Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Stock and iTunes

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default iPhone Stock and iTunes
    Hello,

This is my first post on this forum so excuse me if I do anything wrong
    Basically my parents said that I can have an iPhone but the problem is I can't find one anyway, no where. I checked CPW and O2, but a few people are claiming that they have got one by them showing themselves as a Business establishment. Can anybody find me a UK link to the Applie iPhone where it's actually in stock.

Second question: Is there anyway of skipping iTunes Credit Card Registration, the problem is I don't have a Credit Card and I am not going to buy any music off the store, I have read that expired Gift Card allow you to register without a credit card?
    Thank you
    Neo-Tech

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

first of all welcome to mmi!

unless u'll make a contract with o2, you dont have to worry about a credit card.. just read the loads and loads of usefull guides and feel secure to "jailbreak" and "activate"(this is the term) the device and add all those amazing applications.

once u've got an iphone post us again here and i would be more than happy to guide you through
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Default Re : iPhone Stock and iTunes
    Hi,Friend.
    Thanks. This information is really very useful to me.

Thanks

when syncing with itunes, you do need an itunes account (i think), i use a maestro card which is my standard bank debit card. it doesnt have to be a credit card, but you must have an account.

the phones arent in stock because the new 3g phone is due out very soon, and after the recent price drop of the 8gb they all got zapped up pretty quick, but i thought there were still 16gb ones left.

either way, your best off waiting, and back to the new 3g iphone and your itunes account, it is worth it because the 'appstore' is coming, and you can buy games and applications (just like you would music) that will be top quality. it is worth an itunes account.

please dont get confused between 'activation', and an 'itunes account'. if you didnt know already, they are seperate things.
    and whatever you do, dont activate the phone with a legitimate o2 contract. unlock it, get the simplicity tariff with the web bolt on and get the 35 a month iphone 18 month contract for 25, monthly rolling (can vancel at any time).

sorry to be long winded but theres allot to know. basically, wait it out for the 3g one, dont get the iphone contract, and you will be best off with an itunes account.

Thanks

1) Dont buy one yet. New one comes out next month on the second or third week. Tons better...
    2) Yes, you can use redeem an itunes card. that will skip the credit card part

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I only want an iTunes account so it can download all the album artwork. I don't know if you knew this but I am a jailbreak expert, lol. Thanks for the help guys, and yes I may wait for the 3G iPhone

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech