Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Our (little) community

I dont think ive met anyone who knows about this site off the back, however, they ALL want to mod their phone after they see mine and tell them what they can do. A lot seem to know its able to be modded, but they dont know how to. Also unlocking is popular with people who dont have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    We weren't referring to the police.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX910 View Post
    Ever see the show "To Catch a Predator"???
    True... They do a good job of cleaning up the streets though.

I know of two people who have the iPhone. One is a really close friend, and he has his hacked to bits, and the other I'm not sure if it is stock or not. I'd be willing to bet that it is.

It's cool how we can come together like this and share ideas/hacks/etc for anything. I bought an old Sony Clie PEG-UX40 (Awesome device btw) and found modding info lol. It's crazy! I just don't understand how someone would not want to mod their iPhone. The custom apps are amazing! It's not like w/ the RAZR series; the hacks were cool, but no where near as large and powerful as the hacks for the iPhone... But that's just me or US rather!

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by arthursdomain
    No Aku Birds! | TechNically | Digg
    How did you think of 'Aku Birds'? I don't follow... I read the meaning, and it is really funny, but I don't understand the name...
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2007-11-14 at 06:23 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i haven't met anyone who has really known about the site, i've told a few ppl about it.

there's a guy in my speech class who has a touch and he know about modding, not the forum though. he is into mac's and ****, so told him about jailbreakme.com last week, he hasn't heard about it yet, but another guy (who doesn't have an iphone or touch but is also into mac's lol knew about it). so during break, he went to jailbreakme.com and right there and then had a modded touch.

rofl iphone meet, haha thats the type of **** we do with the automotive forums i'm on, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    rofl iphone meet, haha thats the type of **** we do with the automotive forums i'm on, LOL
    Which forum are you on?? I'm guessing they are Acura forums. Just wondering because I have an Acura TL Type-S and I am on AcuraZine quite often..

Reako

Iphone is amazing but i need to another one my old one FCKIN BROK!!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Which forum are you on?? I'm guessing they are Acura forums. Just wondering because I have an Acura TL Type-S and I am on AcuraZine quite often..

Reako
    i am a member of acurazine, and have gone to a couple of their chicago meets but they don't really have a legend section (last i was there) so i don't really spend too much time there.

I mostly hang out at acura-legend.com recently i've been in the market to buy myself another 3rd gen prelude, so i've been hang out at preludepower.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just to touch back on this. I now see on average 5-6 iphone users a day. No one to date has had a modded phone and only one knew about modding. Claimed he had a friend that bricked his trying something or other and he didn't wanna mess with it. I do find that most users are older, 35-45 and predominantly male. They are always curious about my phone and I always refer them here. I wonder if there has been a surge of new users since my "missionary" work started?

So it is you that we, the mob, need to go after then, is it Wastegate? Have you noticed the "How do I jailbreak my phone" questions as of late? Why is my iPhone broken? How do I turn my phone on? What does my iphone do? etc. etc. etc . lmao.
    Search NAZI

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm in canada - got my first iphone the same day they dropped the price,
    I was the first person I know who had one. I showed it to my friend,
    who went out and got one, and he showed it to his friends who went out and got one,
    and it just exploded from there - TONS of people at my university have one now.
    Obviously all hacked to work on a canadian provider....

I don't know if they are on here, but people keep pestering me to help them with theirs! Sometimes I do, because it's fun, and other times I tell them to come here...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought my iPhone in August, had been reading along on this board before I even got it, and hacked it the day I bought it. I had to actually download installer to my desktop and install it, remember those days?? LOL

I know two or three people with iPhones, but none of them will mod it, oh well, they don't know what their missing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    The logistics of it all are unimaginable and the odds of even being here are against you like a spec of dust floating around the sun.
    Not at all, it stems from the fact that most people like to remain blissfully ignorant of their surroundings. Anyone with the slightest notion of stepping outside the box can do a google search and end up right here.

Quote Originally Posted by annaj View Post
    I'm in canada - got my first iphone the same day they dropped the price,
    I was the first person I know who had one. I showed it to my friend,
    who went out and got one, and he showed it to his friends who went out and got one,
    Beat'cha! I got mine August 16th.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-12-11 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

I've met a bunch of iPhone owners, and only two have modded, one was an iTouch and the other i taught how

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dust Busta's Avatar
    Thanks

Since I got my iPhone my 3 of my friends bought one and my girlfriend bought one! It seems like whenever someone sees my iPhone, they want one too. All of my friends are getting them now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dust Busta View Post
    Since I got my iPhone my 3 of my friends bought one and my girlfriend bought one! It seems like whenever someone sees my iPhone, they want one too. All of my friends are getting them now.
    i hate that

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

/\ /\ /\ Yah but you're some sort of elitist.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I've been to AT&T a few times lately for random reasons, and one of the times I had a discussion with one of the reps who owned an iPhone and took notice of mine. His was 1.1.1 unlocked and modded, and during our convo about modding, I informed him he could upgrade to 1.1.2 using guides here, and get the Summerboard theme I had, that he fell in love with, from here. I've seen countless people looking at the iPhone every time I've been in there, but I've met very few people who actually own them around here. The AT&T rep was the only one of the handful, who had modded his.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My friend has and iPod Touch, I told him to go to jailbreakme.com so he did it, and hacked his touch. BUT, he said all of the apps were stupid. I dont think anyone's seen him since (jokes).

Anyways, I only know 2 people who have iPhones. They (meaning one of their husbands) hacked the iPhone to work here (in Aus.). One is fine with it. The other doesnt and wants to sell it. Neither of them have done anything special with their phones. It just sucks that they had an iPhone before I could get mine, and one of them doesnt even like it.

one work collegue bought his cause he saw mine (a month before the UK launch) he's unhappy paying 35 a month for 200 mins and 200 texts when I have an unlimited deal for much less )

But he's too nervous to let me jailbreak it for him even though he is desperate to be able to forward SMS.

The thing is other than this guy I've never seen a single person in the street use an iphone, even though people love the look and the feel I guess UK people are not too keen to splash the cash when the N95-3 is available for free with much better tarrif terms

I think o2 must be overstating there sales which must have crashed since launch week because I live near Newcastle which is a big city and I've never seen a single iphone in use and all the o2stores are full of very young kids just playing around with them noone ever seems to buy one. That might change when they eventually unlock 1.1.2...............if ever
    Last edited by ericidle; 2007-12-13 at 07:29 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

i know four people at school with iphones. one person bought his because i promised to help him mod it and the other two salivate at my lucious backgrounds and forbidden applications. it is fabulous
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Forbidden...Haha. What a good adjective!

Reako

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12