Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stop Auto Text Alerts 110-410-0000

Angry Stop Auto Text Alerts 110-410-0000
    I dont know how I signed up for it but about three years ago i started getting score updates for college footbal and college basketball. I think the texts are set up through AOL Instant Messager but i'm not sure. The number they come from is 1(110) 410-0000. I cant get them to stop coming to my phone and they are wasting my text messages. I have tried replying with "stop" "cancel" "unsubscribe" "quit" and many others but none have stopped them yet.

When i googled this issue i saw a lot of other people were trying to resolve it but to no avail.

I called AT&T but they say that there is nothing they can do and they only suggest that i try signing in AIM and cancelling them, if thats where they are from, but i havent been able to find any setting for that.

If anyone can help please reply...

Edit: ok so after 10 total calls and about 5 hours wasted time I just ended up switching my phone number. It was pretty cool how they did it in like 10 seconds over the phone. It wasn't cool how the ignorant reps couldn't just block the phone number or prevent it from sending me texts...
    thanks for the help jjgsxr883
    Last edited by Hackme; 2007-11-26 at 05:01 AM.

Thanks

att should be able to track that # down ..and thay should be able to tell you where its comming from!!!just had todo this with some rintone crap that my girl tried ...lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

Hackme (2007-11-26)