Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iphone doesnt bounce well!... dont try it as u will end up as sad as me!!

Default The iphone doesnt bounce well!... dont try it as u will end up as sad as me!!
    Just a heads up that if your iphone drops out your pocket... it doesnt look so cool anymore!!

Whilst getting out my car, it decided to jump out my pocket, land face down (hmm similarly to toast and butter) and smash its screen..... i didnt realise this was a feature with 1.1.1.....

anyway off i pop to buy a UK iphone at more than 70 more than i paid for my 1st....

this time im investing in a crash helmet for it.

P.s if anyone has any creative ideas as to what i can do with a working iphone with a spider for a screen then im open to suggestions!

Strange. I've launched mine onto a concrete floor from about 10 feet up. Landed face down on the floor, and slid a good 6 feet. No problems with it.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

buy and install a new screen.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

Barryyoung (2007-11-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Barryyoung View Post
    Just a heads up that if your iphone drops out your pocket... it doesnt look so cool anymore!!

Whilst getting out my car, it decided to jump out my pocket, land face down (hmm similarly to toast and butter) and smash its screen..... i didnt realise this was a feature with 1.1.1.....

anyway off i pop to buy a UK iphone at more than 70 more than i paid for my 1st....

this time im investing in a crash helmet for it.

P.s if anyone has any creative ideas as to what i can do with a working iphone with a spider for a screen then im open to suggestions!
    you can get a replacement screen

http://cnn.cn/shop/apple-iphone-screen-p-1831.html

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clem-Clone For This Useful Post:

Barryyoung (2007-11-22)

Thanks

Theres a otterbox case coming out soon im getting Drop proof scratch proof sand proof water proof and idiot proof! Just for me

I know Nate True at cre.ations.net is looking for one - he will swap for a Time Fountain.

cheers guys...

im gunna b brave and see if i can install it myself.. if not its off to Mr Apple UK

Thanks

ugh...I would have a stroke and collapse there and then if that happened to me. It can be repaired, but the pain, the woe, the depression of having no phone while you wait for it to get repaired!!

sad
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

my god..did it land that hard really...cause i saaw this stress test by pcworld...and that guy dropped his iphone like a couple of times..n nothing happened to it..apart from a few minor blemishes....
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

well i have to say the first time i dropped it the case just took a battering.... however the second time it landed sunny side down onto jagged concrete in a car park... which i guess was the problem.

It may seem im not destined to be the owner of an iphone but i dont think i could go back to a conventional mobile.... so using the broken screen until the replacement screen gets here.... fingers crossed

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Barryyoung For This Useful Post:

Ridge (2007-11-25)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, good luck with fixing it. I've dropped mine out of my pocket about 4 times now, but luckily not onto concrete, just my floor. Mine has a few nicks in the casing, but hey, it gives it character lol

just get a new screen
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barryyoung View Post
    w so using the broken screen until the replacement screen gets here.... fingers crossed
    Remember that is real glass.... don't go chopping your fingers to bits.

Wow, iPhone with a spider screen...maybe you can give it to spiderman? I'm not sure what you could do, but if you do end up getting it fixed or a new one, make sure you get a good case so it doesn't happen again. I got the OtterBox defender (smaller, water resistant) and it protects mine from virtually everything (drops, bumps, shocks, scratches, dirt, dust, etc) since God knows what a horrible klutz I am. They have the armor series for water proof, but it is a bit bulkier than the defender series.

If anyone's interested in getting one, I got mine from Semsons & Co. Inc. at a really good price plus free shipping. I couldn't find a better deal anywhere else. Check out the site here: http://semsons.blogspot.com (just scroll down a little).
    OtterBox Lover

Thanks

LOL!!!

Suck... All i got is 2 very very very litle dents near the headset outlet and on/off/sleep button
    EDM

Thanks

thats why you buy an invisible case with the incase slider!

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

That sucks, i was getting out of my car talking on the phone and it slipped out of my hand (im 6'5) and fell face first straight to the concrete...i felt my heart skip a few beats and was scared to pick it up....but it was fine, phew
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

6'5..damnnnnnnn
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i got a leather case and so far it has bounced quite well. however the case doesnt cover the top corners so i have a small dent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast