said he had Muslim connections. Why yes, I do actually understand the fundamental differences between Islam and Chiristianity. Thanks for asking. Again, I was simply stating a fact, nothing more, nothing less. Muslim connections, that's all. It obviously offended you, therefore I apologize.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 2008-06-06 at 09:48 PM.

The ignorance/closet racism in here reeks to high heaven. Seriously, educate yourself about the political process or stop posting.

Ambitious? Yeah, cause being the presumptive nominee as a minority isn't a feat, he must be a little ambitious to think he'll win come November.

Muslim? Seriously are you people even studying the **** you spew?

Can't believe there's still people out there who think watching cable news will keep you informed. Wow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    The main point of this thread is a discussion on politics, or so I thought. I'm not sure why my bro, jealous soul, attacked MMi like that...

What was you point, iPie?

EDIT: Never did I say he was "partially" Muslim; I said he had Muslim connections. Why yes, I do actually understand the fundamental differences between Islam and Chiristianity. Thanks for asking. Again, I was simply stating a fact, nothing more, nothing less. Muslim connections, that's all. It obviously offended you, therefore I apologize.

Have a nice day.
    You said "I don't believe he is fully Muslim" which would imply that he is "partially Muslim." His lackluster attitude towards the "country's beliefs?" Could you please elaborate a little further?

So by your view of "Muslim connections," because I know a few people that are Muslim, does that mean I support terrorism?

Thanks

The political process? This has absolutely nothing to do with the political process.

Do you read? I'm not trying to be an ***, but I did not say he was Muslim. He HAS Muslim connections, it's undeniable. Do I think this is some master scheme of terrorism? No. Nor am I a racist, on another note. I simply do not think the country is ready for a Muslim leader, especially not one with the beliefs of Obama, who will not even face the flag during the national anthem; but that is another point in total.

EDIT: You got me, I can admit it, that "fully" was a bad choice of vocabulary. I meant he supposedly does not subscribe to Islamic beliefs, however I was indicating his connections. As for the country's beliefs, I'll throw out a broad one... The national anthem example again. "United" States. I'm sure you've heard the saying "united we stand, divided we fall." He should be supporting the country, not fighting against it.

I respect that he doesn't like something, OK, and he's out to do something about it. Turning away from America will accomplish nothing... Unity is key.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 2008-06-06 at 09:58 PM.

I really dont see why everyone hates bush so much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    The political process? This has absolutely nothing to do with the political process.

Do you read? I'm not trying to be an ***, but I did not say he was Muslim. He HAS Muslim connections, it's undeniable. Do I think this is some master scheme of terrorism? No. Nor am I a racist, on another note. I simply do not think the country is ready for a Muslim leader, especially not one with the beliefs of Obama, who will not even face the flag during the national anthem; but that is another point in total.
    You keep saying Muslim leader....as if he is a Muslim....you need to realize that he is in fact not a Muslim so it nullifies your argument of "this country is not ready for a Muslim leader" (on that point I would agree with you, but Obama is NOT a Muslim).

Thanks

Okay, we're now having a mature disagreement, fantastic. Thank you for being so mature.

First of all, nickmc01, people dislike George W. Bush because of some of his decisions, and they need someone to blame for everything, in short.

Jealous- I believe that he was Muslim at one point, another "connection", if you will. His ties to the nation that is Islam are what I feel the nation is most likely not ready for. He downplays the fact that the Muslim religion was (or is) a part of his life, in one way or another, because I'm sure he knows as well as the next dude that the country isn't ready for a Muslim leader, to sum up that statement.

Thanks

He was not Muslim at one point. Excuse me for actually quoting wikipedia, but the quote comes from Obama's book:

In The Audacity of Hope, Obama writes that he "was not raised in a religious household." He describes his mother, raised by non-religious parents, as detached from religion, yet "in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I have ever known." He describes his Kenyan father as "raised a Muslim," but a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met, and his Indonesian stepfather as "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful." In the book, Obama explains how, through working with black churches as a community organizer while in his twenties, he came to understand "the power of the African-American religious tradition to spur social change."

I know I'm not going to convince you otherwise (or even to consider voting for him haha) but I would not worry about any ties to the nation of Islam.

My problem with McCain is that he can't stand firm on a policy, and he can't offer solid ideas to move the country forward. He was ready to desert the republicans just a few years ago to become Kerry's running mate. How quickly things like this are forgotten...He hardly seems like a candidate that can diplomatically deal with the world's and our nation's current problems with wars, economic polices, and social policies. I come from a military family (My father was a high ranking officer in the Air Force, I have been involved with the AF, I have numerous cousins/friends still in the Navy and Marines, and my Uncle is still serving in the Army). We have ALWAYS voted republican....but no one is going to this time around, they are actually supporting Obama.

Also, check out this snopes article: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Note that it says he was never Muslim.
    Last edited by jealous soul; 2008-06-06 at 10:14 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone my2AWDgst's Avatar
    Thanks

Like...yeah
    DSM fan
    ...16GB 3G Iphone...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

jealous soul, how many speaches have you sat thru to be this much under his spell of garbage.

travel across country regularly to sit thru his speaches? the man can talk, big deal. he knows what to say, to a country falling so hard, they'd believe anything. "change", him becoming president, would seriously big the biggest change in US history, and prolly the only thing he could change, if he became president.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    jealous soul, how many speaches have you sat thru to be this much under his spell of garbage.

travel across country regularly to sit thru his speaches? the man can talk, big deal. he knows what to say, to a country falling so hard, they'd believe anything. "change", him becoming president, would seriously big the biggest change in US history, and prolly the only thing he could change, if he became president.
    I've never been to one of his public speeches, and I have only read transcripts of them. Smirkis, who do you support, and why?

Thanks

My problem with McCain is that he can't stand firm on a policy, and he can't offer solid ideas to move the country forward. He was ready to desert the republicans just a few years ago to become Kerry's running mate. How quickly things like this are forgotten...He hardly seems like a candidate that can diplomatically deal with the world's and our nation's current problems with wars, economic polices, and social policies."

Agreed. But I digress.

Of course he's going to downplay his connections to Islam in his own book... I just have feelings about that kind of thing, as do many other Americans. I've heard many discussions of his Muslim ties, and it's just not something some people feel comfortable with. There is a lot of debate as to his relations with Muslims as well as his own beliefs, which is why we are having this discussion right now.

Am I a flaming racist, such as the kid with 9 posts accused me of? No, come on now.
    Do I want to know the full story, which we may never know? Of course.

In conclusion, I'm sorry for any feathers I may have ruffled in this discussion. Hopefully no one takes it personally.

Thanks

I usually come off as a jackass so I apologize. I get really miffed when I hear the rumors of Obama being a "secret Black Panther" in disguise or an "agent for the nation of Islam." These rumors start from people that are scared of anything that they aren't used to. Of course he will "downplay" these things in his book, but honestly, these claims are getting ridiculous. If we're going to scrutinize Obama for being associated with Muslims, then McCain can't get a free pass for SEEKING OUT the endorsement of a fundamentalist pastor who spews more hate for America than I have ever heard in recent years.

Isn't that what he would be wanting to do, as a "muslim". To deceive us and tell us that he is not a "muslim'. That way we would listen to him and fall for it ? That would mean that he would just need you to believe his lies ! Just because it is written somewhere that he was not and is not a "muslim" doesnt make it true ! Only he (Barack Obama) would know the truth !

I think that no matter who is running the country, (obama, clinton, mccain) its going to be bad. They are all terrible. We didn't really get any good candidates to choose from.

Thanks

(At Jealous) ^For realz. Which is why I'm not a huge McCain fan either...

It's just that there seems to be no real evidence from Obama's past as to whether he was a Muslim or practiced Islam or was a raised Christian or what not, and there are conflicting reports from everywhere, including all the biased trashy news. (That goes both ways).

I feel that there may be more of a connection to Islam than he allows people to know about, which, as previously stated, does not make him a terrorist, it's just somewhat sketchy. I simply want to know the whole story and have him either admit his connections or be completely cleared so the topic can be uncovered.

EDIT: Jedi- We had Romney, but he had to drop out. Clinton's out, by the way. If she gets Obama's VP slot, I don't know what will happen... But yeah, I agree.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 2008-06-06 at 10:44 PM.

Thanks

The thing that bothers me is that most people are scared of him because of his name. Give me a break.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    I think that no matter who is running the country, (obama, clinton, mccain) its going to be bad. They are all terrible. We didn't really get any good candidates to choose from.
    this is what i support...

why? because i feel the same way he does about whos running for president. could i do better? of course not. but jus cuz there running for president, does not mean i needa support them or what they wanna do for us as a country

ron paul baby lol, but i have my reasons
    Last edited by smirkis; 2008-06-06 at 11:31 PM.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Obama's muslin "connection" are no different to anyone else who is open to other religions. You're honestly telling me that having such a close knowledge of another religion ISN'T an advantage when dealing with the middle east and other muslin countries? Because I think it's a damn clear advantage over McCain.

2nd, you can't give him flak for whatever "muslin" crap then at the same time give him crap for the whole Wright/church scandal. I mean, this guy has been attacked from every possible angle (even angles that contradict each other) and he's come out on top. He's not a great speaker. He's an incredible speaker. People saying that's all he's good for don't seem to really care much for politics.

Finally, I think everyone needs to understand this: To me, a candidate isn't much more than a vessel for your belief and choices. I've researched on what I want / don't want in this country, the issues that run a campaign (gun control, pro-choice/life, iraq, economy, gas) and chose my candidate based on THAT. I don't choose who to vote for because of the color of one's skin, their religion, or ability to speak. I choose because I want that person to represent and fight for what I want of America.

A lot of people (Clinton supporters) are angry at the turnout of the convention and it baffles me listening to some say that will vote for McCain in November. Are you people serious? He's the entire polar opposite of Hillary! That's the one thing I liked about the democratic primary, both candidates were so similar in issues I could honestly understand how close the race was.

But seriously, regardless of all the crap you read on e-mails, news, take your time to research on the issues and the future of this country before making a choice. Because in the end, the future of this countries is based on that choice, it's your right and privilege to have a say where we all go, so make sure that when you choose, you know what you choose. So don't let anyone else make the choice for you.

^ Amen. I hate that, and all the muslim crap. I mean c'mon, all this conspiracy theory garbage just makes Americans look like slack jawed yokels. I'm not a Obama supporter, but gimme a break.

"Operation Chaos" did make me laugh though.

Out of the two left, McCain is obviously more qualified. Obama is just too idealistic. It seems as if he has no grip on reality. It's pretty bad when a Clinton is considered more moderate than you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast