Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: World of Warcraft...

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default World of Warcraft...
    I just bought it today at best buy for 9.99.
    anyone else here play it?
    my brother plays it and is always talking about it. I finally cracked and bought it.
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK northwest
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    dont play it!! we wont see you round here again for a while lol, but seiously them games are way to addictive. i used to play diablo 2 and that was bad enough. i havent bothered playing WOW as i have lost to many a friend already to it

  3. #3
    yeh... rofl.. don't install it nor play it!

    We like you, don't play!

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK northwest
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    o no!! i think we ve lost him!! offline!! o well, he was a good man, a polite man that thanked many people.....

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    i know its addictive! thats why im kinda scared to play it
    but i also know hot girls play WoW too. D:
    and thats my WEAKNESS
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK northwest
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    you ve come back to us!! well it will take up all your spare time and then itll bite into your work time, revision time, sleep time, life time!! play with caution

  7. #7
    Depends on your definition of "hot" but, dont be surprised if you find more "normal" girls than "hot" girls.

    Nothing wrong with normal, but, there are few girls who play WoW that are extremely good looking.

    On that point, just dont play... I lost a friend for almost two years, and its really sad how hard it was to even get a hold of the guy... you had to tie him up to get him to leave the house... and even if you didnt go out... he would just stay glued to his monitor, and ignore what we were doing.

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    well see im already an insomniac from this site and myspace. so it wouldnt damage much.
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

  9. #9

  10. #10
    I play it. Run a guild on Argent Dawn and yes, the game can be horribly addicting. There's always so much to do and the latest patch added ton of new content, and made leveling so easy.

    PS: don't play a hunter, just don't.
    PPS: don't get addicted, seriously. You can enjoy the game without playing it 24/7
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2007-11-24 at 02:39 AM.

  11. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    so should i just take my receipt and return this game of darkness?
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

  12. #12
    No, its genuinely a great game.

  13. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    i just dont want my brother saying "I TOLD YOU IT WAS GOOD!"
    cuz i give him crap about having dreams with WoW type parts.
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

  14. #14
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Cody Overcash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,920
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneHero View Post
    i just dont want my brother saying "I TOLD YOU IT WAS GOOD!"
    cuz i give him crap about having dreams with WoW type parts.
    I don't need to say anything. That right there speaks for itself. Ever watch South Park? Do you really want to end up like Stan, Cartman, Kyle, and Kenny?

    I thought not, get rid of the game as quickly as possible . . . of course I have never played it, and never will, I just have run into a few people that do . . . during their short crawls out of their basements.

  15. #15
    Yeah, because we're all basement dwelling, red bull drinking, hot pocket eating, anti-socials freaks that live our lives through the game.

    While sadly there are people like that out there, there are just the visual minority. You never hear of all the people who have fun with the game and mantain their normal lives because they don't bring attention to themselves.

    World of Warcraft is no different than any other game or hobby. As long as you mantain control of the time you spend on it, its as fun as anything out there. Hell, it can be even more fun than some of the current crap that comes out. It doesn't have 9 million subscribers because its bad. As for the dreaming comment, you're going to honestly tell me you've never dreamed of something you've done and enjoy? A boat trip, a good movie, a special someone, a hobby? How's a video game any different?

    Giving advice and throwing opinions about something you've never tried is a ignorant in my own worthless opinion. But what do I know, I play WoW which means I'm late on my weekly hot pocket quota, to the kitchen!

    Edit; oh hey, I didn't notice who I was replying too, please don't ban me I just get a bit ircked to get thrown into a stereotype that only describes a minority of the people playing
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2007-11-24 at 04:02 AM.

  16. #16
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Cody Overcash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,920
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

    oh I don't want to join the addiction, and I'm sure there are many people out there that can balance the game and their lives, but there is no denying that many people get sucked in and revolve their lives around the game.

    The problem with stereotypes is that while there may be many exceptions, there is truth to them or they would never exist in the first place

  17. #17
    Default how you crack it?
    i have WOW the burning crusade installed in my computer
    but i cannot play it because i have downloaded this game from usenext
    server all the main problem is i have no account to play it. how you did it
    can you tell me : flease

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I play it. Run a guild on Argent Dawn and yes, the game can be horribly addicting. There's always so much to do and the latest patch added ton of new content, and made leveling so easy.

    PS: don't play a hunter, just don't.
    PPS: don't get addicted, seriously. You can enjoy the game without playing it 24/7
    Leveling was easy to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Yeah, because we're all basement dwelling, red bull drinking, hot pocket eating, anti-socials freaks that live our lives through the game.

    While sadly there are people like that out there, there are just the visual minority. You never hear of all the people who have fun with the game and mantain their normal lives because they don't bring attention to themselves.

    World of Warcraft is no different than any other game or hobby. As long as you mantain control of the time you spend on it, its as fun as anything out there. Hell, it can be even more fun than some of the current crap that comes out. It doesn't have 9 million subscribers because its bad. As for the dreaming comment, you're going to honestly tell me you've never dreamed of something you've done and enjoy? A boat trip, a good movie, a special someone, a hobby? How's a video game any different?

    Giving advice and throwing opinions about something you've never tried is a ignorant in my own worthless opinion. But what do I know, I play WoW which means I'm late on my weekly hot pocket quota, to the kitchen!

    Edit; oh hey, I didn't notice who I was replying too, please don't ban me I just get a bit ircked to get thrown into a stereotype that only describes a minority of the people playing
    I played for two years. I know everything you are talking about. I have also played just about every single MMO thats on the market right now.

    However, what you fail to tell people is that its addictiveness is dangerous, I have many other hobbies, none that pulled me in and took up my time quite as much as WoW (or any other MMORPG)... MMORPGs are highly addictive, they should come with warnings on the boxes (kinda kidding).

    I had a friend (not the same from my previous post) who had never played WoW and vowed never to do so (NERDS! he told us)... he got a copy, cause everyone else (myself and others) kept talking about it... next thing you know, he misses a day of work... then another.... then he doesnt show up for a week of work. This is a man with incredible self control and high reasoning skills. He finally quit after a month and a half when he started to realize how much it was effecting him, most people dont find that out for a couple months or maybe even a year or so.

    Its highly dangerous, and anyone, ANYONE who cant control their time or hobbies should be very wary of anything like this, and its not just WoW... its all MMORPGs.

    The reason I say WoW is worse than other MMOs is because of its easy nature... before MMOs were too complicated for most people, and the install base was A LOT smaller than it was. Now, Blizzard has made so easy, that anyone can get into it.... well now there are 9 million people playing and more than half of those people are addicted a little more than they think.

    Anyway, this thread probably wont go well... lots of people who claim its self control, and lots of people who say its the game will only argue more. I personally think its both... give and take.

    Anyway, this is my last post for this thread. Good day and good luck with World of Warcraft... its a fun game, but just keep some self control when playing, its easy to get carried away, hours blow by before you know it.
    Last edited by Kalison; 2007-11-24 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #19
    I play WoW, but i have set it that so i can only play friday nite thru sunday evening, and then i have it set so i can't play during the week. and i can't change the controls b/c i made the password random =), go me! lol. with school and stuff, i had to do it. overall, its a fun game with all the people you meet and how u can tlk to them w/out ever seeing them. Enjoy the game, but just don't get addicted in an extremely bad way.

  20. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    well i have played it guys...Im hooked
    if you're in the Tolthaldron (sp?) realm...look me up! my name is Enophi. 30pts to the person that can figure it out.
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •