Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need your help on buying a mac?

Default Need your help on buying a mac?
    Hey so i want to get a macbook/pro for the first time, and i have some questions:

1. will apple realse new macbooks or whatever soon?
    2. ive noticed that on apple's website you can just click on the student discount and get $200 off your laptop that you want to buy! i did and i just had to pay! do they check you after you buy it?

thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schneiderman View Post
    Hey so i want to get a macbook/pro for the first time, and i have some questions:

1. will apple realse new macbooks or whatever soon?
    2. ive noticed that on apple's website you can just click on the student discount and get $200 off your laptop that you want to buy! i did and i just had to pay! do they check you after you buy it?

thanks!
    Wait till after WWDC.
    Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Wait till after WWDC.
    Not sure.
    Definitely good advice...

I have bought several macs from apple and haven't had one checked on yet. My most recent was a MacBook dual 2.1 for my daughter who took it to MSU. They never followed up on that or any of my previous purchases. I guess they believe in the fact that most people are inherently honest when coming to things like that.

Personally, like doerrfan said, I am waiting till after steve says "But wait there's one more thing," before I by my next one. It's time daddy got the new toy, all the kids have gotten new MacBooks or iMacs and my wife is loving her new Mini, so it's my turn. Dreaming about maybe a quad, but more than likely will get a refurbed MacPro if they have one. Kids, once you feed them there first meal they keep coming back expecting more.