View Poll Results: Do you use your blinker while turning into your driveway?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always

15 30.61%
  • Nope

10 20.41%
  • It varies

17 34.69%
  • Don't drive yet

7 14.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do you use your blinker?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't drive yet but when I do I think I maybe an excessive blinker meaning using it too much, xD

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Thanks

Always use my blinker and seat belt, it doesnt take a great deal of effort to do both. I even bought a Chev 64, C10 from Mexico to Australia and didn't come with seat belts ever installed, and i could of keep it that way, as its over 25 yo. they were the first things that went in.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The only 2 times I use my blinker is if a cop is around, no matter where I am driving, or Im driving under the influence.

Thanks

I instruct high performance driving as a "hobby" with a major European marque club. I have witnessed several on track "incidents" including hard hits into armco, tire walls, and rollovers. I've seen every one of the occupants walk away from the crash, even with stock 3 point seat belts.

Always buckle up.

I always use mine, I'm a blinker Nazi. It urks me when people cut you off with out a warning blinker so you can back off a bit. Or when people make a turn with no blinker and slam on the brakes late... URGH it maddens me
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)

Thanks

Drving test today.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

as others said, if there is a car behind me or heading towards me yes, otherwise usually no. on major streets i almost always do, unless there is no one nearbye and im just changing lanes
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Drving test today.
    How'd it go?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    How'd it go?!
    HaHa, yes Dale1v how'd it go

I live in NYC and while I don't have a driveway (does anyone? :P ) no blinker here means rear-ended...or you're a cabby who deserves to be hit.

I've been driving for a long time in 4 different countries and while the US is very lenient about blinkers and seatbelts, my past driving experience has embedded it into me to use both at all times.

BTW, use seatbelts...you don't look cool without one and trust me when I say this...they do work.

Thanks

My mom lives in NYC (Queens) and she has a driveway. Its one of those that is shared with the house next door and the garages line the back, 3 for each home. Good source of income for Grandma.

I always do but at this point it's a natural reaction. I don't even notice or think of doing it, but if I'm making a turn / changing lanes, my hand will hit the blinker.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    My mom lives in NYC (Queens) and she has a driveway. Its one of those that is shared with the house next door and the garages line the back, 3 for each home. Good source of income for Grandma.
    Thats pretty sweet. Grandma must be living large from the rent of that :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

nah...i live on a quiet dead end street so i never do..unless someone was walking in the road or something then i would to let them know they didnt have to move, or something like that
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

timjack2
    I hate to say it but NEVER! according to most driving games (you see THEM blinking?) it causes drag and loss in concentration. I need to get round that corner FAST and away from the heat.

I also have the same policy about brakes, headlights, using the clutch and stopping.
    I might have to adopt your policy! That's quality.

i live in a nieboorhood and never use my blinker in it including my driveway

but always on the road

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12