Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwnage tool for windows and not beta

Default pwnage tool for windows and not beta
    hi guys i saw this at another site , have anybody tried it i just wanted to know if it is fake or not ok , here is the link

Rejailbroke Using WinPwn 1.0 - Step-by-Step Instructions | Apple iPhone School

Thanks

Here you go. click

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Works like a charm . Took under 3 minutes to change the boot logo without a single restore.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Thanks

Yep....It work fine for me too.

I hope it's not fake
    iPhone 3GS, 32GB, 4.0, AT&T
    iPad 3G, 16GB, 3.2, jailbroken

Thanks

Why did it ask me to put my phone into restore mode to change the logo????

Because... It cannot be done using a fully booted Mobile OS X, why do you care? It changes the boot image...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Thanks

Because... It cannot be done using a fully booted Mobile OS X, why do you care? It changes the boot image..
    Well, I cared becasue I didnt want to lose all my apps and customization. I can't believe I'm actually going to admit this, but I thought once in restore mode I'd be back to a stock phone. Well i did a little more homework and refreshed my memory on the difference between restore mode and DFU mode.

I took the plunge and was successful.

I was afraid to manually try for restore becasue i ussally end up in DFU mode so when Winpwn wouldnt put my phone into restore mode automatically, i used ZiPhone to so it. I clicked on advanced and then unchecked all the boxes jailbreak, activate, unlock and then clicked on "restore mode" I relaxed a bit when I saw the restore logo and not a black screen. Black screen means DFU mode for those who don't know. As soon as I was in restore mode, winpwn proceeded to change the logos. It went back into recovery mode after it told me it was done so I wnet back into ZiPhone Advanced features (the launch iBooter button was grayed out), again unchecked all the boxes and then clicked on "normal mode". After a few minutes of breath holding and watching white text messages on the iPhone screen, my Phone booted up to my familiar custom lock screen and all apps present.

I believe that I was somewhat confused by the fact that it seems that many people don't want to lose their settings as in preferences. As long as i have a recent sync i could care less about resetting up mail weather wifi etc... But I didnt want to have to reinstall all my apps and all the manual permissions tweaks and some plist edits that i had to to to get everything to work.

So in a nutshell: Using Winpwn to change custom logos ONLY will not change a thing on your phone. Settings, Apps, AND themes will remain as you have them.

Thumbs up So it works well without any troubles
    so it works well
    Im glad to be the first to inform you with the news

Feel free to hit thanks ;-)

Thanks

"The .ipsw format is Apple's format for the distribution of firmware update archives for it's range of pocketable products. These archives are usually obtained automatically using iTunes, however you will be able to download these images directly from the Apple download site. These links are published on third party forums and can be found using google or your favourite search engine, simply searching for "1.1.4 iPhone download url" will usually turn up the direct links for these files."

This makes NO sense to me at all.... Whats a .ipsw... I STILL havent be able to figure that out AND i did the google search thing and nothing happens..
    EDM

.ipsw = iPhone Software

Thanks

Arent you a bundle of information?
    EDM