Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rep - "I'm not allowed to show you my phone, but I can demo the case."

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Question Apple Rep - "I'm not allowed to show you my phone, but I can demo the case."
    So, while trying to decide which case to buy with my latest iPhone, I asked the sales rep. if i could look at his case (with iPhone inside) he held it up and said that he wasn't allowed to show me his phone but i can demo the case for you?

I wonder what they're hiding....my guess is that some of the reps. have modded iPhones and they don't want the public thinking that Apple approves of it. Just a random thought.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mann22 For This Useful Post:

atlking (2007-11-12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Thanks

of course this is the only answer. if you're an iphone owner you probably know a thing or two about hacking it, especially if you love electronics.
    and of course apple knows this. so they say its alright to mod, just don't show your phone off, because then you'll have people asking how to do everything, or why their phone doesn't have all that stuff.

I know it sounds like i'm repeating what you say. i just felt like giving my 2 cents. :-\
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

or maybe they have the double secret awesome new 1.2.0 firmware running on their iPhones!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackme View Post
    or maybe they have the double secret awesome new 1.2.0 firmware running on their iPhones!!
    maybe...although i don't think some those folks would be able to keep something like that a secret.

they might have new firmware....remember awhile back they were saying that a killer update was comming in october with all the goodies....hello it's November now

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atlking View Post
    they might have new firmware....remember awhile back they were saying that a killer update was comming in october with all the goodies....hello it's November now
    this is true...although, i've been supporting apple computers for about 8 years now and i've never really known them to be on time with any MAJOR releases. usually 3-6 weeks behind.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Or maybe he had a Dirty/perspnal background?

OR he found a way to boot Win-Mo on it and is afraid to show you, fearing for his very life- and his job I guess...

I asked to see a reps case at the Apple store in West Farm's Mall, CT. I mentioned that he hadn't modded his phone yet, and he said he can't discuss that with me, but that management checks their phones everytime to leave the store to make sure they have THIER phone, and also to make sure they aren't modded.

I really have no opinion on this. Maybe he just didn't want to show you his actual phone?

Reako

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

I visited the Apple store nearby and when I went in, one of the reps I was talking to saw my iPhone that I was having trouble with and said I would have to restore it first because of the mods. I apologized about it, his response, "It's not like every employee here hasn't done that to their own or anything, we just can't accept it with that on there."

apple employees are just like you and i... and we all want to mod our phones

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was at the local Apple store tonight. I was just kind looking at the accessories while one of the guys was trying to close on this woman. He was telling her all about the phone and she was asking if it would get scratched. I was looking at an Agent18 case and asked if they had a demo version so I could see how it fit. He said no but then told me he liked this other case better and it was the one he used. I asked to see it and he said "I can't have my phone out on the floor because I hacked it all up." I laughed and the lady asked him what that meant. He said he wasn't allowed to talk about it. I whipped out my phone and she said "I would probably have to have my son do all that". We all got a laught out of that. Another interesting note, over their WiFi I was unable to visit jailbreakme.com on the demo phones and on my personal phone.

haha thats really funny that you say that about jailbreakme.com .. me and a bunch of my friends went into our local apple store and ran it on all the demo phones and bounced. lol they prob blocked it some how now.
    iPhone Nice

Green Apple
    Thanks
    the only thing with that is he spoke using group terminology. he said "WE are not allowed to demo OUR phones." just weird is all...in the long run, it's just my curiosity getting the better of me.

maybe they dont have an actual phone, they just carry those empty cases. they carry them to show support

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tony8192 View Post
    haha thats really funny that you say that about jailbreakme.com .. me and a bunch of my friends went into our local apple store and ran it on all the demo phones and bounced. lol they prob blocked it some how now.
    Work around: Turn WiFi off. Then try loading Jailbreakme on the Edge network.. if you happen to get service in an apple store.

I tried this at 3 different apple stores and they had all blocked jailbreakme from their servers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple doesn't want employees showing their phones cause of the content of their phones is personal and that's why they provide demo phones. Also just in case the employee may have content on their phone deemed offensive by some....just to avoid legal issues

Banned
    Thanks

thats funny...those damn sales reps

I was in my local AT&T Store showing off my modded phone to a guy who had an iPhone himself and he was like "WHAT??? HOW DID YOU GET THOSE GAMES AND STUFF ON THERE???" He whipped out his phone and it was completely virgin. I explained part of it stopped and said, "You know, for $20, I would be happy to bring my laptop into the Starbucks next door and hook you up." I was a rockstar for a day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast