Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Completely Satisfied?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Completely Satisfied?
    are you completely satisfied with your iphone? are there any things you would change?

the reason is that ive seen a lot of ppl that have modded their phone, but some of the stock programs dont work (like SMS or visual voicemail). who has modded their phone and everything works and they are completely satisfied?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i have all my stock apps work flawlessly. im pretty happy with my modded iphone. there are a few things i would change mostly relating to stock sms app. like landscape view is my biggest dislike, as in i cant type in landscape view, but i imagin it will be fixed one of these days. mod ur phone totlay worth it, there are patches all over the web and via installer to fix most ppls problems, i had to get one to get voicmail and to get email to work
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

kadinh (2008-05-20)

Thanks

im going to get the 3g iphone when it comes out (the cash is already there, im just waiting for the word from apple) and im going to mod it so i can put all the apps. what software did you use? i hear the installer app is really the best one.

Thanks

3G would be nice, but for me is not necessary at all. Built in Video Capture, MMS, Copy and Paste, the usual...

Im looking at a HTC Diamond right now, but even if i would take that over iPhone 2, i don't have $600+ to throw down on a new phone when mine is perfectly good.

Thanks

I have everything working on my modded pwned iPhone, but I'm on ATT.

I wnat to get a 3G but I want to make sure I can use custom icons and lockscreen like i have on my 1.1.4 and free apps.

^^ I'd bet that there will be little change in the F/W for iPhone 2G, maybe they fixed the hole that PWNage exploited... Who knows?..

I am satisfied with my phone currently. The unofficial SDK was a huge hit, creating tons of useful and fun applications. With the official SDK apps about to launch, I am anxiously awaiting to see what will happen to iPhone. Unlike other mobile phones, the developing community is huge for iPhone. Who needs JAVA when you can have native apps? Native apps > Mobile Java, IMO. Call me a fanboy, but at least I finally have a device that offers more add-ons than any other mobile device.

It seems that the people that complain are those that thought that the phone would wash dishes, fold the laundry and tuck the kids in at night. I, on the other hand, bought the phone knowing full well that it wasn't the second coming of Jesus Christ, just probably one of the greatest mobile devices to date.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    ^^ I, on the other hand, bought the phone knowing full well that it wasn't the second coming of Jesus Christ, just probably one of the greatest mobile devices to date.
    word,!! but i sure wish it would do the dishes haha
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Wish it had fully functional Bluetooth

Hardware:
    Full Bluetooth would be nice, but I would use it connect to my laptop and I can sorta do that with Wifi + remote desktop connection (web app).
    Camera could have been better

Software:
    Most if not all of the problems that keep me from being completely satisfied will easily be fixed with the SDK, so I'm patiently waiting for that.

Thanks

Overall I am extremely happy - i it perfect? No. However, I have never had a perfect device and i will always find some sort of critique (or the device will cost 2 grand...lol).

Pros: Great form factor, solid UI, screen is gorgeous, YouTube functionality is great, battery life is solid. Love the ability to add new features/applications without being nickeled and dimed.

Cons: No stereo blue tooth, no GPS, battery is good, not great. 3G will be great (though I am on T-mobile who doesn't even have that network yet)

Overall I am EXTREMELY satisfied. Will i get an itch for the new Iphone? yes, but that is because i am gadget guy. I will also probably wait because of the price tag and because i want to know it will work for T-Mo.

Am I 100% satisfied...no. But I am also not complaining, just mentioning what I would like to see to truly make this thing perfect (or close to it).

Thanks

Im almost satisfied. The phone has basic things, but it could have more, and thats why we will have frimware 2.0. It will have apps like the ones from installer, but better. Like super monkey ball =]! Anyway I would definitely get the 3G iphone if i had the cash on hand.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm still waiting for Landscape mode SMS.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Thanks

thanks for all the replies. im just hoping that when i get the 2.0 iphone that all of the apps will still work on this site. i dont really see any reason why they wont, im just really hoping. and if not, i can always sell the 2.0 and buy the cheaper 1st gen.

mines unlocked and jailbroken and it works well. I'm pretty satisfied with my phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone my2AWDgst's Avatar
    Thanks

Sure...
    DSM fan
    ...16GB 3G Iphone...

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

AHAHA! Im VERY happy with my iPhone....

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

Something to consider: Do you think you are happier with your iPhone because it didn't do everything you wanted right out-the-box?

When I used to work in sales we were always urged to get a product into the customer hands (when possible) to establish a sense of ownership between the person and the product. That's how you would try to sell a customer on the product. With the iPhone modding community I think the sense of ownership isn't the physical product in our hands it's the community support and knowing that this device, derived from decades of computer customization, can be more than a glorified cellular phone. It can be molded into whatever we want. What sells us is being part of an elite mobile computing community, not just the shiny.

Really, if the iPhone had launched with the ability for you to do everything you wanted it to do right out-the-box would you have been happy with it? I wouldn't have! Where's the fun in that?

To answer this threads purpose, yes, I'm very happy with my iPhone. I just finally upgraded from a 4GB to a 8GB and bought my wife a 16GB. We live in Alaska where there is no 3G and we never go "trekking" so I don't have any use for 3G or GPS. Like most others on this forum I think my biggest complaints about the iPhone are SMS not having landscape mode and the non-user-replaceable battery. I just wish I had the time to hit up a bookstore for some programming guides so I could scratch at least one of those itches myself!
    Last edited by navalynt; 2008-05-24 at 11:53 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just wish it had MMS with video