Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone headphone replacement (UK)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iphone headphone replacement (UK)
    ok i really dont like the standard headphones as they fall out every other step. i do really like the clicker for skip/pause and find it very convenient. the problem is nowhere in the uk sell any kind of replacement yet like ultimatebuds or rivet stereo headsets in the uk!!! the only ones that are sold are the v moda duos which are pretty expensive and im not really sure if there worth it (mixed reviews).

Anybody know anywhere in the uk preferrably that sells headphones with the same functions as the apple? i would have bought the rivet ones but shipping from the U.S is more than the product lol $40 so it works out at $70. not worth it for a pair of $30 headphones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

And im not really up to modding the original headphones before someone points that out dont want to end up with no headphones.
    Last edited by jam; 2007-11-11 at 05:01 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Why don't you want to mod them? Theres very little chance of causing undoable damage to them unless you're mentally challenged, or WANT to screw them up.

Thanks

Well for one i would have to go out and find a soldering iron to buy. Secondly id have to find a decent pair of headphones to mod without having any idea whether there gonna be a b**** to open or even if they are gona open and even if the do open, a decent pair of headphones + soldering iron + apple headphones = the price to buy another pair anyway. To call anyone that doesnt wish to mod there headphones mentally retarded makes me think that attitude has gained u very little friends in life but hey that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    To call anyone that doesnt wish to mod there headphones mentally retarded makes me think that attitude has gained u very little friends in life but hey that's just my opinion.
    May want to re-read the guys' post. He didn't call you "retarded". He said you'd have to be retarded to screw up modding a set of headphones. Two different meanings.

I thought you Limeys were thicker skinned than that. Need some more Lime juice? :LOL:

Let us know if you find a decent set of headphones that work with the iPhone.

Cheerio

Thanks

think i woke up on wrong side of bed today have u been to uk lately? Anything to start a fight lol. Apologies stealth its not ur post its my mood today and refusing to accept your pointing out the obvious

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The Shure Music Phone Adapter is available in the UK now, allows you to use any headphones you like and be able to control the phone still like the stock Apple headphones, you should find stock in your closest Apple Store, they had tons in the Regent Street store Friday night, here's a link to it on the US online store:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=TN544LL/A

Thanks

any idea of the uk price mate?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Think it was £39.99

Thanks

you should buy some v-moda headphones.. It has everything the stock headphones had except better

Thanks

so do you have them? How's the sound quality and bass? Are they worth £70? Thanks for help

P.s do they only sell them at the apple store?
    Last edited by jam; 2007-11-11 at 07:58 PM.